Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How can girls who have had bf's be insecure with their looks? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Ugly girls can get boyfriends too... :ninja:

I know some gorgeous girls who's never had boyfriends and some *cough* not so aesthetically pleasing girls who've had loads.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    how can you keep up appearances you look like what you look like you cant change your face.
    Your right, and unfortunately it's a sad fact of life that some women are just destined to be cheated on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    how can you keep up appearances you look like what you look like you cant change your face.
    Of course you bloody can. If anything, society permits you to alter, embellish, accentuate and otherwise re-emphasise your facial features in a way that no man would feel comfortable doing.

ReputationRep:
    Well when you've been in several relationships and the other half has chosen another girl over you then tell me you don't fall into that category and that you still don't understand

When you find out your other half has been cheating on you majority of the time then it doesn't really give anyone a confidence boost.

If you've never had you've never lost.

ReputationRep:
    Looks initially attract but lacking confidence is a big turn off for the guys I have known who have talked about what they want in a girlfriend.

It is sad that so many girls are insecure about their looks. All that airbrushing in mags has a lot to answer for.

ReputationRep:
    It's about how you view yourself as opposed to how others view you.
    I personally don't tend to believe compliments but accept insults as gospel.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Antonia87)
    Have you not seen the women on Jeremy Kyle? They're repulsive. They all have boyfriends/husbands who are just as repulsive.

Ugly people can get partners.

Plus, I can be insecure despite having a boyfriend, because in my opinion, his exes are far, far better looking than me.
    :lol: at the first part of your post.

But yes, of course it's possible to be insecure despite having a boyfriend. I worry that my boyfriend will find other, hotter women more attractive than me - I trust him completely, but that doesn't mean to say I don't get anxious that he will stop finding me attractive.

(Original post by jenny.chu)
    Well when you've been in several relationships and the other half has chosen another girl over you then tell me you don't fall into that category and that you still don't understand

When you find out your other half has been cheating on you majority of the time then it doesn't really give anyone a confidence boost.

If you've never had you've never lost.
    Ive been rated the least attractive in the year for a facial attractiveness activity, got mainly 4's out of 10 but im still not all that insecure even though ive never been offered a date by a guy! Yet most girls are getting compliments and male interest and still complain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danz123)
    When guys are insecure about looks, they're just told to 'man up' or 'grow some balls.' So I feel more sorry for guys in that position because of these ****** up societal norms.

In answer to your question, I have no idea. Maybe because life knocks you down sometimes, people can be nasty, they may get their confidence knocked now and then. It's stupid to think that their boyfriend is making them feel ugly, because obviously they shouldn't get with a guy like that in the first place. Also it's not always a guy's fault if the girl gets insecure, likewise it's not always a girls fault if a guy gets insecure.
    You speak the truth.:yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tuppenny)
    :lol: at the first part of your post.

But yes, of course it's possible to be insecure despite having a boyfriend. I worry that my boyfriend will find other, hotter women more attractive than me - I trust him completely, but that doesn't mean to say I don't get anxious that he will stop finding me attractive.
    Stupid thing to do.

If he is in a room with Megan Fox, Kim Kardashian, Angelina Jolie, Penelope Cruz and Cheryl Cole all begging him to have sex with them with the possibility of you finding out basically nil, I'm sure that he will tell all the girls to **** off and go running to you.

OP: It's because even the ugliest girls have boyfriends. In fact, ugly girls often have many more boyfriends because they have low standards.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Psycho0101)
    Stupid thing to do.

If he is in a room with Megan Fox, Kim Kardashian, Angelina Jolie, Penelope Cruz and Cheryl Cole all begging him to have sex with them with the possibility of you finding out basically nil, I'm sure that he will tell all the girls to **** off and go running to you.
    Yeah, he would. None of those girls are his type, they are more my type. If you'd mentioned Kirsten Dunst you would have been closer to the mark, but it's hardly like to happen, is it?

ReputationRep:
    Cos they dump you..

ReputationRep:
    Well I like to think my relationship is not based on looks alone.

ReputationRep:

I would do so, actually. I love her, and our relationship is not worth sacrificing. End of.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tuppenny)
    Yeah, he would. None of those girls are his type, they are more my type. If you'd mentioned Kirsten Dunst you would have been closer to the mark, but it's hardly like to happen, is it?
    Now I know that you're really delusional. You actually think that your bf would turn down sex with all those girls because they aren't his 'type'. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Maybe their boyfriend wasn't nice to them and didn't make them feel attractive.

But anyway, it doesn't work like that. Look at x-factor... the terrible people always have their family and friends around saying how amazing they are.

It SHOULD be re-assurance in the case I suppose, but it just doesn't work like that.

ReputationRep:
    ...because guys will go out with anything.

ReputationRep:
    A lot of girls are insecure, and always will be. No amount of evidence to the contrary can possibly alter their opinions of themselves.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Now I know that you're really delusional. You actually think that your bf would turn down sex with all those girls because they aren't his 'type'. :rolleyes:
    Ok then, you're right. If my boyfriend is ever invited to a sex party with all those women I will be concerned. Until that point, I'll carry on trusting him.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by kpwxx)

But anyway, it doesn't work like that. Look at x-factor... the terrible people always have their family and friends around saying how amazing they are.
    That always bugs me, surely one of their friends or family should man up and say 'dude... you really can't sing'

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 3, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.