Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    That gut renching feeling when you see your first 'Unsuccessful' makes you feel so down. :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matthew93)
    That gut renching feeling when you see your first 'Unsuccessful' makes you feel so down. :/
    What are you applying for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kelz_26)
    Politics and/or International Relations. I read your sig, doing well on the offer front i see ;D

ReputationRep:
    Politics and/or International Relations. I read your sig, doing well on the offer front i see ;D
    Oh yeah, I remember now! Where is your first choice? Yeah I'm really happy with my offers, just waiting on my first choice but I'm sure it's going to be unsuccessful.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard anything from Edinburgh yet? I'm now officially dreaming of offers, not even in sleep does the waiting game end...

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah, I remember now! Where is your first choice? Yeah I'm really happy with my offers, just waiting on my first choice but I'm sure it's going to be unsuccessful.
    My first choice is Edinburgh too haha but i'm also sure it's going to be unsucessful! So you should be happy, 4 nice unconditionals to take your pick from! I'm sure it'll be 5 soon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minerva)
    Sent off your application? Checking Track all times of day and night? This thread is for you

Some FAQ:

How long before UCAS sends me my Welcome letter?
    Usually within a few days. Do check it and make sure it's accurate as you won't be able to change any of your choices after 14 days.

How soon can I log in to Track?
    When you get your Welcome letter you will be given the details you need. Some people do manage to get in before their Welcome letter arrives, by using their UCAS registration number (without the dashes/spaces) and hitting the 'I've forgotten my password' option.

When does Track update?
    Track updates at any time, even at weekends, when the unis send through decisions, and this is supposed to generate an email notification to you. See this thread for examples of how randomly timed these can be. Nevertheless, it is possible to log in and find a decision you haven't received the 'Your Track has Updated' email for.

How long before I hear anything?
    Nobody can say. Some people get offers within 48 hours; others wait for weeks or months without hearing anything, not even an acknowledgement. Where used (many unis and/or courses don't send them) acknowledgements are generated automatically and their timing and content is of no significance whatsoever.

Someone else has got an offer for the same course/uni that I've applied for, but I haven't heard anything yet. Does that mean I'm certain to be rejected?
    No.

look like i'm the first in 2011 and am I the only person going crazy waiting??

ReputationRep:
    awesome, there are others out there waiting too. everyone I seem to speak to has an offer or rejection. i've only heard from one uni and it was rejection but the waiting for the others is horrible as others know their fate from the same university and same course.

Does anyone have any experience on the longest wait in history

ReputationRep:
    Still waiting on 4 replies... SO ANNOYING to see people getting offers when you haven't got any!

ReputationRep:
    not heard back from ANY uni's and i'm starting to worry i'll never hear back from the uni i want! they'll probably forget about my application or something. i hate this waiting. i sent away my application in the first week of December as well :/

ReputationRep:
    waiting for bath french + politics
    and warwick politics with french

ReputationRep:
    I'm waiting for Bath!! They're taking so long haha!! It's driving me insane with everyone else having all their offers/unsuccessful's back ):

ReputationRep:
    I sent my UCAS early October, received two offers one day after each other at the beginning of November, and then I've heard nothing regarding offers/rejections since then. It's been a weird three months without hearing

ReputationRep:
    My first choice is Edinburgh too haha but i'm also sure it's going to be unsucessful! So you should be happy, 4 nice unconditionals to take your pick from! I'm sure it'll be 5 soon!
    One of them is a conditional, but I only need to get a B in Chemistry and it's my second attempt. Last year I got a C and I was only one mark away from a B so I would hope I could get at least a B this year!

ReputationRep:
    I heard back from all my choices except for one, and ofc that is the one that I want most

ReputationRep:
    One of them is a conditional, but I only need to get a B in Chemistry and it's my second attempt. Last year I got a C and I was only one mark away from a B so I would hope I could get at least a B this year!
    Ah so it is, misread soz. That's pretty gutting, i was 1 mark off an A in higher english so i know how annoying it feels! And yeah if you don't get an A or B you'll be seeeeeeek!

ReputationRep:
    Ah so it is, misread soz. That's pretty gutting, i was 1 mark off an A in higher english so i know how annoying it feels! And yeah if you don't get an A or B you'll be seeeeeeek!
    I know, then it would be a complete waste of my time. I got 78% in my prelim though which is an improvement from my 56% last year so I think I am understanding better!

I remember you saying that. I hate it when that happens!

ReputationRep:
    Waiting for LSE, King's and Warwick.... after two rejections from UCL and Oxford.

Awkward.

ReputationRep:
    Still waiting for Brighton :mad:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Still waiting on Durham, UCL & Bristol. Grr...come on guys.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 10, 2011

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.