Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i'm ordering a dress online. i'm a size 8-10, but they only have 6-8 or 10-12. grrrrr. any suggestions?

n.b. the dress is figure-fitting stretch fabric - don't know if this makes any difference

ReputationRep:
    I'd say 10-12 would be the best bet! A size 6-8 will be waaaay too tight if you're actually an 8 to 10. And if the 10 to 12 is a tiny bit too big you can get it taken in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahthegemini)
    I'd say 10-12 would be the best bet! A size 6-8 will be waaaay too tight if you're actually an 8 to 10. And if the 10 to 12 is a tiny bit too big you can get it taken in.
    thanks for the advice, just edited my op with a bit more info, and wondered what you think

ReputationRep:
    Yep, I'd go 10-12 too Do you have a pic of the dress?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by j_a_z_z)
    thanks for the advice, just edited my op with a bit more info, and wondered what you think
    Ok I think because it's figure fitting, although it's stretch fabric it will still be too tight. In any case, it means the 10 to 12 will probably fit better because obviously if it's stretchy then it has elastine mixed with the fabric (don't know how else to describe it!) therefore it will kind of 'ping' into shape! Thus fitting you more snuggly than a non stretchy fabric dress in a larger size would.

ReputationRep:
    link to dress

ReputationRep:
    okay here's a link: http://shop.hm.com/gb/campaign?campa...page=LADIES_2#

ReputationRep:
    How are all these people agreeing on 10-12 without seeing what your figure or dress is like? :lolwut: It's impossible.
    If you have a large bust or bottom then a 10-12 would work better, but if you don't and the dress is strapless then a 6-8 most certainly would work better.

ReputationRep:
    If you really want that dress you could buy the larger size and get it taken in, but that would probably cost more than the dress itself, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Claire_Fox)
    Yep, I'd go 10-12 too Do you have a pic of the dress?
    (Original post by barrze)
    link to dress
    yep, see above

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.