Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Yes and no.

Yes in that they know they are likely to die doing what they do, no in that they're taught dieing is nothing to be afraid of and in that their tactics are horrific and distinctly nasty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Mike*)
    To us, no. To them, yes.
    /thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guy Secretan)
    They fight against a professional trained army f far superior numbers. They are mostly armed with ak47s and grenades roadside bombs. The Americans and Brits have machine guns motars not to mention air support which provides big tactical advantages and fire power. So my question is; do you think they are courageous?
    There's no such thing as the 'Taliban'......

ReputationRep:
    Nobbers, that's what they are.

ReputationRep:
    Well they are certainly nasty in how they kill women and children, but that doesn'tean they are not brave. How many people can say they would have the courage to fight against the Americans if they came here with just an ak47 and some sandals on your feet. They obviously believe in what they are fighting for. It annoys me when people just dismiss them as being '*******s' etc as they obv come from a different culture and idealogy a doctrine which sees us as the evil military occupiers. If they didn't fervently believe in their cause we would have defeated them by now. It shows something about our military machine that we are so perplexed in trying to defeat such an I'll equipped and smaller force.

ReputationRep:
    Brainwashed, more like.

ReputationRep:
    No matter how much you disagree with them, they have a lot of balls to go against the US and Britain. Then again they're not scared of dying since they think they will go to heaven.

ReputationRep:
    Courageous? Aren't they the ones that persecute women for going to school? Who kill everyone who doesn't accept their insane version of islam?

They are scum, and anyone that supports their actions is either deluded or absolute scum.

ReputationRep:
    I guess you can say they've got guts to fight such hugely powerful armies but that doesn't make them any better. I find them very cowardly with their use of IEDs and the like. The reason they've survived so long is because of how well they fit in civilians. Basically they're scum and deserve no praise or support from anyone.

ReputationRep:
    There are barely any Taliban left to fight... The military folks over there get bored and this is what they do to pass their time: http://edition.cnn.com/video/data/2....istan.cnn.html

The odd bombers or suspicious individuals nowadays are the normal village people who have nothing in their lives to look forward to and wanna give their lives a purpose by blowing up the "foreign army".

ReputationRep:
    Most of their combat techniques are cowardly, eg roadside bombs and IEDs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheLeader)
    x
    1 - Why is that picture relevant? This discussion is about the Taliban.

2 - Two wrongs do not make a right.

3 - The torture in Abu Ghraib isn't condoned by the US. The execution of, among others, women and gays in Afghanistan under the Taliban, however, was official practice.

ReputationRep:
    They know if they come and fully confront coalition forces then they will be destroyed.
    That is why they hide amongst the crowd and use IEDs.
    They can kill civilians if it means just getting one ISAF personnel.
    We can't.
    It is the only way they can secure victory, as we are already fed up and want to leave.

ReputationRep:
    Of course they're bloody courageous. Unfortunately this quality is not often used for the right reason(e.g. blowing up innocent people).

ReputationRep:
    Well let's put it this way, I'd like it if they were on OUR side!

ReputationRep:
    Your quite right, they are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Logi)
    I've always wondered about the 72 virgins thing. A beardy terrorist with a hook for a hand doesn't seem like a great reward for the 72 girls who followed the qurans strict teachings and stayed virgins all their lives. Not only that but I'm pretty sure a **** load of terrorists are being killed so aren't they going to run out of virgins at some point? What happens then?
    these '72 virgins' are not of the human kind, like myself or any other female on this earth.

And even then, if an old bearded man went to heaven, he would not enter as himself, but young and beautiful and handsome, like all other people who enter heaven.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know what Taliban means? it means "2 students" in arabic lol

ReputationRep:
    yeahhh because killing civillians who are queuing to vote is really courageous...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJlover)
    these '72 virgins' are not of the human kind, like myself or any other female on this earth.

And even then, if an old bearded man went to heaven, he would not enter as himself, but young and beautiful and handsome, like all other people who enter heaven.
    What does a female terrorist get?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.