Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    If there really was no such thing as 'right' person for people, we would have no happy marriages.

Even the marriages take compromise though. The only person you can always understand and always get on with is yourself. Aside from that, don't expect to never get angry or disappointed with someone, especially not a partner.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think there's any real difference in how hard it is to find someone who's 'right' between girls and guys.

Some people seem to go through so many relationships, the kind of people that can't go a week being single.

Others stay with their first girlfriend for years and years.

Although I don't really believe in there being soulmates or anything like that, there are certainly people who you are going to click with and be able to get along with them really well. But... like other people have said in this thread, people are constantly changing and it might not last forever.

If you truly love someone it seems that some compromise might have to be inevitable sometimes. It's not always going to be easy.

ReputationRep:
    No

There is no Mrs, Ms or Miss Right either.

ReputationRep:
    Mr right and Ms right do not mean you have found someone who is perfect and has no flaws. So the answer to your question is yes, and no.

Maybe there is a perfect someone out there who meets your perfect example of a significant other, but the relationship may not work. Also, maybe someone who meets certain criteria areas of your Mr right, but not all, you could have the 'perfect' relationship with.

Here's a quote I found:

'love is not about finding the right person, but creating a right relationshiip. It's not about how much love you have in the beginning, but how much love you build till the end'

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I think he does; saying someone is right for you is not the same as saying they are perfect. Surely there is nobody that could honestly say they are completely perfect, certainly I know that I have flaws, I'm far from perfect, so how can I expect that from another person.
    It is a cliche to say that successful relationships require compromise, patience and understanding, but it's true. Sometimes I make mistakes, sometimes my boyfriend makes mistakes, sometimes we have ridiculous arguments, but honestly I'm very happy with him, and I genuinely believe that you can only really say you truly love someone when you have seen the worst in them, and love them anyway.

ReputationRep:
    There is no Mr/Miss Right tbh

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 3, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.