Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by Disenchanted)
    Tbh I don't think she'll ever be able to change the way she is, she might be able to reduce the amount she shows her jealousy/insecurity but she'll still be feeling it inside. Is it beyond a point where you can put up with her? How long distance is your relationship, can you not try and go to hers/her come to you every weekend? That way she'll be able to see that they're just friends of yours and nothings going on behind her back, if she can see for herself. Another thing, for every day you are apart, let her know how much you love her, be it via a text message/soppy note on her facebook wall/love letter in the post etc. This should make her feel more secure.
    I'm nearing the end of my tether.. I go to uni of kent whilst she goes to a london uni, and i commute from central london. We have hectic timetable and workloads and I work on weekends all day and weekday evenings, so there's not much chance of seeing each other. I go out of my way to prove to her that I'm faithful such as using all my work holidays to see her, taking her out on romantic dates etc etc. I constantly tell her i love her, that shes beautiful, that i want to be with her til my hair falls out etc etc. It's not enough.

ReputationRep:
    You can't change her, she can only do this herself. She needs to work on her issues alone, figure out why she feels this way...etc. You have to tell her that she needs to sort herself out, maybe take a break... Believe me, I used to be like this because my first ex had cheated on me. My most recent ex used to tell me he loved me every night, but I still used to get jealous. In the end it pushed him away. There is nothing you can do, you can try and try and try...but you will get fed up..it seems you already have.

ReputationRep:
    reassure her... explain to her that she has been feeling like this for two years and you've always been faithfull to her... that she's the only girl for u etc... and most importanly which u should say to her at the end of the reassurance that this jelousy has to stop.

if she carries on then you need to think about the future of your relationship... its not going anywhere if your getting annoyed by her... also if u do decide to let her go... make sure you tell her the reason why and not because you've met someone else... it could damage her for a long time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    My girlfriend and I have been dating nigh on two years now. We're pretty serious about each other. We don't see each other that often ever since we started going out which probably plays a part in all this... She's always been an insecure girl, and whenever i even mentioned another girl to her she'd fill with jealousy. That was the beginning of our relationship, now however she's more accepting of things... Now that we've both started uni, I'm naturally meeting new friends, and naturally some of them are girls. Whenever i mention any of them to hear, she blows up with jealousy and fear that I'll leave her for one of them and gets depressed, which pees me off quite a bit...
    We had an argument about this, and haven't spoken since. I tried texting her for the past few days but with no reply.

What should I do? Is it a trust issue that she has with me? I really don't know what to do or feel.

it is most likely a trust issue or maybe she's had experiences in the past with people which led her to feel insecure.. i think you should for the time being give her space and time to soak it up that you are human and you are going to meet new people (girls) in your life. but she has to learn to trust you, two years in a very long time and if by now she has not much trust in you ...that is an issue right?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 3, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.