Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    No offers today. I should stop obsessively checking track... I'm too impatient though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EdwardCJ)
    Same. What are you applying for at Imperial? I'm applying for civil engineering :-p
    Mathemagic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lsharkey3)
    ME TOO BBC for English and History, i was so excited
    Congratulations! Thats brilliant! I got all excited! Just nervous now! x

(Original post by jimbles)
    Going okay, just waiting on four unis!!! ARGHHHH
    Aww bless you, they will get back to you soon enough i'm sure whats your first choice and what are you applying to do?

xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TokenWeirdo)
    Nice one! I have a friend who applied for History at Nottingham and she got an offer earlier this week (although she was one of the first people in our school to send hers off) so hopefully you should hear from them soon! I'm going for English, although I'm hoping to do some history-related modules at certain points as I took both straight History and Classical Civilisations at A-Level I wish you lots of luck!
    Good luck to you too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sianelly)
    Congratulations! Thats brilliant! I got all excited! Just nervous now! x

Aww bless you, they will get back to you soon enough i'm sure whats your first choice and what are you applying to do?

xx
    UWE is first choice!

Preference order :

UWE - sports science
    Hertfordshire/NTU - sport and exercise science
    Coventry - sport and exercise science
    Sheffield Hallam - sport technology

what about all yours?

ReputationRep:
    I got an email today from Southampton uni telling me that they want me in for an interview and test for the Law M100 degree. Only thing is, they've not told me the date and are making me wait to find out when it will be (though it seems like it will be in the next month or so from the email).

Standard procedure I believe for mature students, but at least I know that a top uni is seriously considering my application and i've not been thrown in the reject bin straight away!

On the other hand, it's causing me to check my emails and track every 30 minutes or so (even at this hour!) to make sure they've not sent me my interview confirmation and to see if any of my other unis have replied yet.

Damn this waiting.

ReputationRep:
    UWE is first choice!

Preference order :

UWE - sports science

what about all yours?
    booo you for hallam been your last choice .lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nikki-jones2009)
    booo you for hallam been your last choice .lol
    Sport Technology sounded interesting... when I look into it more it might jump up?

ReputationRep:
    Sport Technology sounded interesting... when I look into it more it might jump up?
    sheffieldd ruleeess

ReputationRep:
    sheffieldd ruleeess
    haha If they did sport science as a 4 year degree it'd shoot up

ReputationRep:
    haha If they did sport science as a 4 year degree it'd shoot up
    lool come to hallammmmm!!

ReputationRep:
    lool come to hallammmmm!!
    I'd consider it if I can find out more about the course I chose

ReputationRep:
    UWE is first choice!

Preference order :

UWE - sports science

what about all yours?
    Ahh you have applied to Sheffield Hallam too then! That sounds brilliant! I wish you the best of luck

Mine are in no particular order.. as I cannot really decide however Gloucestershire is my first choice.

I also have:
    Gloucestershire - Psychology
    Glamorgan - Psychology
    Plymouth - Psychology
    Keele - Psychology with Neuroscience
    Sheffield Hallam - Psychology

xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anti)
    Meh, my Head of Sixth said he'd get it done on the Monday and he didn't end up even looking at it until the Thursday, and then he didn't actually read over my application at all. A few days won't make much/any difference really.

I had another nightmare... Birmingham sent me a rejection because "my grades weren't as high as predicted" and "food preferences were taken into account". I woke up very confused and quite upset too.
    Just got a reply back from my tutor saying he'll sort it out on Monday (and hasn't even started my reference!). It's nice to know we are both putting in the same effort! So pointless of him to tell him he'd be fine me sending it to him in Half Term I know a few days won't make any difference, but it's a few days sooner I might have offers, plus my peace of mind

Aw sorry about Birmingham I hope at least you have another 4 uni's you'd be happy going to which may give you offers? What were your grades/predicted grades? And what the fudge cake is the 'food preferences' all about!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sianelly)
    Ahh you have applied to Sheffield Hallam too then! That sounds brilliant! I wish you the best of luck

Mine are in no particular order.. as I cannot really decide however Gloucestershire is my first choice.

I also have:
    Gloucestershire - Psychology
    Glamorgan - Psychology
    Plymouth - Psychology
    Keele - Psychology with Neuroscience
    Sheffield Hallam - Psychology

xx
    Thank you! I'm hoping to do a four year course though Really want to do a placement year.... Only Nottingham Trent doesn't do that so they might get overlooked for me....

Good luck with yours!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crazydavy)
    Just got a reply back from my tutor saying he'll sort it out on Monday (and hasn't even started my reference!). It's nice to know we are both putting in the same effort! So pointless of him to tell him he'd be fine me sending it to him in Half Term I know a few days won't make any difference, but it's a few days sooner I might have offers, plus my peace of mind

Aw sorry about Birmingham I hope at least you have another 4 uni's you'd be happy going to which may give you offers? What were your grades/predicted grades? And what the fudge cake is the 'food preferences' all about!?

no no.... she wasn't rejected, she just had a nightmare thankfully!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crazydavy)
    Haha, mine did the bloody same thing... (still bitter about it now :P). "You can read it through next Monday and make sure it's okay, blah blah blah...", I turn up at the office and there is literally nothing there for me. "I'll get it done by Wednesday or Thursday, and then I'll read through your personal statement!" Nope, and he even pressed "send" on my account after telling me that I had stuff to change! Grr.

Apparently it's a universal truth that you just have to keep pestering people to get anything involving UCAS done, at schools. I just gave up on getting any extra help personally, and I had all my stuff done by the very start of October (it got sent off on the 15th or 14th, something like that).

Haha, it was just a nightmare! It did make me laugh when I woke up... silly subconscious! I just haven't had an acknowledgement so who knows, they might be rejecting me in real life too. xP

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! I'm hoping to do a four year course though Really want to do a placement year.... Only Nottingham Trent doesn't do that so they might get overlooked for me....

Good luck with yours!
    Thats no problem and thank you for the good luck, be sure to keep us informed of any offers thats occur. They sound like great courses! All of mine are three years expect Plymouth which I can do a placement year, but I can opt to do a placement year in the others I think?

xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anti)
    Haha, mine did the bloody same thing... (still bitter about it now :P). "You can read it through next Monday and make sure it's okay, blah blah blah...", I turn up at the office and there is literally nothing there for me. "I'll get it done by Wednesday or Thursday, and then I'll read through your personal statement!" Nope, and he even pressed "send" on my account after telling me that I had stuff to change! Grr.

Apparently it's a universal truth that you just have to keep pestering people to get anything involving UCAS done, at schools. I just gave up on getting any extra help personally, and I had all my stuff done by the very start of October (it got sent off on the 15th or 14th, something like that).

Haha, it was just a nightmare! It did make me laugh when I woke up... silly subconscious! I just haven't had an acknowledgement so who knows, they might be rejecting me in real life too. xP
    I still blooming laugh at the food habits one!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anti)

Ah jeez silly me! I understand now! Oh god, now you're going to start me off on getting nightmares about UCAS! I've actually had some good dreams lately. I was driving in one (although I was probably about 9 in the dream) and there was a really good feeling about it. Even thinking back to the dream makes me all warm in side :love: I'm not a weirdo, I promise :eek: Blame UCAS!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 10, 2011
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.