Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by apo1324)
    lmao. I'm sorry about that. I went to the open day on the 16th March 2011. Good Luck with your choices.
    Thanks an to be fair systems eng really interested me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airbus.Boeing)
    Thanks an to be fair systems eng really interested me
    I hope to see you at Loughborough if its ur first choice then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by apo1324)
    I hope to see you at Loughborough if its ur first choice then.
    Maybe lol still waiting to hear back from Glasgow before I cam firm anything. Oh well...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J420)
    Unconditionals : Keele,- business management+economics , Kent- International business
    Waiting for : Heriot watt- International business management

Does anyone have any advice on which uni to pick? Im leaning towards Kent although scottland is free...
    Kent. Excellent international links. And my bro's there and loves it.

ReputationRep:
    Ugh. I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I have offers from Dundee and Aberdeen for Geography (MA) (although I'm still waiting on Edinburgh and Stirling). I went to visit Aberdeen recently and I absolutely fell in love with the place. However, I think the general consensus is that as Dundee's Geography course is in the top 20 in the UK (according to the Guardian university guide - which Aberdeen is no. 45 in - as well as generally hearing about it), it would be a wiser move to go there than Aberdeen. I'm really torn. Aberdeen's offer is also considerably harder than Dundee's (BBBB and AB respectively), so I don't know if it's worth working so hard to get into Aberdeen when I could have given myself a break this year and got into a better course. Thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vitamin D)
    Ugh. I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I have offers from Dundee and Aberdeen for Geography (MA) (although I'm still waiting on Edinburgh and Stirling). I went to visit Aberdeen recently and I absolutely fell in love with the place. However, I think the general consensus is that as Dundee's Geography course is in the top 20 in the UK (according to the Guardian university guide - which Aberdeen is no. 45 in - as well as generally hearing about it), it would be a wiser move to go there than Aberdeen. I'm really torn. Aberdeen's offer is also considerably harder than Dundee's (BBBB and AB respectively), so I don't know if it's worth working so hard to get into Aberdeen when I could have given myself a break this year and got into a better course. Thoughts?
    At the end of the day its about going somewhere you'll be happiest at, and if you loved Aberdeen then its worth working hard to get the grades. There is no point going to Dundee just because of its position in league tables, which after all arent always reliable. Aberdeen is still a very good uni so its hardly going to dent graduate prospects by going there. And if you were to use your geography degree to go outside of scotland Aberdeen is more well known.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jelly1000)
    At the end of the day its about going somewhere you'll be happiest at, and if you loved Aberdeen then its worth working hard to get the grades. There is no point going to Dundee just because of its position in league tables, which after all arent always reliable. Aberdeen is still a very good uni so its hardly going to dent graduate prospects by going there. And if you were to use your geography degree to go outside of scotland Aberdeen is more well known.
    Ah, thank you it's nice to have someone support me! I think half of the doubt has came from family/friends etc saying, "But Aberdeen is so far away! You'll miss home too much!" I was thinking recently of canceling my other two choices so I could firm Aberdeen now, but I'm too curious

ReputationRep:
    Applied for History v110.
    I just firmed Glasgow, and put down Stirling as my insurance.
    So glad that parts over

I have a couple of questions about UCAS adjustment though ( I know its early, but oh well), and I was wondering if this would be the right place to ask?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I may have already posted this, but still...
    York- Politics with international Relations- Conditional
    Exeter- International Relations- Conditional
    Birmingham- International Relations- Conditional
    Sussex- Politics and IR- Conditional
    Manchester- Politics and IR- Unsuccessful

I'm in doubt about which unis to pick.. Would be grateful if someone could give any advice...
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Escocia)
    Applied for History v110.
    I just firmed Glasgow, and put down Stirling as my insurance.
    So glad that parts over

I have a couple of questions about UCAS adjustment though ( I know its early, but oh well), and I was wondering if this would be the right place to ask?
    UCAS - Adjustment

(Original post by bethnal_green)
    Hey, I may have already posted this, but still...
    York- Politics with international Relations- Conditional
    Exeter- International Relations- Conditional
    Birmingham- International Relations- Conditional
    Sussex- Politics and IR- Conditional
    Manchester- Politics and IR- Unsuccessful

I'm in doubt about which unis to pick.. Would be grateful if someone could give any advice...
    Thanks
    Firm and insurance choices

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Routhy)
    TUO Sheffield: Japanese and Linguistics - Conditional
    TUO Manchester: Japanese and English - Unsuccessful
    TUO Newcastle: Japanese and English - Unsuccessful
    School of Oriental and African Studies: Japanese and Linguistics - No reply
    Oxford Brookes: Japanese and English - Unsuccessful

I'm doing an Access course, so I cannot resit any modules, and have failed 2 of Sheffield's module requirements (Distinction) by one grade. So I'm now having to consider holding out for two months and hoping Sheffield still accepts me, or cutting my losses now and going into UCAS extra.

D:
    whats an access course?
    The offers are the other way around for me XD I got rejected for Japanese studies at sheffield, but got conditional offers for the same course at manchester, newcastle and leeds.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Lunalocket)
    whats an access course?
    The offers are the other way around for me XD I got rejected for Japanese studies at sheffield, but got conditional offers for the same course at manchester, newcastle and leeds.
    It's just like a foundation year to lay the basics for future study in a subject

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ecosse_14)
    It's just like a foundation year to lay the basics for future study in a subject
    A foundation year is usually subject-specific or a general direction. An Access course however comprises of various different subjects, however the aim is also to lead to higher education (hence the Access to HE). Trying to study japanese after an access course, seems like a hard route, unless there are access courses that teach languages too?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Danzii)
    A foundation year is usually subject-specific or a general direction. An Access course however comprises of various different subjects, however the aim is also to lead to higher education (hence the Access to HE). Trying to study japanese after an access course, seems like a hard route, unless there are access courses that teach languages too?
    Oh right cool, thanks for that. The access courses I've heard of have been subject-specific but I'm no expert in the area.

ReputationRep:
    Quick question...I had one offer for medicine and received a letter from UCAS prior to firming it as I had still one decision to get. I firmed it after that and wonder if I should be receiving anything else from UCAS or is that it all finished with?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pheebs1201)
    I've decided to firm Bristol & insure Cardiff :-) x
    Good choice
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by sweetchilli)
    Quick question...I had one offer for medicine and received a letter from UCAS prior to firming it as I had still one decision to get. I firmed it after that and wonder if I should be receiving anything else from UCAS or is that it all finished with?
    You should receive something that has a summary of your choices stating which is your firm, etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ecosse_14)
    You should receive something that has a summary of your choices stating which if your firm, etc.
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Got offers from LSE - Int'l Relations, Westminster - Int'l Relations and Spanish. BUT, rejected from London Met - Int'l Law and Relations. I was like...WTF. London Met offers me a foundation year course though.
    I don't know which one to firm, LSE or Westminster... I'd like to do an Int'l Relations and language with a year abroad (Only Westminster offers that) - but I hear that LSE is really reputable.
    Help?

ReputationRep:
    Loughborough Uni Systems Eng or Glasgow Uni Aeronautical Eng? :/

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Thu, 1 Jan '70
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Thu, 1 Jan '70
  • Birmingham City University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 1 Jan '70
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.