The Student Room Group

Why didn't he ask me out????

As I waited for my train at the station I noticed a guy looking at me and I got embarassed and gave a half smile and turned away. Then 2 mins later when the train came even though I was literally at the back of the queue to get on and he was near the front he waited there at the door without getting on himself at the point where he should have done....and he let everyone else behind him get on the train until I finally got to the front of the queue ...and then he waved me onto the train before him when it was just the 2 of us left on the platform.

I looked up a bit shy and said 'thank you' which I tried to make slightly seductive :wink: and smiled and he just looked at me but didn't really smile or do anything, he just looked straight into my eyes (but without smiling).

..but I'm just trying to work out what happened there, especially in case i see him again - seemed kinda romantic?? (is it?)
Does it mean he liked me? If so why didn't he say anything when I was stood right there at the end? (to be fair once I said thank you I got on the train but I didn't really know what to do and I expected him to say something?) I'd have turned round and given him my number but I expected him to say something having done all that? Also do guys do this all the time or only to people they really really like?

roffersrule
As I waited for my train at the station I noticed a guy looking at me and I got embarassed and gave a half smile and turned away. Then 2 mins later when the train came even though I was literally at the back of the queue to get on and he was near the front he waited there at the door without getting on himself at the point where he should have done....and he let everyone else behind him get on the train until I finally got to the front of the queue ...and then he waved me onto the train before him when it was just the 2 of us left on the platform.

I looked up a bit shy and said 'thank you' which I tried to make slightly seductive :wink: and smiled and he just looked at me but didn't really smile or do anything, he just looked straight into my eyes (but without smiling).

..but I'm just trying to work out what happened there, especially in case i see him again - seemed kinda romantic?? (is it?)
Does it mean he liked me? If so why didn't he say anything when I was stood right there at the end? (to be fair once I said thank you I got on the train but I didn't really know what to do and I expected him to say something?) I'd have turned round and given him my number but I expected him to say something having done all that? Also do guys do this all the time or only to people they really really like?

To people they really really like? He saw you for what, 10 minutes? How could he 'really really like you' after that, without even saying one word to you? :facepalm:

Maybe he thought you were hot, but then as you got closer to the queue he realised you weren't? :lolwut:

OR he was too shy to talk to you. You should have spoken to him a bit. You can't blame him for being shy when you were just as shy.
(edited 13 years ago)
He was probably having a quick detailed analysis of your face :P I remember doing this to one my freinds freind,when i was introduced to her ..like starin at her for a short moment...but strangely i didnt find her attractive :s-smilie:
Reply 3
He might be taken. He was bieng kind.
(edited 13 years ago)
sarahthegemini
To people they really really like? He saw you for what, 10 minutes? How could he 'really really like you' after that, without even saying one word to you? :facepalm:

Maybe he thought you were hot, but then as you got closer to the queue he realised you weren't? :lolwut:

OR he was too shy to talk to you. You should have spoken to him a bit. You can't blame him for being shy when you were just as shy.

haha
It's just common courtesy tbh, I do this all the time at the bus stop/train platform...some guys just subscribe to the 'ladies first' thing and that's all it probably was.

In my opinion you're reading way too much into this, when a guy lets you go first it doesn't necessarily mean he likes you.
You exchanged a bit of eye contact and he did you a small favour... that's not really enough to go on, is it? Maybe he didn't say anything because he was shy? Guys, and people in general, need a lot of encouragement to make that sort of a move. You say yourself that you got flustered and looked away - that doesn't exactly scream 'come hither', does it? You can hardly complain when you barely exchanged a word, and even if he did want to give you his number, it could have been quite embarrassing in front of a load of people. Maybe initiate conversation next time, whether it's him or someone else?
Reply 7
He waited so he could get a close up view of your boobs
Reply 8
sarahthegemini

This. I have done this quite a few times. :ninja:
i dont think he was being a gentleman
He's trying to be a gentleman. :smile:
He's probably shy, or maybe he thought you were attractive from afar and when he saw you face to face he kinda back off a lil? :p:
Why did you give him your number in the first place?He's gonna think youre up to something :s-smilie:
I remember i got off the train, it was raining and i was waiting for a taxi to go home when this guy who was in the same train with me just came behind me and he shared his umbrella with me. We didn't talk for the whole time, he just waited for me to get on the taxi *which took me 1 hour and he stayed with me with his umbrella for 1 hour too* were both kinda wet because his umbrella was small. The next day i saw him again and i said thank you but he didnt asked me out though, he was just being a gentleman. :smile:
Reply 11
girls are always looking in the wrong direction when i stare at them
Reply 12
well the reason i looked at him then looked away quickly was cos i liked him and i couldn't help it, anyway i thoguht it was common knowledge if a girl did that she liked you
kristinaalovesu
He's trying to be a gentleman. :smile:
He's probably shy, or maybe he thought you were attractive from afar and when he saw you face to face he kinda back off a lil? :p:
Why did you give him your number in the first place?He's gonna think youre up to something :s-smilie:
I remember i got off the train, it was raining and i was waiting for a taxi to go home when this guy who was in the same train with me just came behind me and he shared his umbrella with me. We didn't talk for the whole time, he just waited for me to get on the taxi *which took me 1 hour and he stayed with me with his umbrella for 1 hour too* were both kinda wet because his umbrella was small. The next day i saw him again and i said thank you but he didnt asked me out though, he was just being a gentleman. :smile:

:lolwut: That is beyond creepy.
sarahthegemini
:lolwut: That is beyond creepy.

I knooow! But were good friends for a like a year after meeting the 2nd time though. :h:

Latest

Trending

Trending