Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gabriela)
    any particular reason?
    coz LSE is a ***** to get into :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nofish4u)
    coz LSE is a ***** to get into :P
    haha that's what I thought to be honest i didn't like it as much as my other choices but I am happy they gave me an offer, as they are the only uni that don't want the LNAT from my choices haha

ReputationRep:
    haha that's what I thought to be honest i didn't like it as much as my other choices but I am happy they gave me an offer, as they are the only uni that don't want the LNAT from my choices haha
    good luck with the other choices =] wish oxford would start dishing out the interview invites :P

ReputationRep:
    good luck with the other choices =] wish oxford would start dishing out the interview invites :P
    me too :P they keep on sending me some emails about how they will inform me later :confused: I got one yesterday and one today so I would assume they will start sending them out pretty soon I am really excited

ReputationRep:
    me too :P they keep on sending me some emails about how they will inform me later :confused: I got one yesterday and one today so I would assume they will start sending them out pretty soon I am really excited
    Pembroke told me i would hear in the last week of November... URG AGES

ReputationRep:
    Pembroke told me i would hear in the last week of November... URG AGES
    Christ Church told me the same the first time round then they sent me an email requesting some accommodation requirements for when the interviews are, and then yesterday and today they sent me emails saying the same thing that they will inform me whether i am shortlisted or not every time I see an email from them my heart pounds like crazy and then it's so frustrating when I actually read the email lol

Fingers crossed for you. Pembroke is a lovely college

ReputationRep:
    so is christ church... right across the road isnt it *wink wink*

ReputationRep:
    so is christ church... right across the road isnt it *wink wink*
    haha cheeky :P I hope we get in...all this waiting is driving me insane

ReputationRep:
    Congrats everyone.

ReputationRep:
    Lol we got our own thread

ReputationRep:
    A thread link as a title for another thread with the inclusion of the thread post but not the inclusion of the thread link in the new posted thread? :curious:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adamrules247)
    Applying for History and Politics at:

University of Dundee
    University of Stirling
    University of Keele

and History at

Bangor University

Just wish I'd worked harder/had some decent teachers and I'm pretty sure I'd be going somewhere completely different (and better)
    Aw man don't diss Dundee, I want to go there and I don't see it as below other universities at all .
    Anyway hopefully getting my UCAS sent off this week coming. Anyone applying to Glasgow Caley should know they've started giving out offers, my friend got an unconditional a few days ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -beads-)
    A thread link as a title for another thread with the inclusion of the thread post but not the inclusion of the thread link in the new posted thread? :curious:
    Its for VIP trolls like me and gabby
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Christ Church told me the same the first time round then they sent me an email requesting some accommodation requirements for when the interviews are, and then yesterday and today they sent me emails saying the same thing that they will inform me whether i am shortlisted or not every time I see an email from them my heart pounds like crazy and then it's so frustrating when I actually read the email lol

Same! I was refreshing my email CC Admissions and was like OMG! Then realised they had just repeated themselves to annoy me -__- In the email they said they're sending by post, I shall now camp out by my mail box!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asabashoyuki)
    I've lost my motive after receiving 2nd offer...

Nottingham is asking for AB or BBB (yeah, whilst their typical offer is AAA/AABB (AAB/ABBB for International student = what I am, though.)

I know I should be happy about lowered offer but...don't know why, I can't.

I started to regret about my choices...and thinking "Shouldn't, or why didn't I apply to a better institution instead of one of (SOAS, Notts or Manchester)" (TBH I don't think there're many viable choices though, as UCL rejected me straight (i.e. LSE and Warwick probably won't want me as well) away and those 3 aren't really bad anyway...)

It makes me want to drop music and business studies as I no longer need them (big sigh)
    Chin up mate.

I'm in the same boat as you, Predicted A*A*A and have my ucl rejection, standard. not expecting **** all from LSE and I only have manchester and cardiff offers. worst comes to worst, I/you will still be at a top russell group standard university anyway.
    I would be surprised if you didnt get an interview from oxford - i've been offered a cambs interview. you never know...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noodlzzz)
    Same! I was refreshing my email CC Admissions and was like OMG! Then realised they had just repeated themselves to annoy me -__- In the email they said they're sending by post, I shall now camp out by my mail box!
    hahaha I know the feeling I hope they reply soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anti)
    University: Royal Holloway
    Course: Q300 English
    Date Application sent: 22nd October
    Decision: Conditional
    Offer conditions: AAB
    Your reaction: WAHOO! Now I need to find my way there and actually check it out... looks like I'll be making plans for a day trip to London!
    Just to say, went to see it, is gorgeous, huge big buildings, new accommodation is great, lovely campus, but it is not really in London, its in Egham which is actually a pretty small town. A girl who took us on the tour said its just a little high street but can get into London in around half an hour probably.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greebo-man)
    Chin up mate.

I'm in the same boat as you, Predicted A*A*A and have my ucl rejection, standard. not expecting **** all from LSE and I only have manchester and cardiff offers. worst comes to worst, I/you will still be at a top russell group standard university anyway.
    I would be surprised if you didnt get an interview from oxford - i've been offered a cambs interview. you never know...
    Hey, thanks for reply/

(*Staring at the user name thinking something's strange*
    *Checking email inbox and outbox*

Oh s......didn't realise that I didn't reply your mail (that one you sent two weeks ago ) (facepalm

Anyway, yeah...at least Manchester is still a member Russell group, quality should be OK
    (Did you apply for BEconSc or BA?)

Nah, I don't think it's surprise-able that if Oxford give me straight rejection...
    I'm a weak applicant (GCSE, AL chosen subject-wise), might did reasonably well on part I of TSA but I screwed up part II so TSA probably won't help either. It would be a miracle if they give me a chance :rolleyes:

Best of luck to your LSE app and Cambridge interview!

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.