Date Application sent: 7th October
    Decision: Conditional
    Offer conditions: AAA
    Your reaction: Pleasantly Surprised
    So jealous! What are your grades?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kar09)
    Hi... I was just wondering...

What does it mean when both courses have the same code? Does it mean that it has the same topics in the course?
    No. Basically, if two universities run the same course they will usually have the same code. i.e Chemistry F100 and Medicine A100. However, different universities will have different topics/modules for those same course, to an extent that they can sometime appear different courses from what i've heard although usually they are pretty much the same except for the odd unit/module. Option modules tend to differ a lot though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asabashoyuki)
    According to this, no I don't think so.

Love your "NAISU". (Thumbs up)
    Thank you I absolutely love Manchester and even more so the course

ReputationRep:
    University: Warwick
    Course: Mathematics (G100)
    Date Application sent: 23rd September
    Offer conditions: A*A*A + 2 STEP
    Your reaction: Over the MOON!!! Got it last night and haven't stopped celebrating =P

ReputationRep:
    tip for all of you:

ucas sends the "the status of your application has changed" email after 5pm, so you'll only know before then if u check track

ReputationRep:
    Do offers come on weekends? D:

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer from Nottingham for Politics, lower than usual offer!

:party::party:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inspirational912)
    tip for all of you:

ucas sends the "the status of your application has changed" email after 5pm, so you'll only know before then if u check track
    that's weird... I got this email at 1.47pm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abbiie)
    that's weird... I got this email at 1.47pm

then they've changes it since last year

oops

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BM Max)
    University: Warwick
    Course: Mathematics (G100)
    Date Application sent: 23rd September
    Offer conditions: A*A*A + 2 STEP
    Your reaction: Over the MOON!!! Got it last night and haven't stopped celebrating =P
    Congratulations! Well done!! I'm happy for you, although I am now a manic track checker! That's exactly what I want to do and Warwick is my top choice!

Did your offer come through track or through the post? Also, do you know if they look at applications starting with the ones sent in first and do it in that order? Just so that I can work out when to expect a rejection (or hopefully an offer!).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paulinacatherine)
    Universisty: University of Aberystwyth
    Course: M100 Law
    Date Application sent: 14th October
    Offer conditions: BBB
    Reaction: Well... expected unconditional with AABBC on A/S
    Why? You haven't got BBB at A2. You can only get an unconditional if you already have the grades

ReputationRep:
    Why? You haven't got BBB at A2. You can only get an unconditional if you already have the grades
    how can I get A2 after just 1 years of sixth form?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helenamm92)
    University: University of Warwick
    Course: Physics (MPhys)
    Conditions: AAB
    Reaction: Absolutely ecstatic love Warwick ^_^
    I'm applying for the same course, when did you send off your ucas?

ReputationRep:
    People who get unconditional offers have already completed their A Levels in full.
    Oww.. I thought that you are getting unconditional if you have predicted grades and enough points I have already 260 UCAS points and Aberystwyth wants 300

ReputationRep:
    how can I get A2 after just 1 years of sixth form?
    you can't, thats why you don't have an unconditional offer. They are given to those who already meet the requirements of the course - they got their A2's last year or whenever in other words.

Why would you think you'd get unconditional?

ReputationRep:
    Oww.. I thought that you are getting unconditional if you have predicted grades and enough points I have already 260 UCAS points and Aberystwyth wants 300
    Predicted grades are just that - you might not achieve them. The requirement for 300 points will normally include a minimum of 80 points at A level (ie EE) because the standard entry requirements for undergraduate study nationally (ie in England and Wales) are two full A levels or equivalent.

The Scottish system is different and it is theoretically possible to get an unconditional offer based on AS levels only, though I've not come across an example as far as I can remember.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Billy Bryant)
    No. Basically, if two universities run the same course they will usually have the same code. i.e Chemistry F100 and Medicine A100. However, different universities will have different topics/modules for those same course, to an extent that they can sometime appear different courses from what i've heard although usually they are pretty much the same except for the odd unit/module. Option modules tend to differ a lot though.
    Thank you for replying!

Soo... for the code: PQ91, for English Language and Linguistics, both KCL and university of Swansea have that same code, so they do a similar course, right?

Because in your example, you had Chemistry with the course code: F100 and with Medicine it was A100 and I got a bit confused. Sorry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kar09)
    Thank you for replying!

Soo... for the code: PQ91, for English Language and Linguistics, both KCL and university of Swansea have that same code, so they do a similar course, right?

Because in your example, you had Chemistry with the course code: F100 and with Medicine it was A100 and I got a bit confused. Sorry.
    Both courses would have the same name and likely be very similar but they would differ slightly on the individual modules. You would need to check the course structure from the individual universities.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by (You))
    For entry into a Scottish university, only Highers (AS-level equivalents) are usually required (vast majority of courses) so many Scottish applicants receive unconditional offers even though they are still in school. So, it's entirely possible.

There are loads of examples on TSR. :lolwut: I could find you some if you wish.
    Of people with Highers, or people with AS Levels only getting unconditional offers? It's the latter that I haven't seen happen. The issue is that it is normal for Scottish students to have Highers only at the point of admission to a Scottish uni - whereas the general expectation is that uni applicants from elsewhere in the UK will have or be expecting to have full A levels or the equivalent.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I've received an offer from a university for a course that is different to the one that I applied for. Are they allowed to do that? Am major confused

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.