Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reggaeinyourjeggae)
    Does anyone know if Oxford consider your school's average gcse data when analysing yours? The website says they do, one student said they don't, one said they do, an admissions tutor said they do, another said they do sometimes so.... :P
    Anyone got any advice?

(cause then OP, that would count in your favour! Your gcses are great anyway though)
    lol, thanks a lot. it's okay, i think i would be happy at cambridge as well after visiting on sunday it really changed my perspective of the place although it was a bit surreal, some of the colleges seemed really pretentious :L

btw, does anybody know if cambridge can see your ukcat score?? i'm guessing they can seeing as it's on the ucas form, but does it work in your favour if it's good? surely an admissions tutor would subconsciously take note of it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by my_username_rocks)
    lol, thanks a lot. it's okay, i think i would be happy at cambridge as well after visiting on sunday it really changed my perspective of the place although it was a bit surreal, some of the colleges seemed really pretentious :L

btw, does anybody know if cambridge can see your ukcat score?? i'm guessing they can seeing as it's on the ucas form, but does it work in your favour if it's good? surely an admissions tutor would subconsciously take note of it?
    Only the consortium of Universities which use the UKCAT for medical applications will receive your score via the liaison between them. Oxbridge will not receive your score and hence it will not influence your chances of getting in.

Oxbridge use their own admissions test known as the BMAT and this is a crucial part of their admissions process!

ReputationRep:

Good choice, best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    GCSE school average score is taken into account right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JONNYCMW)
    GCSE school average score is taken into account right?
    nobody is answering us! :confused: :p:

ReputationRep:
    Not for oxford.

They don't have a supplementary form so I don't know how they can find out (unless, of course, they're bored enough to go internet-stalking). I think you do need to put down average school score on the additional Cambridge form.

BUT I am not sure.

ReputationRep:
    yeah wen u put it like that i sound cocky, what i meant was if i had worked harder i could have got the A*s needed to be more than the average oxbridge applicant, sorry didn't want to upset anyone
    I would apply cambs, you'd have to do really well on bmat to compensate for oxford...

ReputationRep:
    GCSE scores are used by Oxford and Cambridge in medicine in predicting (university-wise) whether you can get an A at A-Level. However, even if your results at GCSE level weren't that great, good AS results will offset this. I'd recommend you apply to Oxford... you have 4 days left . Go! Go! Go!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    FFS, the two universities are not the same, and I really get saddened by the way they're viewed by medical applicants nowadays.
    I agree; Oxbridge is a horrible artificial moniker. Oxford is like Dr Jekyll, and Cambridge is like Mr Hyde - and nobody ever said about the two of them "Oh, I can't decide which one I want to sleep with!".

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.