Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Sent off your application? Checking Track all times of day and night? This thread is for you

Some FAQ:

How long before UCAS sends me my Welcome letter?
    Usually within a few days. Do check it and make sure it's accurate as you won't be able to change any of your choices after 14 days.

How soon can I log in to Track?
    When you get your Welcome letter you will be given the details you need. Some people do manage to get in before their Welcome letter arrives, by using their UCAS registration number (without the dashes/spaces) and hitting the 'I've forgotten my password' option.

When does Track update?
    Track updates at any time, even at weekends, when the unis send through decisions, and this is supposed to generate an email notification to you. See this thread for examples of how randomly timed these can be. Nevertheless, it is possible to log in and find a decision you haven't received the 'Your Track has Updated' email for.

How long before I hear anything?
    Nobody can say. Some people get offers within 48 hours; others wait for weeks or months without hearing anything, not even an acknowledgement. Where used (many unis and/or courses don't send them) acknowledgements are generated automatically and their timing and content is of no significance whatsoever.

Someone else has got an offer for the same course/uni that I've applied for, but I haven't heard anything yet. Does that mean I'm certain to be rejected?
    No.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the post.

One question:

You're able to "change your choices"?

How does this work?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Prejudice)
    Thanks for the post.

One question:

You're able to "change your choices"?

How does this work?
    If it's within 14 days of the date on your welcome letter, you can phone UCAS or use "substitute choice" on Track. If it's after 14 days you can't. If it's only just after you may be able to phone UCAS and beg, but don't count on it.

ReputationRep:
    I feel at home in this thread.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not waiting for news but *watch* anyway, just because its interesting

ReputationRep:
    I'm waiting for news, man. I know they won't decide for aaaages but I'm just too anxious. I want replies, now! D:

ReputationRep:
    You know what? I feel at home in this thread already! And I haven't even sent off my UCAS application...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Hey,

My application got sent off this morning by my tutor, all paid for. How long do you think it'll be before UCAS contact me with my track info?
    And anyone have any feedback as to how fast these unis make offer?

York
    Nottingham
    Lincoln
    UEA (University of East Anglia)

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeonM)
    You know what? I feel at home in this thread already! And I haven't even sent off my UCAS application...
    This! Even though we might not even get replies until after Christmas...it's all exciting stuff!

ReputationRep:
    Just the fact that this thread is already open makes me happy. I'm just really anxious to start getting acknowledgements and all that. Can't wait! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    You could log into track now, if you wanted to, by just using your UCAS ID, Username, and Password that you used on Apply. That's what I did and it was way before the letter came in. I'm obsessive about checking things so if you just want to log in to see how it looks, go for it! And good luck with your application!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by EcstaticMuse)
    You could log into track now, if you wanted to, by just using your UCAS ID, Username, and Password that you used on Apply. That's what I did and it was way before the letter came in. I'm obsessive about checking things so if you just want to log in to see how it looks, go for it! And good luck with your application!
    thank you very much =) i'll try it now

ReputationRep:
    Dont you have to have the welcome letter sent first before you can log into UCAS Track?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I'm applying to Notts, York and UEA as well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soutioirsim)
    Dont you have to have the welcome letter sent first before you can log into UCAS Track?
    No, it does tell you to wait for it because your ID might change, but you can try it as soon as it is sent off and there is a pretty good chance it will work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rubgish)
    No, it does tell you to wait for it because your ID might change, but you can try it as soon as it is sent off and there is a pretty good chance it will work.
    This. :yep:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by yahyahyahs)
    I'm applying to Notts, York and UEA as well!
    awesome! prob won't see you though as Lincoln is both my firm and insurance. Applying to UEA for my Doctorate though

ReputationRep:
    I've applied to Roehampton, Queen Mary, Leeds, Newcastle and Edinburgh. I know I'll be waiting months on Edinburgh but does anyone know how long the others will take?

Waiting for news really is driving me crazy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lozzyhickers)

x
    Hey, I've noticed your applying to Lincoln for psychology, I'm considering it but don't know much about it, have you visited?

ReputationRep:
    Ah, I will find a lovely home on this thread. I've applied to St Andrews, Durham, York, Warwick and Imperial (though that might change to KCL in the next 14 days).

If I live overseas, how long do you think it will take before I get my Track information in the post?
    Good luck, everyone.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 10, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.