Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lacheveche)
    Argh, I had a UCAS dream! This is getting ridiculous. I have an offer already, and acknowledgements from all my other unis apart from Warwick which is the one I really really really want to go to more than anything else! I love you Warwick please notice me
    This made me chuckle :')
    I feel the same about Warwick!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nikki-jones2009)
    im from hull lol
    What's the town like? I only really know Norwich and Winchester, I just saw the unis on the open day, not the towns

ReputationRep:
    Three UCAS related dreams in three nights...

1) I had four conditionals.
    2) I had an offer from KCL. It took me 10 minutes smiling awake in bed to realise that I did not actually have an offer from KCL.
    3) I had a copy of my reference and it was really mediocre.

Is this normal? :P

(Original post by rebekaht)
    I applied nearly a month ago and all I have is one acknowledgement! This is killing me, I am one of the only people on my school who's applied and still not had an offer
    Don't worry about it! It seems as though hardly any politics applicants are getting offers so far (unless they applied to Manchester)

Follow the advice in my sig. Most of my politics courses gave offers out in mid-November. It may be earlier for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dorian gray)
    Three UCAS related dreams in three nights...

1) I had four conditionals.
    2) I had an offer from KCL. It took me 10 minutes smiling awake in bed to realise that I did not actually have an offer from KCL.
    3) I had a copy of my reference and it was really mediocre.

Is this normal? :P
    Hahaha :'D
    I dreamt I had an unconditional from Warwick. Complete FML moment when I woke up :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SOA Vamp)
    What's the town like? I only really know Norwich and Winchester, I just saw the unis on the open day, not the towns
    hull isn't that bad 2bh. it can get kind of boring at times (as they isn't a lot to do) its very cheap, has good shopping...good clubs Pozition is the club everyone goes to on thursday and sat nights. town centre is a bus away from uni. theres newland ave right near the uni which has shops such as tescos and a couple of other shops, bars and one club. where abouts do you think you would be staying? as if you go to the lawns(were most 1st yrs stay) thats in cottingham which is a small village. not that far from hull but its very quite. ermm what else do you wanna know? lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Corko93)
    Hahaha :'D
    I dreamt I had an unconditional from Warwick. Complete FML moment when I woke up :rolleyes:
    Haha. Thumbs up for being in the same situation!

Where have you applied?

ReputationRep:
    Twice to warwick, birmingham, uea and loughborough.
    You?

ReputationRep:
    This sounds sooo much like me I even dream how I get a letter or e-mail that I have an offer/or not

ReputationRep:
    Dreamt that each offer was a TARDIS and however many of those I had in my room, were how many offers I had. I guess I woke up (in the dream) and had two (mini TARDISES, at that) and they were grey, instead of blue, and I freaked out! When I actually woke up and checked track, I realised it was because I believed that it was real. If they were grey, they were unconditional and blue was conditional. I had two grey, even though one of my offers (my only offer) is conditional.

... Is anyone else sensing we'll need counseling after this process?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EcstaticMuse)
    Dreamt that each offer was a TARDIS and however many of those I had in my room, were how many offers I had. I guess I woke up (in the dream) and had two (mini TARDISES, at that) and they were grey, instead of blue, and I freaked out! When I actually woke up and checked track, I realised it was because I believed that it was real. If they were grey, they were unconditional and blue was conditional. I had two grey, even though one of my offers (my only offer) is conditional.

... Is anyone else sensing we'll need counseling after this process?

Definately, I had a dream that UEA gave me a conditional offer of EEE. I was in heaven! Woke up and literally chucked my alarm at the wall XD

ReputationRep:
    I can see the headlines now.

"NHS bills sky-rocket as uni applications destroy mental stability" xD

ReputationRep:
    Argh. UPDATE TRACK, please?

no? Then I'll wait for my letter from Plymouth, that the uni refuse to tell me what it's regarding

ReputationRep:
    Had a dream that I received an invitation to Oxford for an interview.
    Reality por favor?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inspirational912)
    i've got a confirmation email. and my track isnt working. great.
    How do you mean not working? If it hasnt updated that does take a while, I got an email offering me a place but track didnt change till a while after.
    (Original post by viksta1000)
    NO WAY

I have faith you'll get the acknowledgement soon

im off down to London on Friday, so if you haven't heard by then, i'll pop into KCL and go "wassup with the wait, you've got an applicant from the TSR user LettersFromTheSky, acknowledge it now...I SAID NOW HOMMIE"

that way either you too will get acknowledged, or I'll be banned from KCL, but I think its worth the risk, don't you? :cool:
    Yeah its so annoying! Lol awwwh thanks, try that .

I hope I'll get it soon, maybe my relevant admissions dept is just taking longer to process the applications?

Ooh nice, just for visiting someone or you shopping or something?

Erm if you get banned from KCL, I'll ask them to unban you cause they'll have acknowledged me hehe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SOA Vamp)
    Hull's not bad at all. Lots to do. The media have created the bad reputation from one or two bad areas, but there is no reason you'd ever have to go anywhere near. The university and student acc is in/just outside Cottingham which is a very large village with everything you'd possibly need. Hull City Centre is a 5 minute bus ride away which has got all the shops, cinemas etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jimbles)
    What disability do you have? I have put one down too, thought I would be the only one of TSR who's applying for 2011 who had done! lol
    Well, its not actually a disability, but I was advised by all the departments i visited to include it on my UCAS form, but I'm just plain old colourblind.
    I'm sure you have a more viable disability!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LettersFromTheSky)
    How do you mean not working? If it hasnt updated that does take a while, I got an email offering me a place but track didnt change till a while after.

Yeah its so annoying! Lol awwwh thanks, try that .

I hope I'll get it soon, maybe my relevant admissions dept is just taking longer to process the applications?

Ooh nice, just for visiting someone or you shopping or something?

Erm if you get banned from KCL, I'll ask them to unban you cause they'll have acknowledged me hehe.

Yeah it probably is your department...bloody bioscientists!!! :rolleyes: lol

Nah, i've got a business so im heading down to London to meet a client, luckily its half term, so perfect timing

Oh nice one, lets hope you dont get banned trying to get me unbanned eh...then we're both screwed

Keep us posted on how it goes!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melanie-v)
    When did you send off your UCAS?

We've applied at 3 of the same unis, btw. Same course, too. Application buddy?

I sent it on the 27th Sept but it got sent back to me twice. I don't really know when my UCAS referee finally submitted it. 29th maybe?

haha yeah sure, what college did you pick for Durham & Cambridge? Where else have you applied?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dorian gray)
    Don't worry about it! It seems as though hardly any politics applicants are getting offers so far (unless they applied to Manchester)

Follow the advice in my sig. Most of my politics courses gave offers out in mid-November. It may be earlier for you
    Thank you! I'll try ! I really hope they start giving some out soon! I'm even more worried now I've found out most people have been acknowledged by Birmingham for politics now and I haven't, maybe they don't acknowledge the people they know they're going to reject :eek:! OR what if they've lost my application :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me earlier)
    I love you Warwick please notice me
    Oh wow, Warwick just sent me an acknowledgement with the line "you should not be concerned if you do not receive a decision within a short time of applying" So... uh, I love you Psychic Warwick please make me an offer

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.