Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pamelaa)
    Oh shut up. I honestly couldn't care less about money like that and I wouldn't expect it either. Stop jumping to conclusions.
    When I got money off my grandad who I didn't like for reasons like he hit my mum and my gran (just thought id let you know since you think im a spiteful *****) i refused the money.

Seriously, wtf is your problem have you not got anything better to do than keep posting in my thread? I've been out all day and last night and that's why I haven't replied. I am paying for some of it as part of their anniversary present, so go do one.
    To be fair you did ask for people's thoughts and I thought I'd give my two cents.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ?!master?!mini?!)
    You're ****** in the head. Why post on tsr in the first place, if you don't care what a group of internet folks have to say. I thinks its you that has to get a life. (awaiting neg rep)
    :laugh: aye alright, where'd you get your medic degree from the university of upmyownarse or was it the university of idontknowpeoplebutilljudgetheman yway?

Have some respect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babygirl110)
    To be fair you did ask for people's thoughts and I thought I'd give my two cents.
    you gave more than your two cents, you insulted me for no reason.

:laugh: aye alright, where'd you get your medic degree from the university of upmyownarse or was it the university of idontknowpeoplebutilljudgetheman yway?

Have some respect.
    With respect you have just moaned about being insulted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matthew_Lowson)
    With respect you have just moaned about being insulted
    Who are you?

ReputationRep:
    Your gran probably took whichever of your parents is her child on holiday a lot when they were younger and paid for it all. Perhaps she thinks it's their turn to look after her after the amount she paid to bring them up?

ReputationRep:
    Uhh, you parents offered to take her on holiday. She didn't ask or anything. If your parents had invited her then it would of suggested payment. Your sound like a complete ***** who needs to take her head out of her arse and grow up IMO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Celtic_Anthony)
    Me included?

'Cos I think you're getting a raw deal, but it's better than getting on the wrong side of yer folks.
    Nah, obviously I have a different outlook than other people do.

I'd never expect someone to pay that amount for me if I was financially capable to.

I'm not spoiled either, I've had a pretty crap run of things compared to other people but I don't complain about it.

I hate being insulted, and I'll always stand up for myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrCharmed)
    Uhh, you parents offered to take her on holiday. She didn't ask or anything. If your parents had invited her then it would of suggested payment. Your sound like a complete ***** who needs to take her head out of her arse and grow up IMO.
    x2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizlaz350)
    Your gran probably took whichever of your parents is her child on holiday a lot when they were younger and paid for it all. Perhaps she thinks it's their turn to look after her after the amount she paid to bring them up?
    If you're going to contribute to this discussion, I'd prefer if you read the whole thread. My dad didn't go on holiday with her much apart from Blackpool or something. Whatever.

a clue is in the name. All I said was that you're moaning about being insulted but shout, swear and insult others back.

I've tried to see your POV - truly I have and I've said that if your grandma has asked to go then you are being more than reasonable to ask that she pays her share. But from what it appears is that she has been invited which suggests your parents are comfortable with paying for her share - if they arent then why dont they approach her about it?

ReputationRep:
    Who are you?
    :eek: why are you still posting? I thought you didn't care about what anyone of us said? :congrats: *****

ReputationRep:
    Lol, for someone who wasn't posting anymore you've suddenly become rather chatty.

ReputationRep:
    If you're going to contribute to this discussion, I'd prefer if you read the whole thread. My dad didn't go on holiday with her much apart from Blackpool or something. Whatever.
    Sorry! It's 9 pages...
    All the same, she may not have taken him on holiday much, but think of everything else she did for him. She brought him up.
    And she can't have done a bad job if your dad cares enough to invite her on holiday and wants to spend time with her.

It's for Christmas! Perhaps you should show some Christmas spirit.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, obviously I have a different outlook than other people do.

I'd never expect someone to pay that amount for me if I was financially capable to.

I'm not spoiled either, I've had a pretty crap run of things compared to other people but I don't complain about it.

I hate being insulted, and I'll always stand up for myself.
    the keyword here is I. just because you wouldn't doesn't mean everybody else wouldn't. Also, I think it's pretty legit for your gran to expect it out of your parents, as I would expect my gran to expect it out of my parents or even myself, especially since your parents offering to take her along implies that they can afford her along.

Face it, you don't want her along, and you're trying to get everybody on here to agree that your gran shouldn't be leeching off your parents' money nor yours, since you're lending it, and you just want to be off with your parents and leave her behind. it's your parents that feel bad about leaving her alone on Christmas, not you. I also think that you are being particularly sore about this because some of the money for this trip is coming from you.

And that reflects poorly on you by a large margin, which then reflects poorly on your parents for bringing up such a child to detest having grandparents come along on holidays without paying their share, even when I believe (and most people do) that they're entitled to that - especially because they were offered.

ReputationRep:
    :eek: why are you still posting? I thought you didn't care about what anyone of us said? :congrats: *****
    you continued the conversation and insulted me, how could you not expect me to reply?
    why do you care so much about me and my family that you feel the need to keep posting?
    im not a *****, im actually quite a nice girl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strawberry)
    the keyword here is I. just because you wouldn't doesn't mean everybody else wouldn't. Also, I think it's pretty legit for your gran to expect it out of your parents, as I would expect my gran to expect it out of my parents or even myself.

Face it, you don't want her along, and you're trying to get everybody on here to agree that your gran shouldn't be leeching off your parents' money nor yours, since you're lending it, and you just want to be off with your parents and leave her behind. it's your parents that feel bad about leaving her alone on Christmas, not you.
    I've already said that I don't particuarly get on well with the woman, i don't wish her harm or anything but I don't enjoy her company. And yes I've already said that I didn't want her to come if it had been any other time of the year.

gods sake.

ReputationRep:
    you continued the conversation and insulted me, how could you not expect me to reply?
    why do you care so much about me and my family that you feel the need to keep posting?
    If you didn't want people to comment about your family, why did you make a board about them?

ReputationRep:
    Why do you care so much about what we say?

I can't comment on the second part.

ReputationRep:
    Why do you care so much about what we say?

I can't comment on the second part.
    At the end of the day it's my thread. If you're not going to contribute to it and insult me, I'd prefer you didn't post. Don't you have something else better to do mate than insult a girl you don't know?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 3, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.