Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone. I have this assignment to do and I've done a massive bulk of it but I just wondered whether you could tell me a few more things to include if i told you the questions. You don't have to give me whole sentences, just perhaps like 'Think about...' or 'Write about (this word' etc so i can expand on a few more points I may have missed.

Thankyou!:

1) Reasons for conserving animal and plant species in terms of economic, ecological, ethical and aesthetic reasons.

2) Consequences of global climate change on biodiversity of plants and animals with reference to changing patterns of agriculture and spread of disease

3) Benefits for agriculture of maintaining biodiversity of animal and plant species.

4) What is the conservation of endangered plant and animal species, both in situ and ex situ, with reference to the advantages and disadvantages of these two approaches.

5) Role of botanic gardens in the ex situ conservation of rare plant species or plant species extinct in the wild, with reference to seed banks.

:eek3: What are seed banks and botanic gardens? I can't get my head around them

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robpattinsonxxx)

:eek3: What are seed banks and botanic gardens? I can't get my head around them

Thanks
    Seed banks: A collection of seeds from different plant species. Useful because if a species were to become extinct we may be able to re-establish it.

Botanic gardens: Just a garden with lots of plant and tree species. Found in many towns and cities so can be a green space in otherwise industrial areas. Normally open to the public. Gardens are maintained and managed so conditions for species can sometimes be better than in wild.

:-)

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.