Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I am thinking of changing my surname because it is a Muslim surname watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

Should I change my surname or just leave it?
    Change it then. If you 'hate' islam and muslims, why let others ever mistake you for us?

It's better for everyone if you just change it i think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeffy91)
    He should have said some muslims are religious nutters, the majority are ok, and there are some who are great people. This goes for every category you wish to group people into though.
    Fair enough, i just feel like stressing that you can be practising and still a nice person. Or should i say "religious" and still be a nice guy. Maybe even nicer than normal , with religion being a driving force to be even nicer, but this is a debate for another topic :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LiterallyInsane)
    What in the name of God is a Muslim face LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL ?
    Well, I assume he looks Asian so it doesn't matter if his name is Windsor or Ibn Farooq al-Insecure because the stereotypes will still be there. There's not many white Muslims in England.

ReputationRep:
    its entirely up to you, if you keep your surname, you may be instantly branded as a muslim when going for a job interview or something important, so change your surname from muslim to human

If i were you, i would change it in a heartbeat
    Lol , couldn't say that unanonymously could you? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    To everyone saying "people don't judge you by your surname", they do (or at least some do). I remember learning about this study done where a set of CVs where sent out to a variety of employers, both completely identical, but one with a typical run-of-the-mill name, and one with an Arabic name. The one with the arabic name got far less responses than the one with average name, even though they should have received the same.

If you don't like the name then change it. I personally wouldn't want to change my family name but it's up to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toffee_Kid)
    Hmmm... if I were you, I would simply take a long run off a short cliff
    looooool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Persephone.)
    Well, I assume he looks Asian so it doesn't matter if his name is Windsor or Ibn Farooq al-Insecure because the stereotypes will still be there. There's not many white Muslims in England.

So .. what if your black ?
    does that mean you don't have a Muslim face .. LOL ..

ReputationRep:
    I have a problem because I hate Islam and Muslims
    Yes, you do have a problem. Get over it.

ReputationRep:
    What in the name of God is a Muslim face LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL ?
    looool this thread is jokes!

ReputationRep:
    No, you just have a black face and happen to be Muslim. People usually associate Islam with Asian or Arab faces because of disproportionate media exposure. My Iranian cousins are blonde, blue eyed and they always get asked if they've been forced to convert by some ruthless Arab because they wear the headscarf thing.

Any other questions? :p:

ReputationRep:
    No, you just have a black face and happen to be Muslim. People usually associate Islam with Asian or Arab faces because of disproportionate media exposure. My Iranian cousins are blonde, blue eyed and they always get asked if they've been forced to convert by some ruthless Arab because they wear the headscarf thing.

Any other questions? :p:
    No that's all ..

P.S you so deserve +rep for
    the Muslim face .. comment LOOOOL :p:

ReputationRep:
    OP is a troll, trying to stir up hate against muslims, even though it is the fastest growing major religion in the world, OBVIOUS TROLL IS OBVIOUS

ReputationRep:
    looooool

ReputationRep:
    You simply want to tell that you don't like Islam and muslims....

ReputationRep:

Erm..... You do know that there are many Muslim areas of the world other than Asia? North Africa, for example. How about the more Oriental areas of Asia, eg. Indonesia? Or parts of Europe?? I believe Bosnia, Kosovo, Albania, and Turkey, among other places, have quite a significant Muslim population. My point is, there is no such thing as a Muslim face.

This might just take you frfom shocked to the point at which your brain begins to explode, but there are actually several very popular religions on Asia - Islam is not the only one!!!!!!!1!!1!!1!!! Are we forgetting about Christianity, Hinduism, Judaism, Sikhism.......

Oh yes, and in 2001, 200,000 white people in Britain considered themselves to be White Muslims. That was almost 11 years ago, and given the high conversion rates, I would say that there are definitely quite a few White Muslims in England.

ReputationRep:
    Don't change your family name. It's insulting to your ancestors.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toffee_Kid)
    Erm..... You do know that there are many Muslim areas of the world other than Asia? North Africa, for example. How about the more Oriental areas of Asia, eg. Indonesia? Or parts of Europe?? I believe Bosnia, Kosovo, Albania, and Turkey, among other places, have quite a significant Muslim population. My point is, there is no such thing as a Muslim face.

This might just take you frfom shocked to the point at which your brain begins to explode, but there are actually several very popular religions on Asia - Islam is not the only one!!!!!!!1!!1!!1!!! Are we forgetting about Christianity, Hinduism, Judaism, Sikhism.......

Oh yes, and in 2001, 200,000 white people in Britain considered themselves to be White Muslims. That was almost 11 years ago, and given the high conversion rates, I would say that there are definitely quite a few White Muslims in England.
    Why are you trying to be clever? I know that 1.5 billion aren't all Pakistanis or Arabs. A little comprehension task is in order.

My earlier post:
    People usually associate Islam with Asian or Arab faces because of disproportionate media exposure.
    Read before you pass out on the keyboard again thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Successful troll is successful :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by In2deep)
    Successful troll is successful :sad:
    looooool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sine)
    looooool
    It is so obvious yet so many people just bought it :sad:

btw, you sent of your UCAS app and I haven't :eek3:

I got 12 days

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.