Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    UCL gave me an acknowledgment letter (nearly 24hours) AFTER giving a "unsuccessful" me...
    Isn't that sardonic? ...(sigh

Yesterday wasn't a good day, neither today.

(blahblah...).........You will be contacted again regarding the progress of your application. This may take the form of a request for further information, an invitation to an Open and/or Interview Day, or notification of our final decision. In the event that your application should prove to be unsuccessful, this notification will come direct from UCAS.

Yes, of course, I know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asabashoyuki)
    UCL gave me an acknowledgment letter (nearly 24hours) AFTER giving a "unsuccessful" me...
    Isn't that sardonic? ...(sigh

Yesterday wasn't a good day, neither today.

(blahblah...).........You will be contacted again regarding the progress of your application. This may take the form of a request for further information, an invitation to an Open and/or Interview Day, or notification of our final decision. In the event that your application should prove to be unsuccessful, this notification will come direct from UCAS.

Yes, of course, I know.
    Way for them to kick you while you're down.

ReputationRep:
    Arrrgggghhh someone give me an offer please! I'm going to be the one who ends up with 5 rejections, I know it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muffinz)
    Way for them to kick you while you're down.

HP 0/100
    Player 1 is dead.

Continue?
    Yes / →No

ReputationRep:
    I Applied 28th September for Midwifery.
    Predicted AAB in Sociology, Psychology and English language.
    Got my UCAS letter in about 5 days.
    Had acknowledgements from all my choices apart from Bournemouth within about 2 weeks.
    applied to:
    Plymouth
    Cardiff
    Swansea
    Southampton
    Bournemouth

Been 'unsuccessful' at Bournemouth today, quite disappointed (not gonna lie) because I'm predicted higher then they wanted, doing the right subjects, and have alot of relevant experience, but hey ho life goes on still got 4 more universitys to wait for, Plymouth sent a letter today saying if I get an interview it will be between Dec and Feb and then once all applications are done they will make their offers (atleast I have some idea of how long to wait lol). But, now I'm pretty worried none of them will accept me :eek3: but there is always a plan B..... I think.
    Everything is out of my hands now so all I can do is cross my fingers and hope that I at least get an interview somewhere, no point in worrying myself

Lauren xox

ReputationRep:
    FINALLY, UCL acknowledgement.

ReputationRep:
    No acknowledgements
    Where do you find out, is it just on email?
    or ucas track too?

ReputationRep:
    my application got processed on the 6th of september. no ******* offers yet

ReputationRep:
    Pembroke sent me a questionairre today. Thats the latest for me.
    Acknowlegdements from everywhere. SAQ sent.
    I've been told I'm getting an offer from Nottingham for NatSci but that was almost 2 weeks ago and I still don't know the conditions...

There's always tommorow :P
    I see Warwick have started dishing out replies for Physics applicants so hopefully I won't be waiting too long for a reply.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie901)
    Pembroke sent me a questionairre today. Thats the latest for me.
    Acknowlegdements from everywhere. SAQ sent.
    I've been told I'm getting an offer from Nottingham for NatSci but that was almost 2 weeks ago and I still don't know the conditions...

There's always tommorow :P
    I see Warwick have started dishing out replies for Physics applicants so hopefully I won't be waiting too long for a reply.

When did you send them the SAQ? And do you think this prompted them to send you a questionnaire? I applied for Maths at Pembroke, you see, and I wondered if the questionnaire was sent to every Pembroke applicant.

By the way, good choice of college

ReputationRep:
    I'm still feeling really impatient. It's been 9 days since I sent off the application :l

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lox352)
    When did you send them the SAQ? And do you think this prompted them to send you a questionnaire? I applied for Maths at Pembroke, you see, and I wondered if the questionnaire was sent to every Pembroke applicant.

By the way, good choice of college
    I don't think the questionnaire had anything to do with the SAQ. I only sent it off a few days ago. The questionnaire was very specific about the NatSci course and only had a few questions like preferred subject etc. They said it was so they can structure the interviews properly.

I've no idea if Maths applicants will get one. It certainly won't be the same as the one I got anyway.

Have you visited Pembroke? If you have what did you think of it? I haven't actually gone and I based my decision purely on the prospectuses and the article on here :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie901)
    I don't think the questionnaire had anything to do with the SAQ. I only sent it off a few days ago. The questionnaire was very specific about the NatSci course and only had a few questions like preferred subject etc. They said it was so they can structure the interviews properly.

I've no idea if Maths applicants will get one. It certainly won't be the same as the one I got anyway.

Have you visited Pembroke? If you have what did you think of it? I haven't actually gone and I based my decision purely on the prospectuses and the article on here :P
    Yep, I went around lots of the colleges, and Pembroke was my favorite. It's gardens are really spectacular, and the food is said to be the best in Cambridge. It's also nice and central - I think you made a good choice.

Hopefully I'll get the SAQ off tonight. Then the wait begins...

ReputationRep:
    Unconditional offer from St Andrews this morning!

Eeee! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aetiology)
    Unconditional offer from St Andrews this morning!

Eeee! :woo:
    Congratulations

ReputationRep:
    I've not had anything yet, not even an acknowledgement
    But then I am a mature student, and apparently we get left til last at pretty much most unis!
    Gah!

ReputationRep:
    Hi there, I got a conditional offer via UCAS for leeds today for the Geolgical Sciences (4 year) course. However, in the conditions, all it says is 'This offer is subject to you obtaining.. Subject to satisfactory interview.. For further details see letter from institution'

It doesn't give me any grade requirements? Could someone please explain this to me.

I thought if you had an interview, they would send a letter/email to you telling you you had an interview and then after your interview, give you your offer, not beforehand? HELP please

ReputationRep:
    I remember the wait for offers and then on results day... 6 am constantly mashing the F5 button.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pheylan)
    my application got processed on the 6th of september. no ******* offers yet
    your not alone i sent mine of on the 23rd September. no offers either

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jeffercake)
    I've not had anything yet, not even an aknowledgement
    But then I am a mature student, and apparently we get left til last at pretty much most unis!
    Gah!
    that isn't nice that they get left to last! i am also applying to sheffield hallam. i applied 23rd sept, so you are not aloneee dosn't look like they have started haning offers out yet :/

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.