Turn on thread page Beta

I need to find out if i am able to take a prescription medicine with paracemtol, who do i contact to ask this?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Go to a local chemist? What is the medicine?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I need to find out if i am able to take a prescription medicine with paracemtol, who do i contact to ask this?

Thanks
    If it doesn't say anything about this on the leaflet you were given with your prescription meds, then the best course of action is to contact your GP (or whoever it was that authorised it).
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Your doctor or a someone at your local chemist.

ReputationRep:
    There should be a little booklet that came with it that tells you things like this.
    Otherwise go to a pharmacy, even the prescription counter at boots, and ask there.

will it be ok to call them? as its quite far, and seeing as its a sunday only the larger pharmacys are open..eg. boots
    yeh it has a booklet with it but doesnt mention it

(Original post by tbm)
    Go to a local chemist? What is the medicine?
    it is ranitidine and beclomesasone hayfever relief nasal spray

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    will it be ok to call them? as its quite far, and seeing as its a sunday only the larger pharmacys are open..eg. boots
    yeh it has a booklet with it but doesnt mention it
    Boots should be able to help, I ask them about most things to do with my medication when I go to pick it up.
    But otherwise, yes. Phoning them should be fine.

Thank you - im pretty pants with things like this lol

ReputationRep:
    I was on ranitidine not long ago, are you using it for acid reflux/indigestion? I always took painkillers with it and never had any problems.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Final Fantasy)
    then the best course of action is to contact your GP
    Pharmacist for drug interactions

ReputationRep:
    Could probably try NHS direct by ringing them, failing that the chemist

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Emmz-)
    Pharmacist for drug interactions
    True, but depending on what someone may be taking and confidentiality, for instance if they're on antidepressants, they may not want to discuss it with a pharmacist but rather their GP who can check just as easily.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Final Fantasy)
    True, but depending on what someone may be taking and confidentiality, for instance if they're on antidepressants, they may not want to discuss it with a pharmacist but rather their GP who can check just as easily.
    True, but I don't know many GPs that are open on a Sunday. If OP was to phone a pharmacy that was open today and speak to the pharmacist it's be completely confidential and they wouldn't be speaking face to face. Pharmacists have to maintain patient confidentially too

I'd still recommend a pharmacist over a GP for a complicated drug-drug interaction, but this one is straightforward

Thanks guys i called the pharmacist

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Emmz-)
    True, but I don't know many GPs that are open on a Sunday. If OP was to phone a pharmacy that was open today and speak to the pharmacist it's be completely confidential and they wouldn't be speaking face to face. Pharmacists have to maintain patient confidentially too

I'd still recommend a pharmacist over a GP for a complicated drug-drug interaction, but this one is straightforward
    You're right. Those smilies are freaking me out though, replace them with fullstops.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 3, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.