STUDY FINE ART ANYWHERE
    33.33%
    APPLY FOR FINE ART AND A GRAPHIC DESIGN TO KEEP MY OPTIONS WIDE
    0%
    BIOCHEMISTRY
    66.67%

ReputationRep:
    So i am in a bit of situation

i applying for 2011 but i have my alevel grades ABE in art chemistry and biology so i am retaking my biology exam if i get a B or a C ill have ABC/ABB I am also doing an art foundation during this year to keep my option wide but it made me realise that i love art and i would like to study fine art at university.

do you think i should forget about studying biochemistry since i am not academic enough for a start is there any point in me retaking my biology exam if i am applying for fine art.

I do love art but i never believed in myself despite my teachers and others telling me that i am 'the real deal' i still dont believe it some how my dream isnt to be a great artists i just wana work in the creative industry in advertising/design i just want to be creative and work for different people but i'd love to do shows in gallerys if i get the opportunaity as i love painting hence why i want to do fine art rather than graphic design but one thing i dont want to do is become a teacher

what do you think i should do

retake biology PLUS

1) study fine art at a top art college only

2) study fine art at any university

3)forget art and study biochem

and finally do you think ill have more job opportunaties if i study fine art alone or fine art and history of art.

ReputationRep:
    How about studying fine art at a university that lets you do a second subject in your first year? Then if you fancy changing over to the other subject at the end of the year, you can do so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FormerlyFrisbeeFan)
    How about studying fine art at a university that lets you do a second subject in your first year? Then if you fancy changing over to the other subject at the end of the year, you can do so.
    I don't know if thats possible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by STUDENTXXX)
    I don't know if thats possible
    At Lancaster everybody studied 3 subjects in first year, except joint honours students, and if you decided after the first year that you were better at one of the subjects you hadn't originally applied for, then you could swap (providing the tutors agreed, of course). It had an excellent art department when I was there, though I'm not sure if it still does.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by STUDENTXXX)
    So i am in a bit of situation

i applying for 2011 but i have my alevel grades ABE in art chemistry and biology so i am retaking my biology exam if i get a B or a C ill have ABC/ABB I am also doing an art foundation during this year to keep my option wide but it made me realise that i love art and i would like to study fine art at university.

do you think i should forget about studying biochemistry since i am not academic enough for a start is there any point in me retaking my biology exam if i am applying for fine art.

I do love art but i never believed in myself despite my teachers and others telling me that i am 'the real deal' i still dont believe it some how my dream isnt to be a great artists i just wana work in the creative industry in advertising/design i just want to be creative and work for different people but i'd love to do shows in gallerys if i get the opportunaity as i love painting hence why i want to do fine art rather than graphic design but one thing i dont want to do is become a teacher

what do you think i should do

retake biology PLUS

1) study fine art at a top art college only

2) study fine art at any university

3)forget art and study biochem

and finally do you think ill have more job opportunaties if i study fine art alone or fine art and history of art.
    http://www.lancs.ac.uk/admissions/un...1/fine_art.pdf and http://www.lancs.ac.uk/admissions/un...hem-biomed.pdf suggest that the first year in both is a 'double' course with the option to choose a 'single' course from outside the faculty to make up the three first year units, so unfortunately FormerlyFrisbeeFan's suggestion doesn't work any more - though it certainly did until quite recently.

My advice to you would be to follow your interests and abilities - you will get better results that way, which will open more employment doors by definition.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.