Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niddlez)
    Ugh @ Rooney! :mad:

Mou is srsly the funniest guy ever! I wish I was his friend so we could share the lols

(Watching Carling Cup rn btw)

SORRY for hijacking the thread! I just go nuts when football is mentioned
    haha, I'll message you, easier to chat then!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snawkie)
    Well don't listen to them. They're idiots. If that's what you enjoy doing it - do it. People just don't appreciate it. like people are always like (to me) 'WHAT YOU STUDY LANGUAGES? ROFL?' and it's like 'oh I'm sorry - how many languages do you speak?' haha.

It's the same with you. they're good courses - just not generic.
    thanks I'm kind of keen to get into the Sports Biomedicine side of it Actually, now that sounds good haha! Yeah I love the course

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tanya---)
    Aww, It's not crap. Plus it's up to you what you want to study, and clearly your interested in sport, so why not? Ignore them.
    aha thank you! I just know some snobby people who think they're studying 'real courses' lol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jimbles)
    thanks I'm kind of keen to get into the Sports Biomedicine side of it Actually, now that sounds good haha! Yeah I love the course
    I just completely accidentally rated this post a thumbs down - sorry!! I can't change it!

And there you go! as long as you enjoy it ^^

ReputationRep:
    anyone had an offer from hallam yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amy124)
    haha trust me im defo not a genius just lots and lots of essay plans! Yay me too where abouts in NI do you live? (not that im a stalker or anything)
    You certainly look like a genius with your 90% and 100% in your tests lol. I live in Newry :rolleyes:, what about you?

ReputationRep:
    got my first offer today from manchester for economics! so relieved

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by atofu)
    Somehow I feel that I will be struggling on that day XD a whole day without logging onto track? pfft
    Aagh I know Luckily I'll be at work for most of the day so will be able to avoid the temptation!

ReputationRep:
    does it take around 48 hours for ucas to proceed your application when you send it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaosu_souzousha)
    does it take around 48 hours for ucas to proceed your application when you send it?
    Mine was done within 18 hours

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melanie-v)
    Nope. Hence the reason I'm hanging about on this thread. I sent my UCAS off on the 14th, it got received by universities etc. on the 18th.
    I haven't seen an ugly Cambridge college yet, though Downing is beautiful. :love:
    Nottingham was my safe too, I didn't realise how high the offer they gave out were - I thought there'd be a few AABs.

Why Maths and Physics, and not more NatSci?
    The Nottingham NatSci guy said on the open day that the typical offer was AAA this year. No mention of the AAB that was in the prospectus :/

I was already pleased with Cambridge, Durham and Nottingham for NatSci. I wanted to avoid the courses where you study loads of different areas of science but lose out on a lot of depth and I wasn't convinced that some of the other NatSci universities could offer an in-depth multidisciplinary course.
    Warwick was a bit of a stab in the dark. I'd never visited and I didn't think I'd get an offer either because my personal statement is very focused on the NatSci course. I know how great it is for Maths though and I had a space free so I thought why not. I've been invited to an open day so I'll have a look round and see what I think.

Good luck with your application, let me know when you get your first offer in

ReputationRep:
    I've applied to:

Lancaster Uni
    Manchester Uni
    Birmingham Uni
    Durham Uni
    Kent Uni (insurance choice, in case things go tits up)

for Business and within the first week, got a conditional from Manchester

Others are making me crazy with wait though :/

ReputationRep:
    Argh Nottingham are giving out offers for every subject but politics.

I should really stop obsessing over getting an offer...

ReputationRep:
    This waiting and not knowing was driving me crazy. I was checking Track three or four times a day I swear, if not more. And that was made all the more difficult as I'm currently in LA so the time difference is all out! (Hence why I'm writing now and not 8 hours ago!!) But I was lucky enough to wake up one morning with an acknowledgement email from one choice and then an offer from another... Just want all the rest to come through now...

ReputationRep:
    Arghhh... Let me hear something today please
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by jimbles)
    Arghhh... Let me hear something today please
    I hope so too, people are getting offers for my course and I really want an offer :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpdavis)
    I hope so too, people are getting offers for my course and I really want an offer :mad:
    I just want one from three of my favourite choices! Not asking for much to be fair :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ben4bcfc)
    This waiting and not knowing was driving me crazy. I was checking Track three or four times a day I swear, if not more. And that was made all the more difficult as I'm currently in LA so the time difference is all out! (Hence why I'm writing now and not 8 hours ago!!) But I was lucky enough to wake up one morning with an acknowledgement email from one choice and then an offer from another... Just want all the rest to come through now...
    Heyy, I see you are applying for the nottingham creative writing course! Have you heard any more from them?x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpdavis)
    You'll get an offer when you least expect it- I got my first offer when I got on the computer after a 2 hour long nap. >_>

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachel_Leah)
    Heyy, I see you are applying for the nottingham creative writing course! Have you heard any more from them?x
    Heyy Yeah, I've applied but still heard nothing: not even an acknowledgement. But to be honest, I doubt they'll send an acknowledgement, just waiting for any news on offers/interviews. When did you send off your application? x

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 10, 2011
Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.