Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hey im 17 years old. almost 18

ive always been large but when i turned 16 i suddenly started to bloat and grow outwards and upwards, i am now a size 16 to 18, which im not happy about at all

makes me very depressed when i see girls at college who are the same size as a 12 year old. i feel a bit like a giant lol

But Anyway. i dont eat much at all, sometimes an apple and a sandwhich a day, but i still stay this size. to be honest i dont really try excercise because i'm too darn lazy!!!

BUT ive matured now and faced the facts that i CANNOT stay this way!
    so, i've challenged myself to do an hour speedwalk a day, round the hills where i live. very steep lol
    (ive just got back from an hour walk now- i felt great must be adrenaline? )
    anywhoo... i'd love to go from size 16 to size 14 or maybe 12!! . do you think i could do this, and how many walks do you think this could be achievable in?

2 months of walks aday ?

Thankyou

ReputationRep:
    speedwalk lulz, just run ffs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrDoovde)
    speedwalk lulz, just run ffs.
    thanks ! made me feel so much better

ReputationRep:
    Speed (or power) walking is very good for you. Apparently you burn off just as many calories as you would from jogging. Ideally you should speed walk at 4.5 - 5.5mph.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 12, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.