Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Discuss your 2010-11 UCAS decisions *HERE* watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc13177)
    Check whether it says 14 days or working days...
    14 days

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purplestarfish)
    HELP! I replied to my offers, but want to change my insurance!
    However, my deadline for this (14 days after I have received my AS9 letter) would be Monday 2nd May, and UCAS customer services are closed tomorrow and Monday..

Would I be able to ring them on Tuesday and still change my insurance choice?

So stressed!!
    You'll have to ring and find out, I'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    hey guys!

just wondering, do i need to send my A level results once its been announce? or has it been done automatically? and does it work for international students too?

cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by patsseh)
    hey guys!

just wondering, do i need to send my A level results once its been announce? or has it been done automatically? and does it work for international students too?

cheers
    See http://www.ucas.com/students/results/examresults

It should work for international students assuming your Exam Board is UK based.

ReputationRep:
    My firm is the University of Edinburgh, insurance is Glasgow, both with Neuroscience. Was certainly worth the wait, though I kind of miss the thrill of getting a reply .

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I've been offered a conditional for the FdA Textiles course at the AUCB in Bournemouth for 2012. When i went to my interview it was for the course starting this September 2011.

I rang them when i was offered it for 2012 and they said that the course was full up and I am now currently on a waiting list for 2011- how annoying! Anyway I was wondering if anyone else was in a similar situation and would it be likely i would be offered a place for September 2011 during the summer months!?!

Thank yoooo x x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kateslatz)
    Hi,

I've been offered a conditional for the FdA Textiles course at the AUCB in Bournemouth for 2012. When i went to my interview it was for the course starting this September 2011.

I rang them when i was offered it for 2012 and they said that the course was full up and I am now currently on a waiting list for 2011- how annoying! Anyway I was wondering if anyone else was in a similar situation and would it be likely i would be offered a place for September 2011 during the summer months!?!

Thank yoooo x x
    It's possible - but only the uni can tell you how likely it is. It's worth finding out how many are on the waiting list and where you are on it.

ReputationRep:
    How long does it take to get a letter from UCAS to confirm your decisions? I chose my firm almost two weeks ago and haven't heard anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kelz_26)
    How long does it take to get a letter from UCAS to confirm your decisions? I chose my firm almost two weeks ago and haven't heard anything.
    Probably held up in the bank holiday post.

ReputationRep:
    I've just been rejected by King's College London and wanted an opinion on it...

I don't want to sound arrogant, but I applied with 10 A*s at GCSE and 2 A*s and an A at A Level (I'm on a gap year) and as the offer was for AAB, and there was no interview, I don't really understand why they rejected me.

I wouldn't mind so much had I not been rejected from Cambridge and UCL already, and if I didn't want to go to King's so much.

Any thoughts/sympathy would be lovely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elky312)

I don't want to sound arrogant, but I applied with 10 A*s at GCSE and 2 A*s and an A at A Level (I'm on a gap year) and as the offer was for AAB, and there was no interview, I don't really understand why they rejected me.

I wouldn't mind so much had I not been rejected from Cambridge and UCL already, and if I didn't want to go to King's so much.

I am sorry you are disappointed, but only KCL can explain their decision. Many of their courses are highly competitive, so meeting or even exceeding their minimum entry requirements is not enough of itself to get you an offer. It sounds to me as if there may have been something missing from your PS, but you'll have to ask them about that.

ReputationRep:

hey there!
    sorry hear that, but what did u apply for?
    tbh, i cant understand it either, u do have excellent grades! What did other people say about ur ps?

ReputationRep:

My friend applied there for English with his grades; A*A*AA, with an A* at AS aswell, and got rejected for a second time! Loads of EC's and a great personal statement, so made no sense! Just incredibly competitive I suppose

ReputationRep:
    I am sending copies of my certificates to my university and it says to write my UCAS number on the top of each document. Is this the same as the personal ID?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    I am sending copies of my certificates to my university and it says to write my UCAS number on the top of each document. Is this the same as the personal ID?
    Edinburgh require you to send certificates?
    Yeah, it's just the number you used to log into 'Apply'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ecosse_14)
    Yeah, I thought all universities did if you firmed an unconditional?

ReputationRep:
    Copies....
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Yeah, I thought all universities did if you firmed an unconditional?
    (Original post by Minerva)
    Copies....
    Noone I know ever sent copies of their certificates.. or maybe they did.
    Didn't think you'd need to since SQA tell them your results anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Noone I know ever sent copies of their certificates.. or maybe they did.
    Didn't think you'd need to since SQA tell them your results anyway.
    SQA only tell them if you have a conditional and are waiting for your results this year before you definitely have a place.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    SQA only tell them if you have a conditional and are waiting for your results this year before you definitely have a place.
    I'm pretty sure SQA told uni's for my friends who had unconditionals and for the people I've met at uni too :dontknow:

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.