Turn on thread page Beta

Guys, would you approach/be attracted to a shy girl?! watch

ReputationRep:
    Guys, would you approach/be attracted to a shy girl?! Please state your reasons for your answer. What factors would affect your decision? Would it depend on the setting you were in? i.e. a club?!

PLEASE SHARE YOUR COMMENTS!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah if anything, that can be nicer as the girl will be more clingy, which i personally like. **** the 'I'm a modern woman who is sooooo independent and free' ********, i like a good shy girl.

(Original post by damos92)
    Yeah if anything, that can be nicer as the girl will be more clingy, which i personally like. **** the 'I'm a modern woman who is sooooo independent and free' ********, i like a good shy girl.
    When did shy = clingy :lolwut:, surely she would be more withdrawn.

ReputationRep:
    What personality traits would KEEP you interested? Do looks matter to you?! If you seen a girl and got the impression she was shy, would you take the time to make more of an effort with her?! Or think of it as a waste of time and energy?!

ReputationRep:
    Sure, why not.

If she was the type to keep asking "I'm shy, will guys approach me!?" however, I may think twice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aimes_14)
    Guys, would you approach/be attracted to a shy girl?! Please state your reasons for your answer. What factors would affect your decision? Would it depend on the setting you were in? i.e. a club?!

PLEASE SHARE YOUR COMMENTS!
    Yes, I tend to be more attracted to shy girls than otherwise. For some reason I'm more likely to spot the one being quiet in the background, rather than the one being loud up front. Once they open up, they tend to be less superficial than more outgoing people (generalisation, but somewhat true)

Partly because someone being more confident than me, I'd feel a little awkward since I tend to be quiet myself.

ReputationRep:
    So long as she'll talk back to me when i try to talk to her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indieboohoo)
    When did shy = clingy :lolwut:, surely she would be more withdrawn.
    Not at all. Sure, she would be more withdrawn from society and people in general, but not to a boy who showed her real love. If she was shy, the attention and love she would get from a boyfriend would (more than likely) be new to her and she would then cling more to that person. I've seen girls like it. My cousin's girlfriend is exactly like i described, she's never really been that social or anything and finally having a boyfriend is great for her, meaning she doesn't want to lose him, thus clinging to him more.

For a guy like I, that is quite sweet and nice, as opposed to a loud, brash confident girl whose liberation from her shell is just piss annoying.

ReputationRep:
    If she's cute then I'd find her quite attractive, but really I like girls similar to myself. I think normal or stronger (mentally) guys who like to be dominating would prefer shy girls whereas submissive guys would prefer stronger, dominatrix girls.

ReputationRep:
    Looks obviously matter. I never really bother approaching girls unless I see a signal, so chances are if someone is too shy to do that.. then I won't approach them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aimes_14)
    What personality traits would KEEP you interested? Do looks matter to you?! If you seen a girl and got the impression she was shy, would you take the time to make more of an effort with her?! Or think of it as a waste of time and energy?!
    Guys like shy girls it's probabily more in mans favor than an overly aggressive, loudmouth *****. We like a challenge almost to pursue girls who are shy to come out of they're shell, but personality plays a big part as much as looks. So definitely a Plus to girls.

(Original post by damos92)
    Not at all. Sure, she would be more withdrawn from society and people in general, but not to a boy who showed her real love. If she was shy, the attention and love she would get from a boyfriend would (more than likely) be new to her and she would then cling more to that person. I've seen girls like it. My cousin's girlfriend is exactly like i described, she's never really been that social or anything and finally having a boyfriend is great for her, meaning she doesn't want to lose him, thus clinging to him more.

For a guy like I, that is quite sweet and nice, as opposed to a loud, brash confident girl whose liberation from her shell is just piss annoying.
    What about shy girls who are shy at first until you get to know them but they are more confident and comfortable in their skin and had a mix of traditional and feminist views.

Or do you only like the insecure shy ones that rely on a guy all the time like a damsel in distress.

ReputationRep:
    id prefer a shy girl, id hate having a loud mouth as a gf, shy girls tend to be better company as u can actually have good conversations and what not, i think looks do matter not to sound shallow but i think u r attracted by physical appearance to begin with and then fall in love with the personality, thats whats happened with me

ReputationRep:
    What about shy girls who are shy at first until you get to know them but they are more confident and comfortable in their skin and had a mix of traditional and feminist views.

Or do you only like the insecure shy ones that rely on a guy all the time like a damn-sell in distress.
    First of all, wth is up with the damn-sell wording?

Anyway no, i don't only like girls who rely on a guy. I'm just saying, it can be sweet when for example, you say to a girl 'I'm off out for a few hours' and then she's all concerned like 'ohhh, how long are you going to be'. That makes me feel good and you don't usually get that with a certain type of girl. It would most definitely be great if the girl in question was actually comfortable in her own skin and she had strong viewpoints. Although, the feminist thinkings would have to be light, neo feminism just pisses me off.

ReputationRep:
    Is she hot?

Anyway, yes OP. Shy people usually are more interesting than loud people once you get to know them.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah sure, why not.
    I'd love to find out more about her tbh.

ReputationRep:

Or do you only like the insecure shy ones that rely on a guy all the time like a damn-sell in distress.
    :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Shy girls = Cuteness so yes.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I like shy guys. Theres something cute/innocent about them that make em attractive.

ReputationRep:
    yep defo they would probably give more into a relationship than loud ones

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 3, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.