Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just remembered how utterly mad UCAS Track can make a person. :woo:

Only was able to log in at 5pm this evening, and since then, I've checked it habitually upon the hour, as though:
    A) Universities would process applications after 5pm
    B) I would receive decisions within a few hours of submitting my application

Madness!

Good luck to everybody!

ReputationRep:
    I sent my application on 27th September, received the Welcome letter a week later as well as a questionnaire from Durham. However, I haven't got any acknowledgements (what exactly is that??) yet, none of the other unis have contacted me. Shoudl I worry or not? I tried to look up what acknowledgement exactly means but was unsuccessful...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluidity)

Only was able to log in at 5pm this evening, and since then, I've checked it habitually upon the hour, as though:

Madness!

Good luck to everybody!
    I LOVE This... thats gonna be me soon!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper

Madness!

Good luck to everybody!
    You and me both. I only registered yesterday and have been checking like a lunatic ever since, like something would have happened already. Even less likely considering I only applied to one. Gonna drive myself and my partner potty at this rate lol. He is sick of hearing about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ivanka)
    I sent my application on 27th September, received the Welcome letter a week later as well as a questionnaire from Durham. However, I haven't got any acknowledgements (what exactly is that??) yet, none of the other unis have contacted me. Shoudl I worry or not? I tried to look up what acknowledgement exactly means but was unsuccessful...
    An acknowledgement is just an email or a letter the university send to you to say "we received your application and we will process it somewhen". You don't have to worry at all. It sometimes takes quite a while before they send you anything. It is also possible that you will receive an offer without having received an acknowledgement letter.

So it's enough to check the track approximately a million times a day!

ReputationRep:
    I applied 5th October. I doubt i'll get anything back for ages though ! Good luck to all

ReputationRep:
    Application sent today! :woo: :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    logged into track...been one day since my application was sent off. cant wait to start getting offers!!!!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Ivanka)
    Not all unis send an acknowledgement. Really, a lot don't. When I applied (uh, years ago!) I got an acknowledgement from one uni months after I applied and then received an offer shortly after.

Acknowledgements don't mean anything. Well, it means the uni has too much money to spend on pointless things!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Mine got sent on the 4th. Got my UCAS letter yesterday (7th Oct), how long do you think it'll be before UCAS send it to universities?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by lozzyhickers)
    Mine got sent on the 4th. Got my UCAS letter yesterday (7th Oct), how long do you think it'll be before UCAS send it to universities?
    It's already gone./
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Juno)
    It's already gone./
    Good. Anyone know how fast Lincoln/York/Nottingham/UEA reply?

ReputationRep:
    Applied for King's, UCL * 2, Imperial and St. George's. Sent off my application yesterday been checking track ever since.

ReputationRep:
    EEEEEE excited Sent mine off on thursday!
    Boyfriend came home from uni for the weekend yday, raving about how AWESOME Uni is! Makes me even more excited!! Good look everyone, lovvvvving the thread!

ReputationRep:

Madness!

Good luck to everybody!
    haha this is what i've been doing too!

ReputationRep:
    I sent mine of today!

Currently not gone mad and checking too often, but I'm a re-applicant so hoping my experience of this last year helps haha!

Applied for

UWE Bristol
    Nottingham Trent
    Coventry Uni
    Hertfordshire
    Sheffield Hallam

ReputationRep:
    Sent mine off on Tuesday and have been checking Track like crazy :P Routinely checking the Choices page like something's gonna pop on!

>.<

ReputationRep:
    I don't think our teacher will do the references to like end of November... :/ I haven't even started my personal statement because the "UCAS" teacher takes so long and talks non stop about crap? Grr.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I'm going on holiday in half term, and I can't get to a computer!!!! So i'm going to get my boyfriend to check it everyday and let me know lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lozzyhickers)
    I'm going on holiday in half term, and I can't get to a computer!!!! So i'm going to get my boyfriend to check it everyday and let me know lol
    Haha love this :p:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 10, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.