The Student Room Group

Guys, do you find long hair attractive on girls?

I'm not insecure about my looks, I was just wondering. :P: I have long hair, I get it layered at the hairdressers' so the shortest bits are shoulder length and then it comes down to just above waist length. I love my style and I frequently get complimented on it so I know it suits me but the other day I was talking to someone and I said "oh, I can't bring myself to get it cut shorter than this" and he replied "you might change your mind when you get to uni". This got me wondering whether it is fashionable to have long hair or does everyone get it cut short when they go to uni?! Do guys find girls attractive with long hair?

Scroll to see replies

what the hell....just have what you're comfortable with!
When will you women stop trying to live up to the non existence expectations of men....
Reply 2
It's fine, have your hair how you like.

Just because one male expressed a vaguely negative opinion on having long hair (even though he wasn't really being very critical), it doesn't mean all men will think the same.
Reply 3
Nahh there's loads of long hair going on at uni, that whole messed-up style. I've noticed girls often cut their hair short when they're in a long-term relationship though, weirdly...
Don't cut it!
Reply 5
Oh yeah, everyone that has long hair at uni is a total laughing stock and social outcast, it just isn't the done thing.
Have it how you want it. My hair's just a bit longer than waist length and I have no problems :s-smilie: And I'm at uni...
Reply 7
Even though I'm not a guy, I prefer my long hair as opposed to anything short.
But girls like frankie sandford pull it off really well.
Reply 8
I love long hair on girls! But its by no means a factor that decides whether I want a relationship with them or anything, haha!
Reply 9
<3 long hair.
Bella_Cullen
I'm not insecure about my looks, I was just wondering. :P: I have long hair, I get it layered at the hairdressers' so the shortest bits are shoulder length and then it comes down to just above waist length. I love my style and I frequently get complimented on it so I know it suits me but the other day I was talking to someone and I said "oh, I can't bring myself to get it cut shorter than this" and he replied "you might change your mind when you get to uni". This got me wondering whether it is fashionable to have long hair or does everyone get it cut short when they go to uni?! Do guys find girls attractive with long hair?

:lolwut: WTF. Why would you even need to ask that? That's such a stupid question. "Do girls get their hair cut short at Uni?" :facepalm: OMG OP.

Just have your hair however you want FFS. You don't need to make decisions on how you look based on whether it will attract a guy or not.

FYI I used to have fairly long hair, I got it cut super short about 9 months ago and I love it. It's made no difference whatsoever in terms of male attention, jeez.
Reply 11
sarahthegemini
:lolwut: WTF. Why would you even need to ask that? That's such a stupid question. "Do girls get their hair cut short at Uni?" :facepalm: OMG OP.

Just have your hair however you want FFS. You don't need to make decisions on how you look based on whether it will attract a guy or not.

FYI I used to have fairly long hair, I got it cut super short about 9 months ago and I love it. It's made no difference whatsoever in terms of male attention, jeez.

LOL, no need to go OTT! My question wasn't entirely serious, hence the exclamation point after the question mark. And as for why I would need to ask that, I'm just curious! :biggrin:
Reply 12
go short! it's great. you can even make a little faux hawk :love: :biggrin:
Reply 13
Yeah, love it. Arse-length hair on a woman is the sexiest thing ever. The shorter it is the less attractive it is to men, generally speaking. I don't think I've ever found a woman with less than shoulder-length hair attractive.
I Agree 100% with the poster above me. There ARE exceptions, but I think I speak for 99% of men when I say we prefer girls with longer hair :wink: Keep it as it is :smile: P.S to answer your question there are a lot of people with erm 'unique styles' at uni. They like to conform to not conform. LOL!
I now a family with 3 ginger girls who have never had a haircut in their lives. Their hair is ******* disgusting
Reply 16
I'd say shoulder length is perfect. Long hair is so much sexier than short.
Einheri
Yeah, love it. Arse-length hair on a woman is the sexiest thing ever. The shorter it is the less attractive it is to men, generally speaking. I don't think I've ever found a woman with less than shoulder-length hair attractive.

That's weird...
Reply 18
Longer hair is said to be feminine I think. But Carey Mulligan looks great with it short. Personal taste
Jeffy91
I'd say shoulder length is perfect. Long hair is so much sexier than short.

Shoulder length is classed as long hair :confused:

Latest