The Student Room Group

Discuss your 2010-11 UCAS decisions *HERE*

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Today got my first offer... Queen Mary for Economics&Politics! Incredibly happy!! :smile: Just started to jump all around my room ahahahah :smile: :smile:
Reply 261
Original post by talulah-q
University: Manchester Uni
Course: History and Economics
Decision: Conditional
Offer conditions: ABB
Your reaction: :smile:

University: Birmingham Uni
Course: Economic and Social History
Offer conditions: ABB
Your reaction: :smile: but probably won't accept - prefer Manchester and have BBB from Liverpool

I have an offer for history and economics as well!!
Did you go to the open day?? If you did how did you find it?
Reply 262
Original post by Sequoia Throne
University: Nottingham Trent
Course: Business Management and Marketing
Offer conditions: 280 UCAS Points
Your reaction: Wow! Two offers in one day! I never expected that, it just came through ten minutes ago. I'm very pleased. :biggrin:

ahh I applied for that course!!! I havent got anything through though....come on come on!
Ive applied for Primary Education with QTS at Cumbria Uni, along with two similar courses at the local college. I want cumbria though... please :biggrin: only sent ucas today though
Reply 264
i've just sent my application few days ago...
i'm applying for architecture
-University of Edinburgh (my first choice, i'm dying to go there... hope i'll be accepted)
-University College London
-University of Dundee
-University of Kent
-Robert Gordon University
*wonders why did someone give me a neg rating* (#7, if you are curious enough to know which post it is

got offer from 2 out of 4 at the moment, 1 to go. Hard luck.

?Edit: Another neg? lol)
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 266
Original post by chanchan
I have an offer for history and economics as well!!
Did you go to the open day?? If you did how did you find it?

No, I didn't go. Been invited to open day next term. Really like the look of the course. What did you think about it?
Original post by James_mcfc
University: Newcastle University
Course: Politics BA
Date Application Sent: 3rd November
Offer Condition: ABB presumably, it's not been communicated to UCAS yet but it's the standard offer.
Reaction: Yay! Just one more to go now!

Did you receive a second email this morning saying they're not giving offers till after the jan deadline? :s-smilie:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 268
Original post by talulah-q
No, I didn't go. Been invited to open day next term. Really like the look of the course. What did you think about it?

I really liked it! But now im torn between MAnchester and Nottingham as I have offers from both and they were my top two :s

I'm going to one in the new year as well! I hope to gain clarity on which uni to choose as well where I feel most comfortable.
Reply 269
Got into Sheffield .. yay :biggrin:

4 down 1 to go.. and that 1 is oxford :frown: .. for which I have given the interview waiting for the result
Original post by Miahrose
University: University of Nottingham
Course: Classical Civilisation
Date Application sent: 24th November
Offer conditions: AAB
Your reaction: So so so so so so so happy!

2 Offers in 1 day, well done!!!!
Got 4 offers so far from Birmingham, Nottingham, Liverpool and Kent.

Still waiting on my first choice Lancaster though :frown:

Has anyone else had any trouble with universities saying they're going to offer one set of grades on the UCAS website, then actually upping the grades when they give you an offer? Kent did this for me, so now i no longer have a back up :/
I got all my offers, as of yesterday. So happy! I've just got to choose between Newcastle and Liverpool to firm. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

But I already miss the excitement of waiting for UCAS to update!
I finally got my first offer yesterday. Felt like I'd waited ages, in reality was only 2 weeks- BB from UEA for International Relations as I already have a B in History. Definitley in my top 2.
Does anyone have any idea how valuable a placement year is for a psychology degree?
I doubt there's much you can do about it, but in the interest of fairness and equal consideration, Universities are meant to set their entry requirements and stick to them at least until the 15th Jan equal consideration deadline - you may not have ever applied to this University if their entry requirements were that high. You might be perfectly capable of meeting those requirements, but others may now feel they have wasted one of their choices. They should at least be able to give you an explanation as to why your offer is higher than what they have advertised.

Original post by doubletalkinjive
Hey everyone. This seemed like the most appropriate place to put this question. I recently got an offer to study psychology at Goldsmiths and on the UCAS website it stipulates they require ABB but my offer is for AAB. I've heard of grades required going down but up? Doesn't really make much sense to me:s-smilie:
Reply 276
Just had an unsuccessful application with the reason - Unsuitable academic/professional background

Any idea what that means?

Will be phoning the university later but would like some idea before i phone.

Any help is appreciated.cheers
Original post by AzaH
Just had an unsuccessful application with the reason - Unsuitable academic/professional background

Any idea what that means?

Will be phoning the university later but would like some idea before i phone.

Any help is appreciated.cheers

Poor grades maybe ?
Reply 278
My expected grades are Distinction , Distinction , Distinction

The uni that rejected me is my 3rd choice and want DMM.
do they give out offers over the christmas holidays?
hheeelpppp:confused:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending