Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Can't believe I'm still waiting - 1 unconditional offer so far and no news from the other 4 - all London colleges - this waiting is really driving me crazy - how can I plan anything without news ............ Applied in January

ReputationRep:
    Do you reckon they might have been waiting for the January exams results to come through before they accepted more people? And do the unis get notified if you've moved up a grade in re-takes? I needed ABB for the one I'm waiting for and applied with A*CC, but today moved one of my C's up to an A so I have A*AC. Should I email the university and notify them of this or will they know? (Because surely this would increase my chance of getting in...)

ReputationRep:
    I'm out of my misery, my last chance came up trumps and I have a place studying youth work and community development at Bradford College. As it turns out it's my dream course and the timetable fits perfectly around my family. so 4 rejections later I finally have an offer!

ReputationRep:
    Laaahaaannncaaster :deal:

starting to wonder if they have maybe lost my application

ReputationRep:
    Got a letter regarding support for disabled students (as I am disabled) and a form to fill in about previous convictions (as I was naughty in a previous life). So I take it the University has my application. Just waiting, waiting, waiting...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skyja)
    Thank yooooou for letting me know! :cute: Been thinking about calling them too but I only have a mobile phone and I know from experience that I would need a lot of credit to actually be sure that it wouldn't cut off in the middle of everything (calling from Iceland).
    2 weeks is not too much at least (:
    yeah its not too bad, just stressfull waiting as its my last choice so holding up all my other options!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beaubelle)
    yeah its not too bad, just stressfull waiting as its my last choice so holding up all my other options!!!
    yeah, same here.
    What have you applied for?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else think the Uni acknowledgement emails are a slight torture?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard anything from Swansea Met? Last week I just had an acknowledgement and they sent me a ruler with a calculator in it!!!! weird!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by firefly111)
    Anyone heard anything from Swansea Met? Last week I just had an acknowledgement and they sent me a ruler with a calculator in it!!!! weird!
    Maybe you are supposed to calculate when they will respond to your application

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I've ever checked my email as much as I have during this application process.

IT'S KILLING ME I TELL YOU!:mad:

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else waiting to hear back from Glasgow University for Anatomy or Edinburgh University for Medical Sciences or Biological Sciences?!
    Literally think I am the only person IN THE WORLD left to hear back from them!

ReputationRep:
    Just noticed someone posting on another thread that there is only 51 day lefy until UCAS decline all aplicants with out an offer. :eek: thats quite scary and a relief at the same time that all this waiting will soon be over

ReputationRep:
    Offer from Warwick puts me out of the waiting game!!!

So happy right now. Best of luck to everyone here. ^^

ReputationRep:
    Just received my UCL offer, so, luckily, the wait is over Good luck to those of you who are still awaiting further decisions, it's not that painful, I managed to wait since 25 September!! If I could, you can as well

ReputationRep:
    i'm out of the waiting game now too, offer from bath for psychology
    good luck to everyone still waiting!

ReputationRep:
    Going crazy waiting to hear back from York St John...

ReputationRep:
    Waiting for my interview is driving me crazy! 2 weeks to go...

ReputationRep:
    Got all 5 offers and no rejections !!! Not going to any red brick uni's though so probably why XD Good luck to everyone and hopefully we all get what we want !

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone called up the department they applied to yet about there application?
    If yes, did it work to your advantage? I'm thinking calling them up can't be a bad thing.

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.