Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do you think of this Iranian woman speaking about Islam on TV? *subtitles* Watch

ReputationRep:
    Man I could barely follow that at all sine subtitles, my Fars has fallen far...and it was never even that good. :p:

I wish more Parsiya were Zoroastrians....and OP your name really, really, makes me hungry.

ReputationRep:
    i think she could be the EDL's new spokeswoman.

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut:. She's off her trolleys...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SomaliMan)
    Uhm, first of all I could go on all day the gulf Arab countries are not as westernized as Persians, Kuwait, KSA, Bahrain, Qatar, UAE, Oman and Yemen the fact that they have their own clothes (that they actually wear outside) proves my point. I've never seen a Persian with his traditional clothes (if you have one). and the ARabs do want their own country, just type in Ahwaz on google and it will link you to enough Ahwazi websites Arabic and English, even one of my friends is an Ahwazi refugee.
    What is the point you're trying to make? In Iran plenty of people wear traditional Iranian clothing. And what about the Gulf Arab countries is Arabic apart from the way the people dress? The actual cities are not Arab, there is nothing distinctive about them, and they have no history. If you want to talk about clothing then Pakis do not follow Paki culture either because the women all prefer to dress like Arabs.

And how many people do wear their traditional clothes outside? Iranians are just as "westernized" as any nationality. And we're not the one's who corrupt half our language with English words, Arabs do that though.

Arab separatist groups in Iran are small and don't have much support from the people. They proved it when Saddam Hussein invaded Iran because he wanted Khuzestan to be part of Iraq, but the Ahwazi Arabs sided with Iran and said they are Iranian.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Lyceum)
    Man I could barely follow that at all sine subtitles, my Fars has fallen far...and it was never even that good. :p:

I wish more Parsiya were Zoroastrians....and OP your name really, really, makes me hungry.
    Lol thx yea I ate koobideh too last night

ReputationRep:
    All I heard was tohffff, some achhhhh and then some phlegm.

EDIT: I may also have heard "titty".

ReputationRep:
    Haha she gives me jokes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    I agree with the gist of what she's saying, though perhaps I would be more prudent with my choice of words. Amongst the younger generation (i.e. 75% of the Iranian poplulace) her views wouldn't be that controversial, most young Iranians don't give a toss about religion.
    :lolwut: You agree with this NUTJOB!
    I don't think I can ever take you seriously again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iron Mike)
    You agree with this NUTJOB!
    I don't think I can ever take you seriously again
    I don't give a damn about whether or not you take me seriously, get a life off the internet and maybe you won't get so hung up about what people on forums say.

You're not taking me seriously? O NOEZ :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

Seriously, did you expect me, a secular civic nationalist to be sympathetic towards Islamism? Get a clue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    I don't give a damn about whether or not you take me seriously, get a life off the internet and maybe you won't get so hung up about what people on forums say.

You're not taking me seriously? O NOEZ :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

Seriously, did you expect me, a secular civic nationalist to be sympathetic towards Islamism? Get a clue.
    :rofl: Yes Islamism is evil, you just peacefully want Muslims to be burned alive.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think this is a massively shocking view for an Iranian to take (I'm not endorsing what she says - or the manner in which she delivers it). Plently of Iranians resent the incursion of Islam into Persia. What TV channel was this broadcast on? It doesn't look like the standard IRI fodder....I notice they have the none IRI Iranian flag in the background?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iron Mike)
    Yes Islamism is evil, you just peacefully want Muslims to be burned alive.
    And where did I say that? :rolleyes:

The translation of the video was rather misleading in places, and that's not surprising given that it was translated by supporters of the Islamic Republic (as proven at the beginning of the video). Qaddisyan does not mean Iranian Muslims ffs, it refers to the Arab invaders of the 7th century.

At no point did she say Muslims should be burnt alive, if you don't believe me, take a course in Persian and find out for yourself.

The woman was railing against Islamism, theocracy and attempts at Arabising Iranian culture (which the Islamic Regime has been trying to do for the past 31 years). I see nothing wrong with opposing those things.

ReputationRep:
    She's nuts :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirac Delta Function)
    obviously, lol. I can't imagine many Muslim women wanting to burn the Quran and referring to Muhammad and Ali as scoundrels.
    looool

ReputationRep:
    Disgusting discriminative woman. Perfect example of why religion hurts humanity.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.