Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is the best thing to buy for teenagers? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hotwheels!! http://www.hotwheels.com/

ReputationRep:
    Books and music, and I like to find art reproductions. I buy most of my music from charity shops, mostly LPs and cassettes, and I get my sheet music from the music shop in the centre.
    Or if I'm running out, materials like paint and paper.
    Otherwise, random things that catch my eye. I bought a lovely suitcase today, 60s Antler. Actually I didn't buy it, it was free, but I would have bought it if it hadn't been!

Weed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizlaz350)
    Music and all sorts of cool technology/gadgety things. Also, anything quirky and unique.
    This. But NOT IPAD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adil12)
    Hey people, I was just wondering if you are a teenager, what is the best thing for you to buy? Whether it be shoes, clothes, games, etc. If you had money to spend, what would you spend it on and why?
    A small bag of marijuana.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinda.college)
    Ed Hardy is quite fashionable if you buy the right stuff

I brought this for my sister and she loved it , too bad I didn't get the fit lady in the pic for myself lmao
    gtfo troll.

ReputationRep:
    rubber condoms, lube, play boys magazine stuff like that
    the teenage thing is to ****

ReputationRep:
    weed

ReputationRep:
    no, i have spoken the answer there is now no reason to make another post

ReputationRep:
    Female or male?
    13/14 or 18/19?
    Girly-girl or Tomboy?

If you're going to buy them music - Don't, give them a itunes voucher/gift card.
    Clothes - Only if you know their size (and aren't likely to offend them) and taste.
    Make-up - Only if it's a gift set.

ReputationRep:
    Clothes, booze, sports equipment/clothing, gig tickets and nights out with friends. That's about the bulk of it... And train/bus tickets.

ReputationRep:
    Money or vouchers.

Seriously any attempt at buying clothes or CDs is just going to end in failure. Don't waste your money on stuff they will hate or already have.

ReputationRep:
    When I was a teenager I wanted the same stuff I do now - books, music (CDs and sheet music), interesting odds and ends, sports stuff, interesting food. I'd have liked a digital camera as a teenager too, though I've got one now. I was a real tomboy (still am a bit) and didn't really care about fashion or makeup, or the latest technological gadgets.

Edit: I'd have loved to have gone travelling, too.

ReputationRep:
    A really good Canon Camera.

ReputationRep:
    hmmm, makeup mainly, clothes, shoes, bags, dvd boxsets, a holiday in mexico, a horse, chocolate, do my bedroom up etc etc oh and booze

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stefan1991)
    A small bag of marijuana.
    This.

ReputationRep:
    Wow that's a long list :eek: Umm I don't have all that stuff to hand over :woo:
    Those are only the things I managed to come up with instantly, off the top of my head If I put a little more thought into it then.....................

ReputationRep:
    Quirky little gadgets

ReputationRep:
    Hey people, I was just wondering if you are a teenager, what is the best thing for you to buy? Whether it be shoes, clothes, games, etc. If you had money to spend, what would you spend it on and why?
    A crate load of condoms and an STI testing kit, these days. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I seem to spend most of my money on books and CD's these days.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.