The Student Room Group

The *waiting for news is driving me crazy* Uberthread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
I've logged into track probably about 100 times sofar, and nothing has ever, ever happened :frown: I don't even mind a rejection, I just want something to change :frown:
Reply 381
:yawn:
Original post by lilgnome3
Someone's got an offer from Warwick for Maths - now I'm panicking! Checking track every 5 minutes :s-smilie:

:ditto:
You only sent it a week ago! You may not here a final outcome until May next year! Some universities don't even start considering your application until after the January deadline, so don't worry.
LLB Law at:

University of Sheffield (with Criminology)

University of Hull

University of Dundee

Nottingham Trent

Sheffield Hallam

A friend of mine has already received a conditional from Sheffield for History. This waiting is killing me! I'll be unbelievably relieved when something finally gets updated on track.

Oh and just quickly in response to the very first post about being able to log into Track. I was actually able to log into Track the day after my UCAS was sent away. I just put in my personal ID, username and password which I used for the Apply process and I was in. Maybe UCAS just processed me exceedingly fast. My welcome pack/letter only came a week after I had submitted and I was still able to use Track.
Reply 385
Original post by Raimu
I see, so in that case there isn't anything to lose if I apply for MEng. But shouldn't everyone just apply for MEng if this is true? Unless of course they don't want to study for the extra year.
If they have the grades, they might as well. Having the grades doesn't guarantee an offer, of course, but it's a start.
I know this isn't probably the news you want to hear, but its been what, a week and a half? As said above, universities don't have to even look at your application until the 15th of Jan, and although plenty of people get offers before that it doesn't mean you've been forgotten/ignored - so many people don't hear anything for ages and think the worst, but that shouldn't be the case! Also, seeing a few people getting offers on TSR is a bit of a misleading situation as you end up thinking EVERYONE is being given offers for that uni, and the fact that you haven't got one means you haven't got in. However, the members of TSR are simply a fraction of those applying which is easy to forget if you spend a lot of time on here :smile:
Reply 387
Come on UWE, Hertfordshire and Nottingham Trent, stop driving me mad on purpose! :frown:
I just want a change on UCAS like now!! :angry:
Original post by dalo
Woow, been there before, Good luck :smile:

lolz ure display picture made me think i had a bug on my screan lol
It doesn't seem as if Sheffield has given out psychology offers yet though, and they're the only uni I haven't gotten an acknowledgement from yet...(even though acknowledgements really don't matter).
I wouldn't worry if i were you, it's still quite early on. :smile:
Too early, dont worry. :wink:
Reply 392
Psychology is pretty competitive so it may take longer than other courses.
It's perfectly normal! And some friends might be getting offers for a course at a uni, but you aren't, even if you applied to the same course. It just depends what they are doing with your application. Some of my friends have been given offers for Nottingham, but I havn't even though my predicted grades are waaay over what is needed. You don't need to worry!
Plus alot of universities will like to ensure that they are being fair to all their applicants, so they don't reply too early. See, there could be someone else that has a similar profile, but will lose out because they applied in November, not October. Universities aren't required to look at applications until January 15th, which is the deadline for applications.
I'm sure after this date your offers will come flying through, if you havn't been given them already by then! :grin:
Reply 394
I have checked AES (Durham's applications system) and it says that my app has been passed on to a college! So that unofficially means I have an offer :smile:

What worries me, though, is that I have come across a fairly numerous group of people who've received offers from York - I ain't heard anything. I'm afraid it's due to my PS, I applied there for Spanish and Linguistics, but my PS comprises Spanish, Linguistics and Arabic/ME/Islam. Does anyone know how much lenient York is towards multiple-subjects applicants? It's freaking me out, damn :s-smilie:
Reply 395
When I log in to track under the updated column it has the date of about a week ago for all my choices... Does this mean that my track hasn't been updating? or does this only get updated when I have offers/rejections?
Thanks...
Reply 396
Only when you get offers or rejections.
I think I can conclude that if universities ran the NHS, we would definitely die with the waiting times they'd set
Reply 398
Original post by Ivanka
I have checked AES (Durham's applications system) and it says that my app has been passed on to a college! So that unofficially means I have an offer :smile:

What worries me, though, is that I have come across a fairly numerous group of people who've received offers from York - I ain't heard anything. I'm afraid it's due to my PS, I applied there for Spanish and Linguistics, but my PS comprises Spanish, Linguistics and Arabic/ME/Islam. Does anyone know how much lenient York is towards multiple-subjects applicants? It's freaking me out, damn :s-smilie:

can I ask when you officially sent your application off to UCAS? it might give some indication as to how long certain departments at Durham take to make a decision. :smile:
Original post by viksta1000
I think I can conclude that if universities ran the NHS, we would definitely die with the waiting times they'd set

Awwhh I completely agree!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending