Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What's your favorite quote? Watch

ReputationRep:
    And how has it influenced you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fragile_Illusions)
    And how has it influenced you?
    Best deed of a great man is to forgive and forget.

Not sure who said it but when something happens I usually have a vengeance. Right now I'm working on keeping my cool and forgiving. Btw, you haven't told us yours.

ReputationRep:
    I only get one?

"Pick yourself off the floor, come up screaming, run after everything you ever might have wanted" - best lyrics in a song I first heard when I was in a very dark place, and after I heard this, it wasn't so dark any more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diabolic99)
    Best deed of a great man is to forgive and forget.

Not sure who said it but when something happens I usually have a vengeance. Right now I'm working on keeping my cool and forgiving. Btw, you haven't told us yours.
    I've not got one.

ReputationRep:
    "I have a theory about this. Everyone in the city is having sex at the exact same time... except for us. But we will press on. "

ReputationRep:
    'A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men'.

ReputationRep:
    As per my sig: Time flies like an arrow.... fruit flies like a banana. G. Marx.

The vagueness of the English language can be a blessing, a curse and a chuffing funny thing.

ReputationRep:
    China is a big country, inhabited by many Chineese.

-Charles de Gaulle

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jenny.chu)
    "I have a theory about this. Everyone in the city is having sex at the exact same time... except for us. But we will press on. "
    :p: I quite like this.

ReputationRep:
    "stop with the twitter. no one gives a damn" - black angry man on youtube.

ReputationRep:
    "There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure. - Colin Powell, U.S. Secretary of State

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lubus)
    China is a big country, inhabited by many Chineese.

-Charles de Gaulle
    Why is this your favorite quote?

ReputationRep:
    “Religious distress is at the same time the expression of real distress and the protest against real distress. Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. It is the opium of the people.”

Marx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h0ple55)
    "There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure. - Colin Powell, U.S. Secretary of State

This is so perfect for TSR :yes:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    "But girls must like it when men behave like this... so I'm abnormal, and I'm up a tree"

I can't remember the exact quote off the top of my head, but it's from a DH Lawrence story, and it taught me not to take love too seriously.

ReputationRep:
    "Carpe Diem"

-Horace

It means "Seize the day," and has influenced me by inspiring me to grab any opportunities presented to me.

ReputationRep:
    Everything about woman has one solution: pregnancy - Nietzsche

old enough to bleed, old enough to breed.

ReputationRep:
    You tried your best and failed miserably. The lesson is: never try.

ReputationRep:
    "We're going to bike to the top of this ******* mountain if it kills us! Just think of the reward! All this downhill to do on the way back!"

I can use that for so many situations. To persivier and get your reward.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.