Turn on thread page Beta

Does he like me? watch

Anon or delete please in case he uses this site.

Okay so there's this guy that I had a bit of a crush on last year in college, but this year we've ended up sitting together for one of our classes. So I've known him known him for three weeks and we're both 17.

He seems quite flirty with me, compliments my converses, glances at me a lot, we're quite jokey and he laughs a lot at what I say. Seemed concerned when i missed a couple of lessons. He listens to all the stupid **** I come out with when it's really not that interesting. It was tipping it down the other day and he knew I had to walk home in it, but he was getting a lift, so he gave me his hoodie to borrow till next week even though I didn't ask for it. And then walked me to the station even though he was just wearing a shirt (though maybe he just wanted to waste time in the gap before his lesson). He hangs around at the end of lessons to wait for me even if the teacher's talking to me for ages, but doesn't do this with his male friends.

On the other hand, a lot of his friends are girls and he's a bit touchy-feely with this other girl we're both friends with. :/

But big but is that he has a girlfriend of over a year. But - and I eel like a complete ***** for saying this - she is quite a large girl, and being brutally honest is not very pretty. He hasn't talked about her, but he knows I know through fb, but he obviously likes her if they're going out. And yes I do realise that she probably just has a really nice personality.

People of TSR, does he like me more than a friend?

anyone? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    It's hard to say.

Can't you just ask him somehow?

He might just be being nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    anyone? :confused:

We don't have enough information to know! We aren't there, we just have a short description to go on...

You on the other hand have all kinds of signals. What do you think??

My guess is that he does, but isn't sure what YOU feel about it. No firm evidence for that, but I just get that sense. Could be wrong.

Tempt him more. Subtly. Show your interest in the way that only girls can do, without being obvious.

If he responds take it from there. If not, forget him. He is into the other girl, and diverting himself with you.

Who needs that, huh??

ReputationRep:

He seems quite flirty with me, compliments my converses, glances at me a lot, we're quite jokey and he laughs a lot at what I say.
    That is always a very good sign...

ReputationRep:
    He must be gay tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wookymon)
    I lol'd :p:

(Original post by killer whale)

We don't have enough information to know! We aren't there, we just have a short description to go on...

You on the other hand have all kinds of signals. What do you think??

My guess is that he does, but isn't sure what YOU feel about it. No firm evidence for that, but I just get that sense. Could be wrong.

Tempt him more. Subtly. Show your interest in the way that only girls can do, without being obvious.

If he responds take it from there. If not, forget him. He is into the other girl, and diverting himself with you.

Who needs that, huh??
    Thanks From the way he acts with me, I think he does, I'm just not sure if he acts that way with lots of other girls too. He's one of those guys whoses majority of friends are female.

Oh, and i hadn't wanted to write much more in case people did the whole tl;dr thing :P

And yeah, I'll try to. I just didn't know whether I should back off cos of the other girl cos i feel mean. But then he goes and gives me his hoody.

I think you're right tho :yes: if he responds more, i'll see what happens, if not it's not worth it.

(Original post by sweetascandy)

I lol'd

I did too tbh aha

ReputationRep:
    Thanks From the way he acts with me, I think he does, I'm just not sure if he acts that way with lots of other girls too. He's one of those guys whoses majority of friends are female.

Oh, and i hadn't wanted to write much more in case people did the whole tl;dr thing :P

And yeah, I'll try to. I just didn't know whether I should back off cos of the other girl cos i feel mean. But then he goes and gives me his hoody.

I think you're right tho :yes: if he responds more, i'll see what happens, if not it's not worth it.

I did too tbh aha

You don't need to feel mean. If he is REALLY into her he won't be seriously flirting with you. So they have no future and there's the end of it.

And if he isn't serious about you and into her you aren't harming her.

Both ways there is no need to feel guilty.

Guys in love don't stray. Or at least, guys in love that you could be interested in don't.

ReputationRep:
    You expect me to predict if he fancies you?

Ask him out?

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:

Okay so there's this guy that I had a bit of a crush on last year in college, but this year we've ended up sitting together for one of our classes. So I've known him known him for three weeks and we're both 17.

He seems quite flirty with me, compliments my converses, glances at me a lot, we're quite jokey and he laughs a lot at what I say. Seemed concerned when i missed a couple of lessons. He listens to all the stupid **** I come out with when it's really not that interesting. It was tipping it down the other day and he knew I had to walk home in it, but he was getting a lift, so he gave me his hoodie to borrow till next week even though I didn't ask for it. And then walked me to the station even though he was just wearing a shirt (though maybe he just wanted to waste time in the gap before his lesson). He hangs around at the end of lessons to wait for me even if the teacher's talking to me for ages, but doesn't do this with his male friends.

On the other hand, a lot of his friends are girls and he's a bit touchy-feely with this other girl we're both friends with. :/

But big but is that he has a girlfriend of over a year. But - and I eel like a complete ***** for saying this - she is quite a large girl, and being brutally honest is not very pretty. He hasn't talked about her, but he knows I know through fb, but he obviously likes her if they're going out. And yes I do realise that she probably just has a really nice personality.

you should be concentrating on getting good grades not whether or not some guy likes you..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wookymon)
    I agree, I think this one's a keeper

ReputationRep:
    Boys are ambiguous creatures. It does sound like he is making a big effort with you, but at the same time, if he's like this with his other female friends AND he has a girlfriend then he may just be being nice. If I was you, I would just bide my time before I did anything massive.
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nelg-o-pad)
    It's hard to say.

Can't you just ask him somehow?

He might just be being nice.
    Is that breaking benjamin in your avatar?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by int_applicant)
    you should be concentrating on getting good grades not whether or not some guy likes you..
    This :yep:

Ask him on fb chat 'do you like me more than a friend' see what he says. If he doesn't reply just say 'sorry wrong chat'

ReputationRep:

if he has a girlfriend and he's doing all this for you, it could possibly be that he does like you maybe more than friend but don't get your hopes up or fall for him:/ because you might be disappointed.
    but maybe try to keep your distance and if he does like you, eventually in time he might break up with his girlfriend.

seriously, don't keep your hopes up because guys these days like more than one girl and you don't want that...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psycho0101)
    No.
    LOL!
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    He probably does have feelings for you, it sounds like it, but is struggling to decide what to do. Does he leave his gf? If so, then people could think he cheated on her with you? If he doesn't, then does it affect your relationship with him? This could be his dilemna. I think that, if you are serious, after some considerable thought about how you feel, if you like him, you should let him know. The ball is then in his court when deciding what should happen. Don't wait forever though! Good luck in whatever you decide to do.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 3, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.