Turn on thread page Beta

Should I mess up my (ex) best friends life? watch

ReputationRep:
    Don't do it cos it's not fair on the boyfriend. He hasn't been a **** to you so why ruin his life as well? Just put laxatives in her tea or something.

ReputationRep:
    Rise above it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    She basically started to lose contact with me, didnt return my calls or answer 95% of them. She lied to me quite a bit, about things you dont lie to your best friend about. And now I feel like she is hiding a lot of things from when she could have trusted me. In some ways she has manipulated me. We used ot be so close and honest to each other.

This has gone on for a year now and now I almost feel used and treated like a nobody. After feeling sad and frustrated with her behaviour I have this temptation to go tell her parents that she has been dating someone and due to the culture her parents are from, they would be seriously pissed off.
    I would tell them anonymously by sending a letter saying 'your daughter has a boyfriend callled 'xyz from xyz''

So should I do it? she has made me bitter I know, but after 10 years of friendship, for her to become a ***** I think she needs a reminder not to **** about.

Don't do it. Don't lower yourself to that level of behaviour. She has clearly hurt you but honestly, hurting her in return will not make you feel any better and you really could create a situation or consequences that you haven't foreseen and then you would really regret your actions. I would try and put all of what has happened behind you and instead concentrate on finding a really good new friend who will be the kind of friend you deserve. Revenge isn't really a good thing, ever - it just makes you feel soiled and it doesn't even out the score.

ReputationRep:
    At least do something that only affects her, after all what did her boyfriend do to you?
    But honestly, you shouldn't do anything. You might get your little sweet ass revenge now, but the situation could turn round and bite you in the ass somehow.

ReputationRep:
    I love all the people taking the moral highground :daydreaming:

Do it for the lulz, and post results here. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Get back at her by never talking to her again. Thats what'll really get her.

ReputationRep:
    It might make you feel better, but it could also backfire on you, so be careful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wludeen)
    wait so her boyfriend's name is the same as where he's from?
    I was going to write something, but then this made me LOL.:cool:

ReputationRep:
    how petty are you ?

ReputationRep:
    So you have no idea what's going on in her life, but want to punish her because she's not paying you enough attention? Right...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    She basically started to lose contact with me, didnt return my calls or answer 95% of them. She lied to me quite a bit, about things you dont lie to your best friend about. And now I feel like she is hiding a lot of things from when she could have trusted me. In some ways she has manipulated me. We used ot be so close and honest to each other.

This has gone on for a year now and now I almost feel used and treated like a nobody. After feeling sad and frustrated with her behaviour I have this temptation to go tell her parents that she has been dating someone and due to the culture her parents are from, they would be seriously pissed off.
    I would tell them anonymously by sending a letter saying 'your daughter has a boyfriend callled 'xyz from xyz''

So should I do it? she has made me bitter I know, but after 10 years of friendship, for her to become a ***** I think she needs a reminder not to **** about.
    How vile.

You sound like a silly television character.

As they say, you do not quench fire with fire.

If I was to have discovered myself in this predicament, I would end the relationship quietly and amicably, so as to avoid further...warfare.

Take the path of the good, young one.:yep:

ReputationRep:
    Don't be a ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CityOfMyHeart)
    Be the better person and leave it. If she doesn't treat you right then why waste your effort on her?
    This. I know how you feel OP, I'd feel angry too, but be the more mature one and leave it.

ReputationRep:
    If you have an ounce of maturity, you would know not to bother.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizlaz350)
    I had a friend like that - we had enough and just stopped talking to her.

She lied about loads of things like having a boyfriend and being pregnant, so once when my friend and I saw her in town with her dad, we went up to her and asked how the baby was. Her dad did not look impressed.
    Haha, that's funny! :mmm:

EDIT: Oops! Forgot about the main Q.

Anyhow, OP, I don't think you should do it, I've been in the exact same position as you and you really don't want to lower yourself to her standard.

ReputationRep:
    Trust me, after you do it you would realise you'd be off feeling much better if you didn't do it.

If she made you bitter, you cared about your friendship with her. In a way, you care about her, still. Doing this would only make things worse.

Let her realise she's a b*itch on her own, in due time.

ReputationRep:
    i would say do it...
    well actually it depends how pissed off her parents would be?
    if she just gets grounded or whatever then why not, the ***** deserves to be treated how she acts!
    if her parents would seriously ruin her life, it's not worth it and u may end up feeling really guilty.
    i think it might be better if u and everyone else who no longer likes her just ignores her, give her the treatment she's been giving u, maybe lie to her about things. be the bigger woman here!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 3, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.