Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niddlez)
    Just got an unconditional from Bournemouth!

SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW I CAN"T EVEN
    Congratulations!!

ReputationRep:
    First offer through! So pleased. Since I have an unconditional, I added in a fifth crazy choice: York for English. Bring it on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muffinz)
    First offer through! So pleased. Since I have an unconditional, I added in a fifth crazy choice: York for English. Bring it on.
    Congratulations!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amy124)
    So annoying, especially seeing other people who have offers from unis im applying to for my course
    Yeah i live in NI as well my friends from last year said that you could get an offer in november but your far more likely to wait till feb i feel like visiting the law department and demanding a decision

Woa, just had a glance at your academic achievement. You look like genius! lol Is there a secret to how you do so well? If so, please do share lol

Oh... By the way! I got an acknowledgement from Queen's there a few days ago

ReputationRep:
    I applied nearly a month ago and all I have is one acknowledgement! This is killing me, I am one of the only people on my school who's applied and still not had an offer

ReputationRep:
    Got my first two acknowledgements today. Crazily excited

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rebekaht)
    I applied nearly a month ago and all I have is one acknowledgement! This is killing me, I am one of the only people on my school who's applied and still not had an offer
    They're probably saving up all the really awesome offers for later!

ReputationRep:
    It's good to know that there are others like me. I think it's going to drive me crazy to wait till late January or even February. When got my first acknowledgement email I jumped around and just felt like hugging everyone.
    I sent my appl. to UCAS on the 15th and still got no letter from them, that really is annoying, the first thing I do when I come home is checking the mail. XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KaHelene)
    It's good to know that there are others like me. I think it's going to drive me crazy to wait till late January or even February. When got my first acknowledgement email I jumped around and just felt like hugging everyone.
    I sent my appl. to UCAS on the 15th and still got no letter from them, that really is annoying, the first thing I do when I come home is checking the mail. XD
    The welcome pack thing isn't really that great and if you have gotten into Track then it makes even less of a difference. There is something nice about having the physical "what happens now" booklet to read, though, lol! Hopefully you'll get your pack through soon, mine took forever as well! I sent mine off on the 14th and only got it a couple of days ago.

ReputationRep:
    They're probably saving up all the really awesome offers for later!
    Thank you I hope so, I am unbelievably impatient! What are you applying for?

ReputationRep:
    Well I live in Germany and that means it probably will take even longer. Some might call me pessimistic but I kind of expect it to get lost or something after all the trouble I had with UCAS...

ReputationRep:
    Thank you I hope so, I am unbelievably impatient! What are you applying for?
    I'm applying for Film Studies. My first choice is Queen Mary but apparently I will have to wait an excruciatingly long time before I hear back from them!

(Original post by KaHelene)
    Well I live in Germany and that means it probably will take even longer. Some might call me pessimistic but I kind of expect it to get lost or something after all the trouble I had with UCAS...
    Everything is going to be fine!

And sending your UCAS from Germany won't delay it, I don't think. I live in Dubai!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I applied to Birmingham for Politics too and they were pretty fast with the acknowledgement.

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for Film Studies. My first choice is Queen Mary but apparently I will have to wait an excruciatingly long time before I hear back from them!
    Oooh well fingers crossed they'll reply nice and early for you with an offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yahyahyahs)
    I applied to Birmingham for Politics too and they were pretty fast with the acknowledgement.
    Ohh god, I'm terrified now. They haven't acknowledged me! And they're my first choice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muffinz)
    Congrats and good luck with your other choices
    Hopeful that I'll also hear from someone soon...
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Got an acknowledgement from King's College :woo: Now where are the offers!!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Just got an unconditional from Bournemouth!

SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW I CAN"T EVEN
    Congratulations!! :woo: :woo: :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jeffercake)
    I've not had anything yet, not even an acknowledgement
    But then I am a mature student, and apparently we get left til last at pretty much most unis!
    Gah!
    have some faith jeffercake i am sure you will hear something soon.from what i can remember when i applied years ago it was about 4-6 weeks before i receive any kind of acknowledgement

ReputationRep:
    KCL just sent me an acknowledgement, now perhaps I can calm down a bit! I know they don't mean anything but it was still making me nervous...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 10, 2011

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.