Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hanz_a93)
    Anyone know what Taliban means? it means "2 students" in arabic lol
    Wouldn't two students be conjugated as Talibayn? I know Taliban means just "The Students" but I also remember hearing that two in arabic usually ends in ayn-/ain.

Dunno about Sharameeeeeeeeeet.

:p:

ReputationRep:
    let me remind you the us etc invaded their country all the taliban did was stupidly refuse to give osama bin laden to the americans and instead insisted he was to be handed over to a neutral country

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but I don't like using the word 'courageous' as it has positive connotations

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hanz_a93)
    Anyone know what Taliban means? it means "2 students" in arabic lol
    Is this a typo or does it really mean 'Two Students'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jacktri)
    let me remind you the us etc invaded their country all the taliban did was stupidly refuse to give osama bin laden to the americans and instead insisted he was to be handed over to a neutral country
    It's not "their" country. It's the afghan people's country.

And the taliban are do NOT represent ordinary afghans, they are their scourge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bonged.)

seriously what government accurately represents ordinary citizens?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, and also very stupid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jacktri)
    seriously what government accurately represents ordinary citizens?
    None. But it's not their country.

Half of the afghan populace are women remember, it's their country.

ReputationRep:
    What does a female terrorist get?
    Someone who terrorises innocent people, is an oppressor, someone who fights against oppression, is a martyr and deserves the highest heaven.

ReputationRep:
    More brainwashed then courageous

ReputationRep:

all these women do is listen to their husbands it is their culture

ReputationRep:

As for your accusation that the Taliban is anti female education, my afghan female friend, who would seem to most people as 'western' and in no way 'fundementalist/extremist' told me that they do not oppose female education but advocate single sex schools.

ReputationRep:

The Taliban are Afghans, so by that logic it is equally the Taliban's country

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJlover)
    Someone who terrorises innocent people, is an oppressor, someone who fights against oppression, is a martyr and deserves the highest heaven.
    Would you consider taliban oppressors?

What does a female muslim (i think you have to be muslim to get to heaven right?) martyr get?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iron Mike)
    The Taliban are Afghans, so by that logic it is equally the Taliban's country
    The taliban are composed of pashtuns. They massacre other ethnic groups in afghanistan based on their ethnicity.

ReputationRep:
    they're a bunch of idiots, and anyone who supports them must gtfo and join them.

ReputationRep:
    As for your accusation that the Taliban is anti female education, my afghan female friend, who would seem to most people as 'western' and in no way 'fundementalist/extremist' told me that they do not oppose female education but advocate single sex schools.
    Watch this:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...2772364661561#

Truly sickening. The taliban are vile, racist, mysogynistic, homophobic monsters.

ReputationRep:
    these '72 virgins' are not of the human kind, like myself or any other female on this earth.

And even then, if an old bearded man went to heaven, he would not enter as himself, but young and beautiful and handsome, like all other people who enter heaven.
    Not of the human kind? What the heck does that even mean?! Are you refering to other species? And if so is it a specific animal they receive or is it all down to Hooky's preference at the bestiality buffet? :woo:

I've never heard that take on things before. Is it "official" or just your suggestion? If it's "official" could you provide some quotes?

ReputationRep:
    The taliban are composed of pashtuns. They massacre other ethnic groups in afghanistan based on their ethnicity.
    I don't contest the Taliban are barbaric and I am against them, however they are still Afghans. That is fact that you cannot contest. So by your logic it is their country just as much as the rest of the Afghan populace

ReputationRep:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taliban_treatment_of_women

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.