Hey - I'm in my second year studying law. Last year I just chose my books at random and wasn't very impressed with them.
This year I would like to do more research before I buy any.
For Company Law - we have been told to get either:
Boyle & Birds’ Company Law, 7th ed, 2009
Hannigan, Company Law, 2nd ed, 2009
Mayson, French and Ryan, Company Law, 2010
Charlesworth’s Company Law, 18th
For EU law either:
• S. Weatherill, Cases & Materials on EU Law
• D. Chalmers et al., European Union Law: Text and Materials
• T. Hartley, The Foundations of European Union Law
• C. Barnard and J. Scott, The Substantive Law of the EU
• J Fairhurst, Law of the European Union
• P Mathijsen, A Guide to European Union Law
For equity and trusts:
-Handbury and Martin
-Parker and Mellows
-Todd and Wilsons
-Haley and Mcmurthy
Have you guys had any experiences with any of these books - would you recommend any? We've been recommended so many I don't know which ones to get and most of them are already gone from the library.
Best books to get for 2nd year? Watch
- Thread Starter
- 02-10-2010 20:39
- 02-10-2010 20:42