Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    After a year and a half of playing, I am now officially out of the waiting game! I'm so, so glad that it is no longer necessary to have a heart attack every time I get an email

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vekeh)
    After a year and a half of playing, I am now officially out of the waiting game! I'm so, so glad that it is no longer necessary to have a heart attack every time I get an email

If they had a (steam like) counter of how many times a day you click on track, mine would probably overload

I just called x admissions office, and this lady remembers me after stating only my first name... I wonder if that's good or bad...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seentje)

If they had a (steam like) counter of how many times a day you click on track, mine would probably overload

I just called x admissions office, and this lady remembers me after stating only my first name... I wonder if that's good or bad...
    Thats funny! Did she give you any insight?

I'm soooo resisting the urge to keep checking track and ringing admissions!

Come on QMUL . . . . :please:

:goodluck:

ReputationRep:
    Well Newcastle University have acknowledged my application.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wailinza)
    Thats funny! Did she give you any insight?

I'm soooo resisting the urge to keep checking track and ringing admissions!

Come on QMUL . . . . :please:

:goodluck:
    Nah, I just wanted to make sure that she had got my email, since she said I should send it before the 4th. Not taking chances

ReputationRep:
    Bath please just give me an offer, hate waiting!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark12345680)
    Bath please just give me an offer, hate waiting!
    Saaaaaaaaaaame :-( What are you applying for?

ReputationRep:
    Come on Warwick!! I want an offer so badly! Waiting is making me so nervous. :'''(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arielle)
    Saaaaaaaaaaame :-( What are you applying for?
    I am applying for accounting and finance.
    1 of my friends got an offer of AAA already.
    What are you applying for?

ReputationRep:
    I guess the wait is finally over - I've got an email from UCL telling me they are recommending me for an offer. So I will put down UCL as a firm and York as an insurance. If both of them fail in June (when Czech students receive their results), then I have University College Utrecht and possibly Roosevelt Academy in Middelburg, the Netherlands as a backup (got an unconditional from the former already).

ReputationRep:
    Just got rejection email from ucas for Exeter =/ only good thing is that this whole waiting game's nearly over, so hurry up UCL its been 5 months alreadyyy!!
    Having said that also a bit pissed at Exeter for also waiting near enough 5mths to say no, could've put me out of ma misery earlier =(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark12345680)
    I am applying for accounting and finance.
    1 of my friends got an offer of AAA already.
    What are you applying for?
    I'm applying for Sociology. I've only heard of one person getting an offer for it, but I'm still really worried! I hate the wait, it's driving me crazy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FCB)
    Anyone heard from UCL Natural Science Department?
    I had the automated email from them like a week after applying back in November, but I still haven't heard anything from them, and i've had replies from all other uni's.
    Have you heard anything yet? I'm still waiting as well :/

ReputationRep:
    I applied late, last Tuesday/Wednesday infact and i'm already on ucas every hour tracking it.

Got my first offer today, unconditional as I already have the grades but it was for my wildcard option which is motorsport engineering at Huddersfield, dont think it'll be the one I accept but its good to know offers are still to be had when applying late

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mir3a)
    Contact them ASAP It is probably something good
    heh, I really hope so! Contacted them but no answer for almost a week, I guess they're just very busy.

ReputationRep:
    I STILL haven't heard from LSE I guess people weren't exaggerating when they said that LSE were ridiculously slow at replying

ReputationRep:
    So glad I found this thread- glad I'm not the only one sitting her shaking away! Driving lesson is going to go well..
    Surely there is a better way than this?! It takes ages and I keep freaking out every time my phone goes off!
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skyja)
    heh, I really hope so! Contacted them but no answer for almost a week, I guess they're just very busy.
    i just rang them too! they said bear with them for another 2 weeks and by then it should be done.....still, that will have been four months!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beaubelle)
    i just rang them too! they said bear with them for another 2 weeks and by then it should be done.....still, that will have been four months!
    Thank yooooou for letting me know! :cute: Been thinking about calling them too but I only have a mobile phone and I know from experience that I would need a lot of credit to actually be sure that it wouldn't cut off in the middle of everything (calling from Iceland).
    2 weeks is not too much at least (:

ReputationRep:
    well I went for an interview at the only university who didn't reject me totally and i'm now waiting for a telephone call. Letter said that they would contact us by phone the next day. I feel that it went well but I don't want to get my hopes up too much as I don't want to be too depressed if it doesn't work out! Really want to go, really liked the campus, staff were friendly, course hours will fit around family life etc

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 10, 2011
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.