Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

30 things to do before you're 30 watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kristinaalovesu)
    America is too modern. Castles are very rare in here. I mean i love US but Europe is just full of history.
    Castles lol please dont tell me your one of these Americans who stereotypes us as old fashioned posh accents, fish and chips etc.

Have you been to ENgland or other parts of Europe before?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackthevillain)
    Castles lol please dont tell me your one of these Americans who stereotypes us as old fashioned posh accents, fish and chips etc.

Have you been to ENgland or other parts of Europe before?
    Oh nooo. haha I just like a place where its full of history. In here you'll see a lot of GLASS BUILDINGS. I've never been to england or other parts of europe but my bestfriend lives there and she loves it. I feel trap in here tbh. I feel like i can't go anywhere and the people here are into drinking specially the universities here are more into frat parties and beer pong. which is not my cup'o tea.

ReputationRep:
    Oh nooo. haha I just like a place where its full of history. In here you'll see a lot of GLASS BUILDINGS. I've never been to england or other parts of europe but my bestfriend lives there and she loves it. I feel trap in here tbh. I feel like i can't go anywhere and the people here are into drinking specially the universities here are more into frat parties and beer pong. which is not my cup'o tea.
    We like alcohol a lot here o the good of days of being 15 getting pi**ed with friends roaming parks in groups of 20-30 lol. I want to move out of England now its pretty sh*t I would love to live in New york but being more realastic Munich first. Another statistic why England is bad ill compare with USA for you. The US has a population of 300 million and 4 million or so Americans live overseas. England has a population of 52 million and 5 million ENglish people live overseas haha.

ReputationRep:
    -skydive
    -scuba dive in great barrier reef
    -visit bora bora aka paradise
    -experience zero gravity (if not able to get into space)
    -punch chuck norris in the face
    -attend a world cup final
    -get married
    -make a million
    -bungee jump
    -safari
    -learn to play the guitar
    -fire alan sugar

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asdalol)
    have sex with a goat :dontknow:
    oi seriously wat the hell is that in ur post the picture?!!!

ReputationRep:
    SKEEENAAGEE famm.....nice 2 hear that u know, been a pleasure listening 2 you......soooo wat exactly is ur cup of tea? :p:

ReputationRep:
    We like alcohol a lot here o the good of days of being 15 getting pi**ed with friends roaming parks in groups of 20-30 lol. I want to move out of England now its pretty sh*t I would love to live in New york but being more realastic Munich first. Another statistic why England is bad ill compare with USA for you. The US has a population of 300 million and 4 million or so Americans live overseas. England has a population of 52 million and 5 million ENglish people live overseas haha.
    I know. But in here, as soon as university starts people are just wasted. Plus they worship their university mascot so much that they are willing to cut classes just to watch a baseball/basketball game!
    Oh and in New York, i think thats like the only place where theres castle like buildings and stuff. You should def. visit there. I'd love to live in NY, but when i was there life is just toooo fast. There are lights everywhere and its only good to live there if you live in the upper side. haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AJ-OD)
    SKEEENAAGEE famm.....nice 2 hear that u know, been a pleasure listening 2 you......soooo wat exactly is ur cup of tea? :p:
    I dont drink that much, i mean, i drink occasionally. Other than that, im more of a book type of person who loves to sit in the park and have picnic with friends, nap, travel, the drinking here is just crazy. I mean, my coworker wont even stop talking about her drinking session the other night and she didn't go to class just to get wasted.

ReputationRep:
    I know. But in here, as soon as university starts people are just wasted. Plus they worship their university mascot so much that they are willing to cut classes just to watch a baseball/basketball game!
    Oh and in New York, i think thats like the only place where theres castle like buildings and stuff. You should def. visit there. I'd love to live in NY, but when i was there life is just toooo fast. There are lights everywhere and its only good to live there if you live in the upper side. haha
    I been to NYC favourite place on earth. People here get drunk as soon as uni starts I know my cousins and sister are still doing it now they went over 2 weeks ago lol. I would probably try to live in MIdtown in NYC. We dont have university sports as much here or mascots lol. The other bad thing about England is the rising crime levels and plus its not one society its a broken society and ethnic groups seem to stay to themselves if you know what I mean do they have that in the states?

ReputationRep:
    -Get a medical degree and become a surgeon and inevitably a PHD degree
    -Obtain a black belt in one or more martial arts
    -Learn more than one Language(my choices are either: Russian, Spanish or Swedish)
    -Learn to play bass
    -Learn to play piano
    -Learn to play Violin(string quartets ftw!)
    -Learn the sword(Kendo)
    -Travel the world
    -Threesome
    -Party with a famous actor for the night
    -Research my ancestors
    -Go to the arctic and see the northen lights, or anywhere that's close enough to see them
    -Learn how to master Archery
    -Sky dive
    -Learn how to Scuba Dive
    -Meet Morgan freeman(this should be on everybody's bucket list)

ReputationRep:
    I been to NYC favourite place on earth. People here get drunk as soon as uni starts I know my cousins and sister are still doing it now they went over 2 weeks ago lol. I would probably try to live in MIdtown in NYC. We dont have university sports as much here or mascots lol. The other bad thing about England is the rising crime levels and plus its not one society its a broken society and ethnic groups seem to stay to themselves if you know what I mean do they have that in the states?
    Im friends with a lot of different ethnicities.
    People here are very open minded when it comes to races. But some ethnicities like *orientals* stick to themselves but its very rare. About the crime rate, its the same as US where there are TONNES of GANGS as well. I think it just depends on where you live like in what part of the country you live. But its not really safe everywhere. You just have to be cautions in your surrounding. Tbh, i prefer the east coast than the west coast too.

ReputationRep:
    Im friends with a lot of different ethnicities.
    People here are very open minded when it comes to races. But some ethnicities like *orientals* stick to themselves but its very rare. About the crime rate, its the same as US where there are TONNES of GANGS as well. I think it just depends on where you live like in what part of the country you live. But its not really safe everywhere. You just have to be cautions in your surrounding. Tbh, i prefer the east coast than the west coast too.
    Ok you have some good points so Id thought Id wait for your reply then go to sleep because it is 4.48 am here and only 11.48 pm there.

Good night and nice speaking to you.

ReputationRep:
    Ok you have some good points so Id thought Id wait for your reply then go to sleep because it is 4.48 am here and only 11.48 pm there.

Good night and nice speaking to you.
    Oh Okie doke. Have a good night sleep and nice talking to you too. Ciao.

ReputationRep:
    - Live in six different countries
    - Learn many languages
    - Get the job of my dreams

The usual

ReputationRep:
    Learn 3-4 languages
    Graduate on my undergrad degree
    Enroll in a medical school.
    Graduate in my medical school
    Be a surgeon
    Marry someone i love and loves me back. <3
    Buy myself a house.
    Be financially stable so i can have my own family (if im not financially stable yet, i wont have babies even if im married)
    Buy my parents a house or car or whatever they want
    Travel around europe with my love or if im still single maybe with a friend or alone

and most of all, be as healthy as i can without having any operations.
    Best response so far

ReputationRep:
    I would like to:
    - Get a first (would probably settle for a strong II.i though, so maybe 'get a good II.i' instead?)
    - Learn another language to a moderate fluency,
    - Have spent a solid few months travelling before settling down along the career path,
    - Have worked out which career path to follow,
    - Be in a stable relationship (don't mind if I'm not married), married,
    - Own some kind of semi-respectable a lovely property,
    - Have learnt an instrument to a basic level (I'm hopeless and didn't care for music lessons as a kid - kind of regret quitting everything now),
    - To run a marathon/cycle across somewhere etc (fitness-related aspiration),
    - To still be in touch with my school friends,
    - Have some crazy stories to tell,
    - And also to have personally had an impact on something/changed something (a bit of a selfish philanthropy thing I think the middle class are born with...)

A lot more too, but that's all I can just about think of.

Oh, and to have completed the long, long list of books that I must read. I don't think I could physically do that in a decade though.

EDIT: Oh dear, my list does seem to aim rather low, I seem to be settling for a lot of things. I'll change it a bit. Aim high etc.

ReputationRep:
    America is too modern. Castles are very rare in here. I mean i love US but Europe is just full of history.
    lol if you want to see castles choose Durham over your other choices and you'll be able to walk past one every day, though its not as impressive as Harry Potter's Hogwarts(which btw is not too far north of Newcastle upon tyne)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cloven Angel)
    lol if you want to see castles choose Durham over your other choices and you'll be able to walk past one every day, though its not as impressive as Harry Potter's Hogwarts(which btw is not too far north of Newcastle upon tyne)
    Actually durham is the one im gonna put in my UCAS. I just haven't updated my signature yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kim1234567)
    .Get a really interesting job
    .Have a baby (maybe... if my life was settled enough)
    .Go to Africa/America/Australia
    .Learn how to snowboard
    .Find the perfect hair colour/style that suits me best
    .Write a book
    .Visit the Royal Museum in London
    .Get in to an exercise routine
    .Make a true life long friend who I could trust with my life and share some amazing experiences with. This person would have to be a great skiier/snowboarder though.

These aren't all in order of importance.
    Couldn't agree with you more here, haven't had much luck so far though - people royally get on my tits with their childishness sometimes.

Anyways, mine:

- Get married
    - Have the first of my kids
    - Get my degree (after 4 years of slogging my ass off)
    - Make proper headway with my boyfriend's brother (he's very good with small talk, neither am I = awkward conversation)
    - Try one new experience that I would normally say "no" to.
    - Get over my fear of fairground rides, and go on 1 "big" ride
    - learn 1 new language
    - Get a job that's relevant to what I want to do
    - buy my first house.
    That's all I can think of so far

ReputationRep:
    -become a teacher
    -get married
    -go travelling around all major european cities
    -buy own house
    - have a child
    -move to norfolk
    -go to disney land florida
    -do a masters
    -buy a mini
    -go and watch wimbledon
    -visit new zealand

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.