Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vitamin D)
    When you get an offer does Track email you to say so?
    Yes, you get an email telling you that 'something has changed on your UCAS application' and that'll be the official decision. Remember to check your Junk E-mails also!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeadPixel)
    It's supposed to, yes. http://www.ucas.ac.uk/students/offers/trackprogress

Just to be sure — is everyone treated equally for the offers, as long as you send your application before January 15th? Still haven't sent mine :gasp:
    Yep! Anytime after the 15th and I don't think that they're really required to look at your application. You've got plenty of time

(Original post by mooniibuggy)
    Yes, you get an email telling you that 'something has changed on your UCAS application' and that'll be the official decision. Remember to check your Junk E-mails also!
    Oh man, that statement just builds the tension! "Something has changed" :O WHAT SOMETHING?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vitamin D)
    Yep! Anytime after the 15th and I don't think that they're really required to look at your application. You've got plenty of time

Oh man, that statement just builds the tension! "Something has changed" :O WHAT SOMETHING?!
    I know! When I log on track afterwards I find myself mumbling 'fml fml fml' before I click 'Choices'

ReputationRep:
    Just to be sure — is everyone treated equally for the offers, as long as you send your application before January 15th? Still haven't sent mine :gasp:
    Yes, but no. :rolleyes:

If the uni policy is to send offers before the deadline (Glasgow is a prime example), all the course places may have been given out well before the January 15th deadline, resulting in everyone else, no matter how qualified, being rejected.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mooniibuggy)
    OMG i'm so jealous

well done! i have no chance with them! i think i've gambled my choices tbh Has your ucas updated for UCL because I want to know for sure if they're giving out AAB offers or AAA offers... and I didn't know kcl wanted A's in chem AND bio ... didn't say that on their website =/

Seriously, Congrats!

I have no chance (although i'm trying to think positively). I don't even know why my app has been there for this long!
    hey haha thanks! umm UCL hasn't updated Track yet although I received the offer email on 7 Dec! the wait is agonising >< Imperial probably won't reply that soon, a senior of mine received his offer only in April the following year for Biomedical Science!

I think it's different for KCL cause I'm an international, so maybe they want to make it stricter? no idea haha. don't lose faith! just wait for their reply; I think i got my offers early cause I sent my app off on 15 Oct! remember - no news = good news haha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cloclo_)
    Had 4/5 offers and 1 rejection! I'm so happy Just gotta decide between Bangor, Keele or Lancaster
    SNAP!

Bristol: rejection
    Birmingham: offer! (firm)
    Leeds: interview (insurance if I get it)
    Manchester: offer
    Nottingham: offer

All for Russian or Russian studies- anyone else applied for these uni's?

ReputationRep:
    LSE - Unsuccessful
    Durham - Conditional
    Warwick x2 - still to come
    York - still to come

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Delaney)

If the uni policy is to send offers before the deadline (Glasgow is a prime example), all the course places may have been given out well before the January 15th deadline, resulting in everyone else, no matter how qualified, being rejected.
    Oh sh*t. Will apply for Dundee x2, Edinburgh College of Art and GCU… hope they're not all like this.
    Aren't they all at least supposed to give offers/places after the deadline?

ReputationRep:
    I've heard nothing yet... just stupid acknowledgements

ReputationRep:
    Oh sh*t. Will apply for Dundee x2, Edinburgh College of Art and GCU… hope they're not all like this.
    Aren't they all at least supposed to give offers/places after the deadline?

No idea on that one. I'm sure they do keep some places in reserve for after the deadline though, just incase they see a great candidate who's applied on like the 14th of January or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bballer92)
    LSE - Unsuccessful
    Durham - Conditional
    Warwick x2 - still to come
    York - still to come
    Congrats on Durham!

ReputationRep:
    Course: MEng Biomedical Engineering (4 years) although classed as Engineering Science, Medical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering (Biomed) elsewhere. :P

Oxford - Unsuccessful. But meh to that, because...
    Imperial - AAA. Really loved this one, it's gonna be my firm!
    Surrey - AAA
    Nottingham - AAA or ABB for Bachelor's.
    Leeds - AAB

I'm very happy with these, even if it's 4/5 offers (I was gearing for a clean sweep )

Might be a toss-up between Leeds and Notts for the insurance :/ Although I'm aware if you miss you offer by 1 grade, sometimes Imperial and Surrey may offer for you to go do the Bachelor's instead and you can work hard to get back on to the Master's.

Or am I talking outta my arse here?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arianex)
    Course: MEng Biomedical Engineering (4 years) although classed as Engineering Science, Medical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering (Biomed) elsewhere. :P

Oxford - Unsuccessful. But meh to that, because...
    Imperial - AAA. Really loved this one, it's gonna be my firm!
    Surrey - AAA
    Nottingham - AAA or ABB for Bachelor's.
    Leeds - AAB

I'm very happy with these, even if it's 4/5 offers (I was gearing for a clean sweep )

Might be a toss-up between Leeds and Notts for the insurance :/ Although I'm aware if you miss you offer by 1 grade, sometimes Imperial and Surrey may offer for you to go do the Bachelor's instead and you can work hard to get back on to the Master's.

Or am I talking outta my arse here?
    Those great choices

ReputationRep:
    Leeds (biochem) - Offer
    UEA (medicine) - Acknowledge
    Soton (medicine) - Acknowledge
    Essex (Biomed) - Interview
    Dundee (neuro)- Acknowledge

ReputationRep:
    No idea on that one. I'm sure they do keep some places in reserve for after the deadline though, just incase they see a great candidate who's applied on like the 14th of January or something.
    Argh. You're completely ruining my dreams right now :eek: as an international/independant applicant I thought it wasn't a first-come, first-served basis, but that everything was offered only after the deadline.
    Well — probably because that's the case in France. And here the application website hasn't even yet opened… the deadline is mid-March. UK is too early

I hope my application will be strong enough then…

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StudyHard_LiveBetter)
    Woooo! What course you applying for?
    BA in Geography

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maxcartwright)
    anyone got offers from

Leicster
    LSE
    Kings
    Queen Marys?

for international relations/politics/war studies?
    am getting anxious. i know LSE takes ages to reply, but I though leicster wud be quite quick and queen marys
    ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS OFFERS
    I'm applying to LSE to do International Relations and I haven't heard anything apparently they have been giving out rejections tho... so we have made it this far!!

ReputationRep:

This is NOT the case. See the link to Apply 2011 in my sig for an explanation as to why.

ReputationRep:
    anyone applying to do theology? it's just meeee

durham ABB, edinburgh BBB, leeds ABB, lancaster BBB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Rocky_)
    University: University of Southampton
    Course: Economics
    Date Application sent: 07/11/10
    Decision: Conditional
    Offer conditions: AAB
    Your reaction: Ecstatic
    wowww, what a way to start the yearr, awkward tbh, but im happy on your offer!!

University open days

• University of East Anglia (UEA)
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Secondary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Oct '18
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.