Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

This is going to sound really stupid but i cant figure out my oyster card. I ordered a student one online and I have it but now what? Is it cheaper to get a travelcard or to pay as you go (if for example, I expect to use the tube twice a day). Also do i get the travelcard online or do i have to go to a station or something? How does it work??!

try this

No freaking way is it cheaper to get a travelcard, its like £7, student is about half the price if I remember right. Heres what you do with your card. Go to any underground station and there should be a pay machine/ticket machine. Touch your oyster to the sign with the card and itll come up on the screen, then choose pay as you go and get some money on it, £20 should last you a couple of days. Touch again and itll be topped up with money. After that all you need to do is touch the sign with the card and itll let you through!!
    Good luck!
What's the best type of cheese?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.