Turn on thread page Beta
    Offline

    1
    ReputationRep:
    I got a conditional offer from Leeds university yesterday! It's my first offer since sending my application away on the 6th January - I was surprised at how quickly I heard back from them! I also received an email from UEA saying they received my applications and would be in touch shortly.

    ImpatientImpatientImpatient.

    Is it September yet? -_-
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    first of all, hy all its my first post here at tsr

    missestwishes what degree did you apply for at leeds? I sent my app on 7th of january...
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    Hey, I currently hold 3 offers on UCAS, but despite the decisions of the other 2 i will be choosing 2 of the ones i already have offers from, i was wondering if anyone knew whether if i cancel my other two choices on UCAS could i then accept my firm and insurance straight away or would i still have to wait till May or something. I could wait but if i end up getting offers from any of the other 2 then someone else won't who might want it. cheers
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dgb93)
    Hey, I currently hold 3 offers on UCAS, but despite the decisions of the other 2 i will be choosing 2 of the ones i already have offers from, i was wondering if anyone knew whether if i cancel my other two choices on UCAS could i then accept my firm and insurance straight away or would i still have to wait till May or something. I could wait but if i end up getting offers from any of the other 2 then someone else won't who might want it. cheers
    You getting an offer from an institution won't stop another individual who that University likes getting an offer: if they really want them, they'll make an offer. So don't let that influence your decision.

    But yes, if you're sure that you want to make two Universities you already have offers from your firm and insurance choice, then you can cancel your pending choices and move ahead. You don't have to wait.
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    17
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dgb93)
    Hey, I currently hold 3 offers on UCAS, but despite the decisions of the other 2 i will be choosing 2 of the ones i already have offers from, i was wondering if anyone knew whether if i cancel my other two choices on UCAS could i then accept my firm and insurance straight away or would i still have to wait till May or something. I could wait but if i end up getting offers from any of the other 2 then someone else won't who might want it. cheers
    As James9876 says, you can do this. Whether you would be wise to is another matter.... There's very little if any benefit in making decisions about your firm/insurance now. See Firm and insurance choices
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    omg im feeling really nervous, sent my aplication off mid december, havent herd anything yet other than acknowledgment.
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ifti999)
    omg im feeling really nervous, sent my aplication off mid december, havent herd anything yet other than acknowledgment.
    I sent mine off early OCTOBER and have yet to hear anything, not even an acknowledgement...
    Offline

    2
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trefusis1234445)
    I sent mine off early OCTOBER and have yet to hear anything, not even an acknowledgement...
    If I were you Id have gone mad by now :eek3:
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James9876)
    You getting an offer from an institution won't stop another individual who that University likes getting an offer: if they really want them, they'll make an offer. So don't let that influence your decision.

    But yes, if you're sure that you want to make two Universities you already have offers from your firm and insurance choice, then you can cancel your pending choices and move ahead. You don't have to wait.
    I know if a Uni wants someone they will give an offer, but some uni's may have a quota where they arent allowed to give out more than so many offers so that they dont get fined, anyways thankyou for the advice
    Offline

    12
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dgb93)
    Hey, I currently hold 3 offers on UCAS, but despite the decisions of the other 2 i will be choosing 2 of the ones i already have offers from, i was wondering if anyone knew whether if i cancel my other two choices on UCAS could i then accept my firm and insurance straight away or would i still have to wait till May or something. I could wait but if i end up getting offers from any of the other 2 then someone else won't who might want it. cheers
    I just withdrew from RHUL so yeah, you can cancel the outstanding choices but only if you're sure you like the other ones! You don't want to withdraw and then change your mind...
    Offline

    2
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diamonddust)
    I just withdrew from RHUL so yeah, you can cancel the outstanding choices but only if you're sure you like the other ones! You don't want to withdraw and then change your mind...
    What made you withdraw if you dont mind me asking?
    Offline

    1
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mtudor)
    first of all, hy all its my first post here at tsr

    missestwishes what degree did you apply for at leeds? I sent my app on 7th of january...
    I applied for Environmental Science! ^_^ What about you?
    Offline

    2
    ReputationRep:
    Just got my third offer, two more to go... fingers crossed.
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pheebs1201)
    If I were you Id have gone mad by now :eek3:
    Trust me. I'm close to breaking :bricks:
    Offline

    2
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trefusis1234445)
    Trust me. I'm close to breaking :bricks:
    Where did you apply and what for? :eek:
    Offline

    2
    ReputationRep:
    Yay, BBB from Surrey. Nervous as hell about the others.....
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pheebs1201)
    Where did you apply and what for? :eek:

    English at the University of Birmingham. I'm on A2B and a Re-applicant though so I guess my case takes some extra consideration. It's horrific!
    Offline

    2
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trefusis1234445)
    English at the University of Birmingham. I'm on A2B and a Re-applicant though so I guess my case takes some extra consideration. It's horrific!
    Ohh I see, well best of luck !
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pheebs1201)
    Ohh I see, well best of luck !
    +Rep for kindness to a fragile mind :
    Offline

    2
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trefusis1234445)
    +Rep for kindness to a fragile mind :
    n'aww thanks, one back for luck!
 
 
 
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reply
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.