The Student Room Group

The *waiting for news is driving me crazy* Uberthread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Melanie-v
Checked again, still no change ...........

Awwwh, me and my friend both told eachother we would only check when we recieve an email. Which was lies as we check it too much but yeah!

Original post by viksta1000
ooh gosh, it seems you are a brain surgeon in training lol, and there's no way that its the only offer you get, i just know it! :biggrin:

how did you do at A level out of curiosity?

You seem nice, I have my fingers crossed for you! :smile:

LOL haha well its funny you say that, as I would love to do medicine afterwards :tongue:!

For my AS I got bcc, not the best grades, somewhere average! Was one mark off an A though for psychology :frown:. Hoping I can get them all a grade up during a2, but our sixth form has banned us resitting modules, or rather, limited us severely, so we can't resit a module if we want to, only if we massively underachieved :frown:. Meaning I'll have to work so hard over the following year!

And thank you, I have my fingers crossed for you too, hoping KCL acknowledges you and offers you quickly :smile:.

Where do you most want to go?
Reply 421
Is anything likely to change over half term? :/
I hope so. Can't go a week knowing nothing will happen :frown:
Original post by LettersFromTheSky
Awwwh, me and my friend both told eachother we would only check when we recieve an email. Which was lies as we check it too much but yeah!

LOL haha well its funny you say that, as I would love to do medicine afterwards :tongue:!

For my AS I got bcc, not the best grades, somewhere average! Was one mark off an A though for psychology :frown:. Hoping I can get them all a grade up during a2, but our sixth form has banned us resitting modules, or rather, limited us severely, so we can't resit a module if we want to, only if we massively underachieved :frown:. Meaning I'll have to work so hard over the following year!

And thank you, I have my fingers crossed for you too, hoping KCL acknowledges you and offers you quickly :smile:.

Where do you most want to go?

oh man that's a bummer, if you we're able to resit you could be in such a chilled position, ah well, atleast you know what you've got to do now to get the A

BCC is still more than respectable, and it shows with your offer already

mostly I want to go to a uni in London, whether it be LSE, KCL or Cass, maybe LSE just edges ahead as for where I most want to go
Oxford is just a punt tbh, if I get in then :woo: if not, then at least I can say I tried :cool:

wbu? Have you heard anything from KCL by any chance? x
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Ollie901
Is anything likely to change over half term? :/
I hope so. Can't go a week knowing nothing will happen :frown:

They should still be giving out offers as it's not half term for them!
I submitted mine on Thursday so all I need is for my school to attach my reference and send it off, do you think they'll do this over half term or will I have to wait til I go back?
I got my application confirmed on friday and I'm already checking track at every spare moment. Swear I'll go insane if I don't hear from places this side of Christmas!
oh man that's a bummer, if you we're able to resit you could be in such a chilled position, ah well, atleast you know what you've got to do now to get the A

BCC is still more than respectable, and it shows with your offer already

mostly I want to go to a uni in London, whether it be LSE, KCL or Cass, maybe LSE just edges ahead as for where I most want to go
Oxford is just a punt tbh, if I get in then :woo: if not, then at least I can say I tried :cool:

wbu? Have you heard anything from KCL by any chance? x

Yeahh, if I need to I might organise some resits privately, for June time though. Its gonna be really hard to get B's in my c subjects I have to get A's in each module at a2. Fun :p:eek:!

Ooh yeah London is an awesome city (I'm biased :tongue:), the uni's you've chosen are great too.

Yeah def worth trying, fingers crossed you get an offer!

I'm really liking Southampton, if I get an offer from there I think I will want to firm that, providing I get good grades in my Jan exams. KCL would be great to get into but as I live within the m25 I don't think I'll get accomm, and I would ideally wanna live on campus, also, the recently upped the reqs to aab and thats gonna be so hard to get.

I haven't heard anything from them no, I wouldn't worry too much though it doesn't seem like they've been responding to many people. I've not seen it anyway :confused:. xx
Original post by Anti
Wow, you're worse than me :biggrin: Haha. That's almost a compliment!

Best of luck, I bet you'll do fine :smile:

Thanks :smile: I just got my Welcome Guide today but still no official word from any of the universities, and I've been checking my e-mails every hour! It's a sickness :eek: Being on half term does not help; at least at school I'm slightly distracted - Thank God for going out tonight :biggrin:
Reply 428
Original post by Wookie42
I got my application confirmed on friday and I'm already checking track at every spare moment. Swear I'll go insane if I don't hear from places this side of Christmas!

when you sended your application ?
Having an offer has just made the whole thing worse, I'm constantly checking Track for a second :frown:
Original post by LettersFromTheSky
Yeahh, if I need to I might organise some resits privately, for June time though. Its gonna be really hard to get B's in my c subjects I have to get A's in each module at a2. Fun :p:eek:!

Ooh yeah London is an awesome city (I'm biased :tongue:), the uni's you've chosen are great too.

Yeah def worth trying, fingers crossed you get an offer!

I'm really liking Southampton, if I get an offer from there I think I will want to firm that, providing I get good grades in my Jan exams. KCL would be great to get into but as I live within the m25 I don't think I'll get accomm, and I would ideally wanna live on campus, also, the recently upped the reqs to aab and thats gonna be so hard to get.

I haven't heard anything from them no, I wouldn't worry too much though it doesn't seem like they've been responding to many people. I've not seen it anyway :confused:. xx

Took the words outta my mouth, coming from Leeds I think "Landon" is absoloutly amazing, the hustle n bustle, the fast pace of life and the dosh to be made

I went to see southampton too, I was actually gonna apply too, but they didn't do my course (or atleast the curriculum i wanted) :frown:

Whereabouts near London do you live then? go out in London much?

x
Reply 431
my application was sent for consideration a week ago and not got an offer or even an acknowledgement!!! :angry:

its gonna be a long winter....
I'm the type of person who checks their emails, Facebook, TSR and even my school website every half hour to see if there have been any updates! Track is going to drive. Me. Nuts.

I'll send UCAS off this evening, and let the turmoil begin :^_^:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 433
Urgh! I've been invited to an applicant day for LJMU, their website says that these are for people who have been made offers but I haven't been made an offer :confused:

Now I'm stalking track all day like a mentalist waiting for an offer to come through - are applicant days purely for people who have been made an offer?
Sent off UCAS on Friday and got two acknowledgements today. Calmed down slightly. I know I'll be waiting til March to hear from one of the unis though...
Original post by SOA Vamp
Sent off UCAS on Friday and got two acknowledgements today. Calmed down slightly. I know I'll be waiting til March to hear from one of the unis though...

im from hull :biggrin: lol
Reply 436
Just got an unconditional from Bournemouth!

SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW I CAN"T EVEN
Took the words outta my mouth, coming from Leeds I think "Landon" is absoloutly amazing, the hustle n bustle, the fast pace of life and the dosh to be made

I went to see southampton too, I was actually gonna apply too, but they didn't do my course (or atleast the curriculum i wanted) :frown:

Whereabouts near London do you live then? go out in London much?

x

Lol, I've not been Leeds much tbh, a couple of times when I was little and that was only to visit family so can't remember much! I've heard the nightlife is quite good though, living costs are lower too which is always good.

I live in the east of London (great :tongue:). I love going into the city though, transport links are awesome and so you are in easy reach of everything when you wanna go out, or if you change your mind about where you wanna go when you're halfway there haha.

Oooh, what was it like when you went there? Everything I've heard about it is good actually. Have you visited any of your other chosen unis?

Ah yeah that sucks when a place doesn't do your course they way you want. A few places that I would have liked to apply for did the accredited Biomedical course, which I don't wanna do, but I'm pretty much happy with my options now. And would like them all to speed up the contacting me process :biggrin:.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by niddlez
just got an unconditional from bournemouth!

So happy right now i can"t even

yay, go you :d
I've got all my audition times now for conservatoires.
I want some university updates though :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending