Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The *waiting for news is driving me crazy* Uberthread watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mir3a)
    Which course is this for? The maths department was very speedy with their reply to me. Maybe different departments take different times to reply.
    Psychology for me. Thing is they say they are aiming to make a decission within 4-6 weeks and in their faq they mention that if you haven't heard anything (neither a decission nor an invitation to a UCAS open day) you should contact the department directly, which makes me so confused /:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skyja)
    Psychology for me. Thing is they say they are aiming to make a decission within 4-6 weeks and in their faq they mention that if you haven't heard anything (neither a decission nor an invitation to a UCAS open day) you should contact the department directly, which makes me so confused /:
    Why confused? If they say contact them if you've not heard anything at all after 6 weeks, then do so!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minerva)
    Why confused? If they say contact them if you've not heard anything at all after 6 weeks, then do so!
    True, true. I just don't want to add an extra workload on them and such. But you're right though. I was thinking about giving them this week out and contact them after that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skyja)
    Contact them ASAP It is probably something good

ReputationRep:
    How long does UCAS take to process applications? Mine was paid for on Friday and I'm still waiting for it to clear.

ReputationRep:
    Waiting on edinburgh is driving me crazy :confused: I don't really want to go there but I just really want to know what I got haha

ReputationRep:
    St andrews

ReputationRep:
    Oh Bath, Bath, Bath ... WHY ARE YOU PUTTING ME THROUGH SUCH TORTURE?!

ReputationRep:
    UCL, say something please!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ivanka)
    UCL, say something please!
    For what have you applied?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juju)
    For what have you applied?
    Language and Culture, Spanish with Arabic respectively.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, application processed. Now the waiting game with the universities starts.

ReputationRep:
    Edinburgh, please get back to me for social work. I can't take it any longer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blef74)
    Ok, application processed. Now the waiting game with the universities starts.
    It's pure torture, trust me.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Don't hate me for this, please :puppyeyes:

So after 5 months (well a year and 5 months if you can't my failure last year) have finally managed to secure a medicine offer so I will be leaving this thread now

Just wanted to wish everyone the best of luck and I hope you all get where you want to be.. Good luck! :crossedf:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Penguinsaysquack)
    Don't hate me for this, please :puppyeyes:

So after 5 months (well a year and 5 months if you can't my failure last year) have finally managed to secure a medicine offer so I will be leaving this thread now

Just wanted to wish everyone the best of luck and I hope you all get where you want to be.. Good luck! :crossedf:
    Excellent to here that you have a place for Medicine Congratulations and I hope that uni goes well for you

xx
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Sianelly)
    Excellent to here that you have a place for Medicine Congratulations and I hope that uni goes well for you

xx
    Thank you :love:

Likewise for you :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I'm so tired of waiting for Bath :[

ReputationRep:
    Haha love this thread! I am actually going insane waiting to hear from Sheffield Hallam! Everytime my phone beeps for an email I jump a mile just to find out it's another junk mail instead of UCAS Track =p

ReputationRep:
    After an interview with Bristol yesterday, I am now back to waiting on track :/

I can't believe how stressful this last 4 months of waiting has been!!! I really feel for re-applicants, I can't imagine how hellish it must be for them!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 10, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.