Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got an acknowledgement from Heriot Watt?

ReputationRep:
    I've lost my motive after receiving 2nd offer...

Nottingham is asking for AB or BBB (yeah, whilst their typical offer is AAA/AABB (AAB/ABBB for International student = what I am, though.)

I know I should be happy about lowered offer but...don't know why, I can't.

I started to regret about my choices...and thinking "Shouldn't, or why didn't I apply to a better institution instead of one of (SOAS, Notts or Manchester)" (TBH I don't think there're many viable choices though, as UCL rejected me straight (i.e. LSE and Warwick probably won't want me as well) away and those 3 aren't really bad anyway...)

It makes me want to drop music and business studies as I no longer need them (big sigh)

ReputationRep:
    Conditional offers from Leeds, Nottingham, UEA and Kent! I'm just waiting on Bristol, but I'd say with my AS's an offer is most unlikely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asabashoyuki)
    I've lost my motive after receiving 2nd offer...

Nottingham is asking for AB or BBB (yeah, whilst their typical offer is AAA/AABB (AAB/ABBB for International student = what I am, though.?

I know I should be happy about lowered offer but...I don't know why, I can't.

I started to regret about my choices...and thinking "Shouldn't, or why didn't I apply to a better institution instead of one of (SOAS, Notts or Manchester)" (TBH I don't think there're many viable choices though, as UCL rejected me straight (i.e. LSE and Warwick probably won't want me as well) away and those 3 aren't really bad anyway...)

It makes me want to drop music and business studies as I no longer need them (big sigh)
    I mean in all fairness, the unis you just mentioned are solid. SOAS and Nottingham are top notch. Unless you picked Oxbridge, the difference between Nottingham and a uni ranked above it is marginal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andrespi)
    Just got my first rejection from Bath. I'm totally sad, it was my second choice after Aston (still waiting decision from Aston). At least I got in the previous weeks an unconditional offer from Westminster and a conditional from Hull (so I'm safe).
    Have you visited both Aston and Hull? The Politics Department at Hull is awesome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophielou92)
    University: University of Glamorgan
    Course: Psychology with Criminology
    Date Application sent: 5th Nov.
    Decision: Conditional
    Offer conditions: Welsh Bac + BB.
    Your reaction: eeee, but its not Cardiff. reply munaaaa
    I got the offers from the same places as you, so you never know we could be comparing notes x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by notanumber)
    Have you visited both Aston and Hull? The Politics Department at Hull is awesome.
    No, I can't visit them, I'm an oversea student (from Italy). It would cost too much time and money to come for just a few days. I have to rely exclusively on opinions on the internet.

By the way it's good to know about Hull politics department. I heard many good things about it. Have you visited it in person?
    There is only one thing that bothers me: at Hull they offer only a 6 month internship for their politics degree, while at Aston I would have a full whole year of placement abroad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stuck4aname)
    University: Lancaster
    Course: Law and Criminology LLB
    Date Application sent: 13th October
    Offer conditions: A (already have AB)
    Your reaction: YESSSSSSSSSSS! First choice!!!
    woo well done

ReputationRep:
    I've got interviews at Cumbria (Lancaster) and Edge Hill in the next few weeks!
    I've also applied to Durham and Sheffield Hallam for Primary Teaching, does anybody know when these will get back to me?

Well done on your offers everybody too!

ReputationRep:
    Will be sending mine off in next few days

Quite worried actually in case I've done anything wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adamrules247)
    Will be sending mine off in next few days

Quite worried actually in case I've done anything wrong
    How's it going?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambo211)
    How's it going?
    All done. I've just got to put the personal statement in and press pay and send

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adamrules247)
    All done. I've just got to put the personal statement in and press pay and send
    Good good.

Best of luck :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambo211)
    Good good.

Best of luck :yy:
    Many thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andrespi)
    No, I can't visit them, I'm an oversea student (from Italy). It would cost too much time and money to come for just a few days. I have to rely exclusively on opinions on the internet.

By the way it's good to know about Hull politics department. I heard many good things about it. Have you visited it in person?
    There is only one thing that bothers me: at Hull they offer only a 6 month internship for their politics degree, while at Aston I would have a full whole year of placement abroad.
    Whilst Aston is better rated than Hull as a university, the politics department at Hull is much better than Aston's. Hull appealed to me much more than Aston because of the university setting - much nicer campus, great students union, friendlier, bigger. The internship programmes are different, but Hull definitely has superb opportunities for placement in Westminster (I think there are about 40 interns a year down there) or in America. I don't know anything about Aston's scheme and how that compares though.
    Good luck in whatever you choose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexandra289)
    University: Roehampton
    Course: English
    Date Application sent: 15th September
    Offer conditions:No idea! I already have my grades which are higher than the entrance requirements!
    Your reaction: Last choice but relieved to have an offer. Confused by 'conditional'
    Keele did that to me...it might be an oversight on their part, or conditional upon them receiving copies of your certificates. I'd recommend giving the Admissions Team a call as they should be able to confirm it for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mad265)
    University: Leicester
    Course: French and Italian (Ab Initio)
    Date Application sent: 13th October
    Offer conditions: ABB including French
    Your reaction: :banana2:

It's my backup, so now I am highly relieved. Just gotta wait for the other 4 now.
    Awesome Well done xx

ReputationRep:
    Conditional for Brunel to study politics, and due to the fact I already have an A Level I only need 160 points this year from 3 A Levels, looking at 2A grades and a C. so happy, think it's going to be my firm choice because of the placement year.

HOWEVER, I had a bit of a panic as the entrance requirements increased and the course name changed from what I thought it was when I applied.

Politics with Professional Development, assume that's because of the placement year?

This was longwinded :-/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gabriela)
    University: LSE
    Course:Law (M100)
    Date Application sent: 6th October
    Decision: conditional
    Offer conditions: A*AA
    Your reaction: I need to ring my Mum
    i like this =]
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Gabriela)
    University: LSE
    Course:Law (M100)
    Date Application sent: 6th October
    Decision: conditional
    Offer conditions: A*AA
    Your reaction: I need to ring my Mum
    Congratulations!!!!

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
  3. Birmingham City University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.