Turn on thread page Beta

    (Original post by Kev_A_63)
    Hi guys - Stumbled upon another problem now, lol.

    I'm lookin at a courses in primary education now. After working in American with Children of the similar age i feel it's a suitable course that i'll be interestd in.

    However, i'm currently looking at 'Primary Education with QTS (X120)' which some unis are offering on the modular basis, or non-modular basis. And some seem to be 3 or 4 years.

    Why are some universities offering the same course code for 4 years whilst some are saying its a 3 year course? Same goes for modular and non-modular; what's best and what exactly does it mean?

    I've currently narrowed down 2 universities, bangor and bishop grosseteste, but am looking at more options.

    thanks again,
    Hope this helps
    Most Primary Education courses are 3 year courses, with school placements throughout the three years. Some universities offer four year courses, where you can specialize in one or two subjects. It is not known if this improves your chances of finding a job as a teacher.
The home of Results and Clearing


people online now


students helped last year

University open days

  1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.