Turn on thread page Beta

What do you think of this Iranian woman speaking about Islam on TV? *subtitles* watch

ReputationRep:
    i really thought this was going to be a pro-islamic video, so I was pleasently surprised.

Though admittedly she is a nutcase. Burning muslims alive? :lolwut:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    She's kinda passionate. At least give her that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Koobideh)

She is Pari Safari, some presenter on some Iranian TV channels, what do you think of her views on Islam? I find her interesting to watch, there are many videos of her on YouTube, but this is the only one with English subtitles for you to understand what she is saying.

Actually, this could prove useful...

ReputationRep:
    The Youtube channel guy calls himself Persianathiesm but claims he's Arab.

Anyways, she's just angry that the Muslims who were in the Persians eyes (if she is Persian, as they're the minority) just a bunch of dessert camels were able to kick their asses at al-Qaadisiyah and other places.

As for the Persian gulf, I don't care what they call it but if I had to choose I would say Arabian as its inhabited by Arabs on both sides, (Arabs in the Ahwaz region in Iran).

ReputationRep:
    As for the Iranians stop claiming that most Iranians don't care about religion just because you and your friends don't doesn't mean that the entire country follows your opinion..it's like me saying that all Somalis hate the studentroom just because I know some that do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SomaliMan)
    The Youtube channel guy calls himself Persianathiesm but claims he's Arab.

Anyways, she's just angry that the Muslims who were in the Persians eyes (if she is Persian, as they're the minority) just a bunch of dessert camels were able to kick their asses at al-Qaadisiyah and other places.

As for the Persian gulf, I don't care what they call it but if I had to choose I would say Arabian as its inhabited by Arabs on both sides, (Arabs in the Ahwaz region in Iran).
    She just doesn't like Islam because it is a backwards religion and there has been a recent trend among Iranians in the past few decades to try and stay away from Islam, especially since the mullahs took over in 1979.

Persians kicked the Arabs asses more times than Arabs kicking Persians asses.

Arabs like to try and claim the Persian Gulf as theirs because they have no history or culture, so it is typical of them to steal. I am speaking of Gulf Arabs here though, not Arabs from other parts of the Middle East. It was always called Persian Gulf, and everyone acknowledges that except those Gulf Arabs! Btw the Arabs in the Ahwaz region are immigrants, the gulf was called the Persian Gulf before Arabs immigrated to those southern coasts of Iran. And even those Iranian Arabs prefer Persian Gulf to Arabian Gulf.

ReputationRep:
    As for the Iranians stop claiming that most Iranians don't care about religion just because you and your friends don't doesn't mean that the entire country follows your opinion..it's like me saying that all Somalis hate the studentroom just because I know some that do.
    It is half and half. Half of Iranians follow Islam. The other prefer not to be Muslims, but thank goodness more and more Iranians are leaving Islam.

ReputationRep:
    She just doesn't like Islam because it is a backwards religion and there has been a recent trend among Iranians in the past few decades to try and stay away from Islam, especially since the mullahs took over in 1979.

Persians kicked the Arabs asses more times than Arabs kicking Persians asses.

Arabs like to try and claim the Persian Gulf as theirs because they have no history or culture, so it is typical of them to steal. I am speaking of Gulf Arabs here though, not Arabs from other parts of the Middle East. It was always called Persian Gulf, and everyone acknowledges that except those Gulf Arabs! Btw the Arabs in the Ahwaz region are immigrants, the gulf was called the Persian Gulf before Arabs immigrated to those southern coasts of Iran. And even those Iranian Arabs prefer Persian Gulf to Arabian Gulf.
    Azeri Turks who form the majority in Iran (I believe) are immigrants aswell, from the Turkic countries. You might have defeaten the Arabs more, but who won at the end? There are many many people here that think our religion is backwards that doesn't mean that they want to burn us, I can see you're Persian, claiming that Gulf Arabs have no culture is disgusting, as you can see they are one of the fews that have become very rich (UAE, Kuwait etc.) and have still held on to their culture (clothes, poetry etc.) unlike Persians who become westernized as soon as they can (don't lie, I know many Persians and I know your history and culture).

ReputationRep:
    Azeri Turks who form the majority in Iran (I believe) are immigrants aswell, from the Turkic countries. You might have defeaten the Arabs more, but who won at the end? There are many many people here that think our religion is backwards that doesn't mean that they want to burn us, I can see you're Persian, claiming that Gulf Arabs have no culture is disgusting, as you can see they are one of the fews that have become very rich (UAE, Kuwait etc.) and have still held on to their culture (clothes, poetry etc.) unlike Persians who become westernized as soon as they can (don't lie, I know many Persians and I know your history and culture).
    Azeris are not immigrants, and they make up about 20% of Iran, not the majority. Azerbaijan which is a region of Iran (only a small bit is its own independent country) was linguistically Turkified when Turks invaded Iran, but they are not actually related to those Turks. Language plays a big role in your identity. That is why Lebanese, Egyptians and Iraqis call themselves Arabs too, but they are not immigrants, they are native there. People in Turkey are also not immigrants, they were Turkified when Turks invaded Anatolia. Genetic studies show Azeris are not different to other Iranians, and culturally they are the same anyway.

When I said Persians defeated Arabs more, I am not strictly speaking about the war when they defeated the Sassanid Empire and brought Islam into Iran. Even while Iran was a Muslim country the Iranians used to always beat the Arabs in any war.

Persians are not any more westernized than Somalians, Chinese, Japanese or any other nationality. Why do you say Iranians are westernized? The Gulf Arabs just stick to their old traditions from centuries ago. When I say they have no culture, I am saying their culture is very primitive, which it is. And anyway, I do not see much Arab culture in Dubai, Kuwait or most of these Gulf Arab countries.

ReputationRep:
    kinda like a **** bond villain, scary though.

ReputationRep:
    Azeris are not immigrants, and they make up about 20% of Iran, not the majority. Azerbaijan which is a region of Iran (only a small bit is its own independent country) was linguistically Turkified when Turks invaded Iran, but they are not actually related to those Turks. Language plays a big role in your identity. That is why Lebanese, Egyptians and Iraqis call themselves Arabs too, but they are not immigrants, they are native there. People in Turkey are also not immigrants, they were Turkified when Turks invaded Anatolia. Genetic studies show Azeris are not different to other Iranians, and culturally they are the same anyway.

When I said Persians defeated Arabs more, I am not strictly speaking about the war when they defeated the Sassanid Empire and brought Islam into Iran. Even while Iran was a Muslim country the Iranians used to always beat the Arabs in any war.

Persians are not any more westernized than Somalians, Chinese, Japanese or any other nationality. Why do you say Iranians are westernized? The Gulf Arabs just stick to their old traditions from centuries ago. When I say they have no culture, I am saying their culture is very primitive, which it is. And anyway, I do not see much Arab culture in Dubai, Kuwait or most of these Gulf Arab countries.
    I lived in Kuwait, and I did and Dubai is mostly foreign anyways, go to 'Ajman and you will see that there is a big culture difference and Persians are more westernized than Somalians and other races, I've got Persian friends and even used to watch Persian television channels for a while. Also, the Arabs came there after the spread of Islam which was hundreds of years ago and you still treat them as if they're fresh from the boat. Honestly, this is the reasons the Arabs, Kurds and Baluchis want an own country.

ReputationRep:
    I lived in Kuwait, and I did and Dubai is mostly foreign anyways, go to 'Ajman and you will see that there is a big culture difference and Persians are more westernized than Somalians and other races, I've got Persian friends and even used to watch Persian television channels for a while. Also, the Arabs came there after the spread of Islam which was hundreds of years ago and you still treat them as if they're fresh from the boat. Honestly, this is the reasons the Arabs, Kurds and Baluchis want an own country.
    Ajman is small. All the major Gulf Arab cities and countries are majorly western, not much Arab about them. I think the only one that kept its culture is maybe Oman.

How do I treat them as if they are fresh off the boat? I just said they came to the southern coasts of Iran after the gulf was called the Persian Gulf so you saying it should be called Arabian Gulf instead just because the southern coasts bordering Persian Gulf have many Iranian Arabs living in it doesn't make sense.

And Arabs and Kurds don't want their own country lol, not the ones from Iran at least.

ReputationRep:
    Ajman is small. All the major Gulf Arab cities and countries are majorly western, not much Arab about them. I think the only one that kept its culture is maybe Oman.

How do I treat them as if they are fresh off the boat? I just said they came to the southern coasts of Iran after the gulf was called the Persian Gulf so you saying it should be called Arabian Gulf instead just because the southern coasts bordering Persian Gulf have many Iranian Arabs living in it doesn't make sense.

And Arabs and Kurds don't want their own country lol, not the ones from Iran at least.
    Uhm, first of all I could go on all day the gulf Arab countries are not as westernized as Persians, Kuwait, KSA, Bahrain, Qatar, UAE, Oman and Yemen the fact that they have their own clothes (that they actually wear outside) proves my point. I've never seen a Persian with his traditional clothes (if you have one). and the ARabs do want their own country, just type in Ahwaz on google and it will link you to enough Ahwazi websites Arabic and English, even one of my friends is an Ahwazi refugee.

ReputationRep:
    She only gets so much attention because shes a whore and says what America likes to hear

she does not represent the view of most muslim women

ReputationRep:
    sorry to butt into an interesting argument, but-she looks like supernanny!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James10000)
    She only gets so much attention because shes a whore and says what America likes to hear

obviously, lol. I can't imagine many Muslim women wanting to burn the Quran and referring to Muhammad and Ali as scoundrels.

ReputationRep:

lol you actually think she's Muslim? She's one of the non-Muslim Iranians who are pissed of that the country is now Islamic.

ReputationRep:
    lol you actually think she's Muslim? She's one of the non-Muslim Iranians who are pissed of that the country is now Islamic.
    She just has an agenda it her way of Staying famous she probably doest even believe whats shes saying

Its like Al-Gore playing the Climate Change card its his way to stay relevant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Koobideh)
    She is not speaking Arabic. Iranians do not speak Arabic.
    eh it's a shouty language i don't speak. same difference.

ReputationRep:
    Man I could barely follow that at all sine subtitles, my Fars has fallen far...and it was never even that good. :p:

I wish more Parsiya were Zoroastrians....and OP your name really, really, makes me hungry.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.