Turn on thread page Beta

is my record that bad? watch

ReputationRep:
    Ok, well since finishing sixth form in september 2007 (dropped out due to disciplinary reasons) I've ended up on the wrong side of the law a few times. I have a good circle of friends, not a bad job I just end up on the wrong side of the law sometimes my list below

April 2005. given a 12 month conditional discharge for cocaine possession

January 2008 sentenced to a 3 month referral order for harassment

July 2008 sentenced to 80 hours unpaid work a £100 fine and £250 compensation order for assault.

December 2008. fined £80 for being drunk and disorderly

February 2009. £150 fine for theft and £60 court costs

April 2009. fined £100 and ordered to pay £200 compensation for criminal damage.

October 2009. fined £115 and given £15 court costs for threatening words or behaviour

March 2010. fined £400 for non payment of a tv licence.

July 2010. fined £300 and given 12 month conditional discharge for obtaining credit by deception.

I want to redeem myself in some way. I'm self employed I'm a trader on ebay but one day I might have to apply for a job at a company. How will an employer ever trust me? What could I do to make things better?

Ps I posted as anoymous because a little embarrassed. I'm a 20 year old born in May 1990 if that helps by the way.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, pretty diabolical.

ReputationRep:
    the assault theft and harrassment i cant really see as being unless theres exeptional circumstnaces (pretecting a vulnerable, vigilante type etc), but the rest is ok, im fine with drug possession etc it doesnt really harm anyone that doesnt want to get involved with that world. credit by deception is fine. what exactly did you to deceive to get credit exactly though?

ReputationRep:
    in before "you shouldn't have done it" etc etc etc

Why don't you do some voluntary work, like helping young people in your position to get out of the bad cycle theyre in etc...head down to your local connexions centre and see if they can help you out. Try social services?

ReputationRep:
    Wow... just wow. You want to start straightening up if you want to be employed! Do those things get erased from your record after a period of time?

ReputationRep:
    the anonymous things gone.
    and it should be ok if you've paid them all off. though you may have most problems with the cocaine possesion problem.

ReputationRep:
    ps no one i know puts their crimes on their cvs/applications

its counter productive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche)
    in before "you shouldn't have done it" etc etc etc

Why don't you do some voluntary work, like helping young people in your position to get out of the bad cycle theyre in etc...head down to your local connexions centre and see if they can help you out. Try social services?
    At the end of the day, I shouldnt have done half the things. I'm definatley no angel. I will take the advice of vouluntary work. I'm ok selling on ebay at the moment. Thats all legal and above board I just don't want anything to darken my charachter further.

ReputationRep:
    Credit by deception is pretty bad. It makes you look incredibly untrustworthy. Coke possession at 15 is also pretty serious, as are theft and assault. You've had minor sentences, but the offences aren't that small. The best advice I can give is simply to stop committing crimes. A long record of abiding by the law should help a lot.

ReputationRep:
    you cant sell on ebay, ebay's a fridge magnet

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, it's not great. You're going to have to do a lot of 'good' (voluntary work etc) to counteract the 'bad'. It's not going to be easy but it can be done.

ReputationRep:
    what is credit by deception?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoghurtlover)
    Ok, well since finishing sixth form in september 2007 (dropped out due to disciplinary reasons) I've ended up on the wrong side of the law a few times. I have a good circle of friends, not a bad job I just end up on the wrong side of the law sometimes my list below

April 2005. given a 12 month conditional discharge for cocaine possession

January 2008 sentenced to a 3 month referral order for harassment

July 2008 sentenced to 80 hours unpaid work a £100 fine and £250 compensation order for assault.

December 2008. fined £80 for being drunk and disorderly

February 2009. £150 fine for theft and £60 court costs

April 2009. fined £100 and ordered to pay £200 compensation for criminal damage.

October 2009. fined £115 and given £15 court costs for threatening words or behaviour

March 2010. fined £400 for non payment of a tv licence.

July 2010. fined £300 and given 12 month conditional discharge for obtaining credit by deception.

I want to redeem myself in some way. I'm self employed I'm a trader on ebay but one day I might have to apply for a job at a company. How will an employer ever trust me? What could I do to make things better?

Ps I posted as anoymous because a little embarrassed. I'm a 20 year old born in May 1990 if that helps by the way.
    you're strewed since you done assault and harassment. Try the army, if you hadn't committed a crime within 2 years

ReputationRep:
    what is credit by deception

ReputationRep:
    Well, the cocaine, harassment, assault, and theft things are the worst but it depends on what job you want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by big-boss-91)
    you're strewed since you done assault and harassment. Try the army, if you hadn't committed a crime within 2 years
    The assault case I was bang to rights. An argument at a barbecue on a sunday night, got into an argument with a bloke who was there ended up decking him. The harassment case is probably the one that pisses me off the most though cos it was an ex girlfriend who had made lies up against me saying i was phoning her all the time and ringing her. Suprised it stayed in court tbh.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the writer)
    x
    ' credit by deception' what do you think it entails?

In any event I'm not proud of it. I don't big myself up. I'm very lucky not to have done a stretch in the nick to be honest. Many people say never again but I mean it this time.

I plan to start a fresh chapter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoghurtlover)
    ' credit by deception' what do you think it entails?

In any event I'm not proud of it. I don't big myself up. I'm very lucky not to have done a stretch in the nick to be honest. Many people say never again but I mean it this time.

I plan to start a fresh chapter.
    Good luck man!
    you can become whatever and whoever you want to be if you want it enough. You can do it !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the writer)
    what is credit by deception
    It's pretty self-explanatory. It's quite simply obtaining credit by lying. It's in essence, fraud.

ReputationRep:
    Mad vlad always ruins the fun :rolleyes:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 2, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.