Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Okay, i will start from the beginning, 3 or 4 years ago when i was about 15 i was seeing this older guy. it was all lovely, no problems at all until my friend kicked off saying she was in love with him and had been for 4 years(which makes her like 11), which caused a lot of tension, especially seeing as she had introduced me to him. Being a good friend i ended it, and since then she has done it to every guy i have been with saying she likes them or what ever and all of my relationships have failed because of it.

Anyway, back to the point.. i didn't see this guy for like a year and on friday i bumped into him and everything came back, so we sat and chatted for a bit and he told me he hadnt seen anyone else since me because it didnt feel right, told me he loved me and has never stopped... i could see in his eyes that he still had feelings for me and i wasnt really sure if i had feelings for him. He is such a nice guy and treats me like a princess... i mean seriously i've never met someone more genuine than him. when we had broken up, he came to my house and started reciting romeo and juliet outside my window trying to get back with me and i just couldnt because of my friend and personal problems.

Saturday night some how by coincidence we ended up at the same house for this gathering and all his friends were telling me how much he loves me and how we should have never let my friend get between us. i never felt anything bad towards him and never really stopped caring, what do i do?

should i talk to him about how i feel,(even if i'm not sure myself), try and get back with him and let my friend get over it.. or do i just keep on being single until i start uni.. he's nearly 23 as well, and i'm only 18, is that a problem? i just don't wanna lead him on or give him false hope if i am going to realise i don't wanna be with him.. please help me..i really don't wanna hurt the only guy that has ever treated me right and it would be a shame to hurt the friendship that we have still. :/

ReputationRep:
    you could probably try just going on a few dates, but tell him you'll be starting uni soon, so he'll know you'll be preoccupied. I wouldn't let your friend get in the way- it's time you showed her she should've got there first.

Don't lead him on if you have no feelings for him

ReputationRep:
    1. You're an idiot and he most likely deserves someone who isn't as ******* retarded as you are.

2. ***** slap this 'friend' of yours and tell her to **** off and live her own life rather than leeching off of yours.

ReputationRep:
    Be with him, don't let friends get in the way because love is love and nothing can change that. Although it may seem that you have to always be loyal to friends they sometimes don't have the best intentions... Jealousy is a powerful thing! On the other hand if I broke up with my boy of over 3 years and another girl got with him I wouldn't be so amiable to her haha! It's a sensitive issue but if she's doing it to you about other boys as well then ignore her, sounds like she has issues.

If you still love him just apologise and tell him you want to be with him

Hope this helped

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abbi.blythe)
    Be with him, don't let friends get in the way because love is love and nothing can change that. Although it may seem that you have to always be loyal to friends they sometimes don't have the best intentions... Jealousy is a powerful thing! On the other hand if I broke up with my boy of over 3 years and another girl got with him I wouldn't be so amiable to her haha! It's a sensitive issue but if she's doing it to you about other boys as well then ignore her, sounds like she has issues.

If you still love him just apologise and tell him you want to be with him

Hope this helped
    they were never actually together, they kissed each other in spin the bottle and she decided he was the one for her and made everyone hate me when we got together. i have tried to be loyal to her but she is making my life so much harder because every time i try and move on she brings it all back up or likes the guy im with which puts me in a really bad situation. i dont know how i feel, i just know that when i saw him after all that time my heart kind of stopped and i got butterflies and didnt want to see him anyone else. is this me being jealous or do i still love him? i mean 3 years is a long time to like someone, and we were together two or three times. and im not going to uni till next october... and it is only like an hour away anyway :/ x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Final Fantasy)
    1. You're an idiot and he most likely deserves someone who isn't as ******* retarded as you are.

2. ***** slap this 'friend' of yours and tell her to **** off and live her own life rather than leeching off of yours.

looool. rep!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Final Fantasy)

Well i know i was an idiot, but i was going through a lot at the time and needed my friend to be there. i thought i was doing the right thing. and this wasnt just any normal family problems, i was really unwell and had to have MRI scans and all kinds of tests to see if i had cancerous tumour :/ and he knows how hard that has been for me. i did get the all clear though, luckily
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by ElectronicPanda)
    you could probably try just going on a few dates, but tell him you'll be starting uni soon, so he'll know you'll be preoccupied. I wouldn't let your friend get in the way- it's time you showed her she should've got there first.
    Yeah- this sounds about right.
    Take it slowly so you can be sure you like him before you go any further, just go on dates and stuff- and mention about uni and all that. But dont let your mate get in the way of anything. She sounds like she is jealous and wants what she cant have.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 3, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.