Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Brantano Student Discount Rule watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    My sister and I went into Brantano today because she needed shoes for work. So, she found the shoes she wanted, so I went to look at the bags while she went to pay for her shoes.

The woman said they did student discount, so my sister called me over to the counter and asked for my student card.

However, because my sister was using HER credit card to pay for it, she wasn't able to use MY student discount ??? But, if it was my sister's student discount card, she would have been able to get her student discount while still paying with her own credit card.

In the end, I had to use MY debit card to buy my sister's shoes in order to use my student discount (obviously my sister paid me back).

I mean, does anyone think that's just stupid?

ReputationRep:
    Nope. A lot of places do that... 'Cos it's fraud.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    Nope. A lot of places do that... 'Cos it's fraud.
    How is it fraud when I am right there with her giving her permission to use my discount?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by funkiichiicka)
    How is it fraud when I am right there with her giving her permission to use my discount?
    It's not yours to give away. The shop gives discount to current students - she's not a current student. You are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    It's not yours to give away. The shop gives discount to current students - she's not a current student. You are.
    Hm... fair point lol.

ReputationRep:
    ive just experience a similar thing.. only i was buying the shoes for my child and they wouldn't let me have the discount... how is that fraud my child need clothing and i am a student.. mm im so mad :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by buffyannesummers)
    ive just experience a similar thing.. only i was buying the shoes for my child and they wouldn't let me have the discount... how is that fraud my child need clothing and i am a student.. mm im so mad :mad:
    Your child is not a student.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 13, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.